Lunch (nuther dull foodie thread) sowwy :0(

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Following on from Kathy Ellen's thread about 100 calorie snacks (and I'm sorry to make it another foodie thread) but what do you guys have for lunch, or what can you recommend that's light but filling.

At the moment I tend to eat soup for lunch at work. I want some healthy light lunch ideas. If I eat too much I want to sleep afterwards and that would go down like a pork pie at a Jewish wedding!

I only get half an hour so I need to eat, sit, digest and run, so it hasta be quick and easy! Oh, and nothing that takes hours of food preparation time - I simply don't have the time. :-5

I guess I'm trying to eat healthy fast food but it still needs to be fast food - and don't give me carrot sticks! :sneaky: :p :wah:

Thanking you. :)

Edited to add: I didn't mean to imply that KE's thread is dull as it's quite the opposite.

I just meant that there are SO many foodie threads in general and I know people get a bit bored with them.

Sorry KE for any confusion. :o
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

I'm addicted to brie at the moment so my lunch tends to contain that,

I have brie and grape sandwiches, brie and cranberry sandwiches or even brie, granberry and emmental sandwiches!

How about some savoury rice, can be eaten cold or zapped in a microwave
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I ADORE brie and grape sandwiches! My absolute favourite.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of cranberry or emmental though.

Savoury rice is a good idea, thanks Immy. :)

We have a microwave and a toaster at work, so that would be easy to nuke. :)

I'm trying to avoid bread though as it's so unhealthy (and basically so boring too!) :o
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I love food threads Rap, especially since "Food Channel" is fighting with my cable company and has been taken off the air:-5 Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't tell you how angry I am....:mad:

I only have a half hour for lunch so need to woof something down fast:mad:

I'm usually starving since I haven't really eaten since the night before. I'm not good with breakfast...that's why I like the snack ideas.

So, in the morning I bring a yogurt or a banana, and a 100 calorie snack. At lunch I need some bread:lips:

Some of our bread companys are making 100 calorie, tasty breads. I love "Arnold's" breads and they are making 100 calorie whole wheat bread that I like. I use the spicy grey poupon, Dijon mustard for a bit of zing...

You can make low cal breads in a breadmaker. I love my bread maker and use it all winter.

Try some of sandwich ideas here...

Arnold Bread - Tasty Ideas - Lunch Box Favorites
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Thanks KE and sorry, I didn't mean to offend!

I'm not good with breakfast either, but I can't make it through to lunch so have to try and have something.

I often bring a yogurt or banana for breaktime too, if I missed brekkie.

Those recipes you suggested sound delicious. I especially liked the sound of the peanut butter and banana with berries. I must try that. I like to have fruit chopped up in my food. :)

I usually eat soup in winter and salads in summer, but they can get a bit monotonous. Maybe I should make an ''open'' sandwich and put salady type things onto one slice of bread.

I have a breadmaker too, but I find it costs so much with all the ingredients, that it's cheaper to just buy the stuff. I like Warburton's who make a lovely seeded loaf although the fam won't eat it. It's a shame they don't make smaller loaves as so much always gets wasted. (Even though it's recycled as food waste).

Thankyou for the scrumptious ideas.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Rapunzel;1282950 wrote: Thanks KE and sorry, I didn't mean to offend!

Mel,

You did NOT offend me...Don't be silly girl:-6

I make my own bread at times because I can't always find the breads that I like. I love making my own pizza dough also.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Kathy Ellen;1282953 wrote: Thanks KE and sorry, I didn't mean to offend!

Mel,

You did NOT offend me...Don't be silly girl:-6

:o Thankyou. :)

I'm very lazy with my breadmaker. I could never think of exciting recipes and also I found you had to eat it all the same day as it goes off so fast, which meant it kept getting wasted.

Even normal bread, which can last 3/4 days, usually gets wasted. I'm always chucking out half loaves. I guess we're just not big bread eaters.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Just a thought - bread pudding? Good use of leftover bread, I'm the only one who likes it so I rarely make it and we have a goat who doesn't care if the bread's a bit stale!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Odie

Post by Odie »

Rapunzel;1282935 wrote: Following on from Kathy Ellen's thread about 100 calorie snacks (and I'm sorry to make it another foodie thread) but what do you guys have for lunch, or what can you recommend that's light but filling.

At the moment I tend to eat soup for lunch at work. I want some healthy light lunch ideas. If I eat too much I want to sleep afterwards and that would go down like a pork pie at a Jewish wedding!

I only get half an hour so I need to eat, sit, digest and run, so it hasta be quick and easy! Oh, and nothing that takes hours of food preparation time - I simply don't have the time. :-5

I guess I'm trying to eat healthy fast food but it still needs to be fast food - and don't give me carrot sticks! :sneaky: :p :wah:

Thanking you. :)

Edited to add: I didn't mean to imply that KE's thread is dull as it's quite the opposite.

I just meant that there are SO many foodie threads in general and I know people get a bit bored with them.

Sorry KE for any confusion. :o

I've been cutting down now for months not dieting as those don't work...I loose on average 2lbs a week now.

these are simply and quick, you can do them the night before.....lettuce or tomato...add on when you have your lunch.

pita bread, put tons of veggies in you like plus lettuce.

pickles or cottage cheese on the side.

danone 0% fat yogurt...it is the best one.;)

if your full, have the yogurt for a snack.

(or add tuna/salmon to the pita)

tuna/salmon salad sandwich

low fat mayo

brown bread

cottage cheese or pickle on the side

boiled eggs etc

low fat snacks:

low fat granola bars

rice krispie squares

fruit

Healthy choice puddings or no fat puddings...
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”