Refrigerate Butter?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

Oh my, just when we thought it was safe to take the butter out of the fridge
Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

flopstock wrote: Yes, I hate to think that all of the recent newbies may not have had the opportunity yet to see us at our most brilliant...:rolleyes:

:wah:

Wait, I thought we were always at our most brilliant??
Screamer

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Screamer »

lady cop wrote: from Land 'o Lakes....(i would never keep a dairy product at room temp. but i know lots of people who do. ) Storage
Always keep butter refrigerated. Store it in its original container in the coldest part of the refrigerator, not the warmer "butter keeper" on the door. Store it away from foods with a distinctive odor like cheese, onions, garlic, etc..

Refrigerate unused portions of opened butter in a covered dish.

LAND O LAKES® Butter has a shelf life of four months. For longer storage, freeze in carton.
Wow!! Good to know! Thanks for that. . . I always thought you could just leave it out! But I it is a dairy product. . .
woppy71

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by woppy71 »

I was wondering how long it would be for this thread to re-appear!!:wah::wah:

Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
CheshireCat

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CheshireCat »

I keep it in the fridge. It gets so hot here I think it would be a big mess if I left it out!

Also store extra in the freezer. A pound of butter lasts me a while.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
CARLA

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CARLA »

NO SAY IT ISN'T SO, IT IS BACK...RUN AS FAST AND YOU CAN.. :wah: :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Screamer

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Screamer »

This is very useful information, I know alot of people who keep their butter out.

I am glad the thread got ressurected!

In fact, I think someone should post in it once a week.
chonsigirl

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: Oh, you can tell it's the weekend, the butter thread is out!
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

CheshireCat wrote: I keep it in the fridge. It gets so hot here I think it would be a big mess if I left it out!

Also store extra in the freezer. A pound of butter lasts me a while.
My best friends younger brother use to grad a quarter pound stick of butter and eat it like a candy bar.
CARLA

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CARLA »

Is he still alive..:confused:

[QUOTE]My best friends younger brother use to grad a quarter pound stick of butter and eat it like a candy bar.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Screamer

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Screamer »

My sister and I used to snack on butter, but we'd cut off of the "candy bar"

Ew, I still don't know how we did it. And, *looks around, pinches herself* I am alive! And, I am not overweight!
Lulu2

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Lulu2 »

WOPPY "I was wondering how long it would be for this thread to re-appear!!"

Is this the BAD PENNY of FG threads? :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Accountable

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Accountable »

Lulu2 wrote: WOPPY "I was wondering how long it would be for this thread to re-appear!!"

Is this the BAD PENNY of FG threads? :wah:No! Of course not. What could a butter thread be but light and fluffy? :p
Lulu2

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Lulu2 »

Just READING the last posts made my arteries SLAM SHUT!:wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

Lulu2 wrote: Just READING the last posts made my arteries SLAM SHUT!:wah:
Can you say Stint? Heeeee. Hey I see now they are starting to use stints in nasal passages instead of an operation.
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

mrsK wrote: I love this butter thread:-4

I had toast,BUTTER & vegemite for breakfast this morning:-6
I had some vegamite once. Not too shabby.
CARLA

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CARLA »

Damn STINTS can be used any where almost as good ad DUCT TAPE..:wah:

[QUOTE]Can you say Stint? Heeeee. Hey I see now they are starting to use stints in nasal passages instead of an operation.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Lulu2

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Lulu2 »

Vegemite is a noxious substance which should be dropped on Osama bin Laden, once he's located! ;)
CARLA

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CARLA »

:wah: :wah: I'm with you on this LULU2 our British friends and Auzzies may not like us any more but VEGEMITE is the worst tasting stuff.....:lips:

[QUOTE]Vegemite is a noxious substance which should be dropped on Osama bin Laden, once he's located! [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

OK, that's enough Lulu and Carla !!!! Them's fightin words and only some stylish bloodshed will appease my patriotic anger! I mean - do I laugh because you lot choose to mix peanut butter and jam er jelly?? ... Do I roll around the floor because you eat grits?? Do I crap myself with glee when you drink coca cola with your breakfast??? Nar, well okay, yes, but I laugh only in a really classy way. And of course the English get hilariously silly over that tannin drink. ...

I've lost me train of thought. Oh yeah.. I was gonna clobber you for takin the mickey out of that noble Australian institution, that amazing black gold, that veritable elixir of life... VEGEMITE. I wrote some immoral high poetry in honour of our national treasure once.. did I ever post that? Not that you deserve to be enlightened, elevated and inspired by my lofty insights.

Vegemite

When life's a royal pain in the a$$

And innards seethe with nasty gas

Kiss it better, make it right

Smear yer toast with vegemite

When folk around give you the sh$ts

And work is really mega pits

Bite the bullet, see the light

Hang in there with vegemite

This black brew puts hair on yer pex

And guarantees exotic s$x

It makes ya smile, it cures the blues

Goes really great with aussie booze

And if the world goes down the toilet

You'll still be smiling - no grot will spoilet

You know that in the darkest night

There's always pots of vegemite

Add it to your life - and bliss

Will come with every salty kiss.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

CARLA

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CARLA »

Come on AuzziePam elevate me on the wonders of VEGEMITE mate I would rather eat dirt that Vegemite..:wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

I added it to my previous post, Carla. Now how's about you step outside with me and I learn you some manners.. giggle. You wanna eat dirt.. biting the dust can be arranged. :sneaky:

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam wrote: OK, that's enough Lulu and Carla !!!! Them's fightin words and only some stylish bloodshed will appease my patriotic anger! I mean - do I laugh because you lot choose to mix peanut butter and jam er jelly?? ... Do I roll around the floor because you eat grits?? Do I crap myself with glee when you drink coca cola with your breakfast??? Nar, well okay, yes, but I laugh only in a really classy way. And of course the English get hilariously silly over that tannin drink. ...

