Just a random thought...

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Omni_Skittles

Just a random thought...

Post by Omni_Skittles »

So, I'm doing dishes and my brother is watching, "The Price is Right." And he also watches a bunch of other stuff that i don't think he should... like chick flicks... but that's who he is... I been such a jerk, lately. I mean he drives me absolutely insane but he puts up with more crap from me then he ever does to me. i mean sure, he has an anger problem... but once upon a time so did i. I am so bent on being "More Mature" that i'm noticing MYSELF become something i'm not. I am starting to realize that my family pretty much accepts me for whoever i am. Crabby, annoying, loud, ugly (my brother likes to call me that, nick anyways) and flat out my rudeness. And for some odd reason I feel like i deserve to treat them like crap and i don't deserve it! I think sometimes i have these thoughts, I'm better then you because of where i came from, i'm better then you because i read my bible more than you, i am better then you because i take harder classes, i'm better then you because i know you couldn't have lived through what i have. But really I'm not any better then my family. I'm the same as them all. Equal. So realizing this i guess i want to apologize to them for being such a jerk and having the I'm better then you attitude... Also, this is weird... but They accept me and i didn't accept them. For some reason i feel like my family is just a place I'm staying at until i move on to better things... like a place to crash... when really it's my home... my life... who i am... where i am going... a family with quirks that annoy me and i am just as weird... i mean i know i'm accepted BELIEVE me i know... but i'm realizing that acceptance is a two way thing when it comes to family... and i'm starting to accept them as a family. hmmm yea that's my random thought~
Smoke signals ftw!
Kathy Ellen

Just a random thought...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WOW Skittles:-4

That's a very deep random thought that you've just had.....very mature:-6

Good on ya girl...they are your family now:-6
chonsigirl

Just a random thought...

Post by chonsigirl »

That is cool, Skittles. That is how we should all feel. :)
RedGlitter

Just a random thought...

Post by RedGlitter »

Skittles, like Kathy Ellen said, this is very mature of you. You are a smart cookie to have sorted this out and you and your family will be all the better for it. Good for you! :)
abbey

Just a random thought...

Post by abbey »

Omni_Skittles;892623 wrote: They accept me and i didn't accept them. For some reason i feel like my family is just a place I'm staying at until i move on to better things... like a place to crash... when really it's my home... my life... who i am... where i am going... a family with quirks that annoy me and i am just as weird... i mean i know i'm accepted BELIEVE me i know... but i'm realizing that acceptance is a two way thing when it comes to family... and i'm starting to accept them as a family. hmmm yea that's my random thought~
Now click your heels together, close your eyes and say after me

"There's no place like home"

AJames

Just a random thought...

Post by AJames »

And did you? Apologize to them that is?
Single, Powerful and Loving It!
shelbell

Just a random thought...

Post by shelbell »

I think the saying goes, we always hurt the ones we love the most. We should treat each other like we would a stranger or friend. Good job on figuring this out! :yh_hugs:yh_hugs

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”