I've lost me train of thought. Oh yeah.. I was gonna clobber you for takin the mickey out of that noble Australian institution, that amazing black gold, that veritable elixir of life... VEGEMITE. I wrote some immoral high poetry in honour of our national treasure once.. did I ever post that? Not that you deserve to be enlightened, elevated and inspired by my lofty insights.

Vegemite

When life's a royal pain in the a$$

And innards seethe with nasty gas

Kiss it better, make it right

Smear yer toast with vegemite

When folk around give you the sh$ts

And work is really mega pits

Bite the bullet, see the light

Hang in there with vegemite

This black brew puts hair on yer pex

And guarantees exotic s$x

It makes ya smile, it cures the blues

Goes really great with aussie booze

And if the world goes down the toilet

You'll still be smiling - no grot will spoilet

You know that in the darkest night

There's always pots of vegemite

Add it to your life - and bliss

Will come with every salty kiss.

Now THATS what I'm talking about.
Lulu2

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Lulu2 »

OH MY GOD! It has a SONG? VEGEMITE HAS A SONG?

You Aussies're an interesting lot! :wah: Perhaps it's something you need to experience IN UTERO? :wah:

Anyway, in the interest of "stylish bloodshed," (anything for a pal,) I've opened a vein and stopped the bleeding with a dab of......

(you've already guessed it.....) something to cauterize, sanitize and BURN MY FLESH!

(walks away mumbling....."I canNOT believe that noxious substance has its own song, fer criminey's sake!)
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

GUFFAW !!!! Well, Okie, if nobody else wants it, there'll just be more for me. Every cloud has a silver lining....

It's cold, windy, sleety and generally yuck here this Saturday arvo. I gotta hit the road again tomorrow early, so should be packing, I guess... I hate packing. Maybe a spoonful of vegemite will enable me to cruise through that painlessly - rather like Popeye getting his spinach ?????

anastrophe

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by anastrophe »

i absolutely love vegemite. just as mrsk describes it, freshly toasted bread with butter and vegemite. heavenly!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

mrsK wrote: 'Vegemite Song'..

We're happy little Vegemites

As bright as bright can be.

We all enjoy our Vegemite

For breakfast, lunch, and tea.

Our mother says we're growing

stronger every single week.

Because we love our Vegemite.

We all adore our Vegemite.

It puts a rose in every cheek!

:-6 :-6

Yes MrsK - that's the one!!! Grin. And it's good to know that Anastrophe has a rose in every cheek too.... giggle.

Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

For Carla and Pinky :wah: :D :p ;)
chonsigirl

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: i knewwhen I returned from the yardwork this thread would be bumped.....
CARLA

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by CARLA »

Cute Marie you will pay for this. Pinky and I will come up with something to torture(sp) with..:-5

[QUOTE]For Carla and Pinky [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

CARLA wrote: Cute Marie you will pay for this. Pinky and I will come up with something to torture(sp) with..:-5

Oh, o. I am shaking in my boots. :yh_worry :yh_nailbi

I think I have no worries...Cher's Buster and my trixie will protect me. So there.:rolleyes:
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

Marie5656 wrote: Oh, o. I am shaking in my boots. :yh_worry :yh_nailbi

I think I have no worries...Cher's Buster and my trixie will protect me. So there.:rolleyes:
Butter butter everywhere. I better go get some popcorn.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Now that, Okie, must get the prize for the most constructive offering in this dark and dastardly thread. Grin.

And will go down very well, as we watch Carla, Pinky and Chonsi chastise Marie - from our front row seats... should be a great show!!!

Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

just checked the fridge, have to add butter to next weeks shopping list.
chonsigirl

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by chonsigirl »

Butter cookies-reminded me of someone I miss........................

Attached files
Lulu2

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Lulu2 »

BUTTER cookies? I've heard Chilean elephants will walk miles for a butter cookie.
Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

Lulu2 wrote: BUTTER cookies? I've heard Chilean elephants will walk miles for a butter cookie.

And just how big, and what shape are these elephant's ears??
chonsigirl

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by chonsigirl »

I think so too...................

Attached files
Lulu2

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Lulu2 »

Asian elephants' ears look like a map of India.

African elephants' ears look like a map of Africa.

Chilean elephants' ears look like a jalapeno.

(I made up that last one. But it could work.....)
Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

Lulu2 wrote: Asian elephants' ears look like a map of India.

African elephants' ears look like a map of Africa.

Chilean elephants' ears look like a jalapeno.

(I made up that last one. But it could work.....)

Oh, OK.:-3
chonsigirl

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by chonsigirl »

What do these count as?:)

Attached files
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

STRUTH!!! Well we've all certainly drowned all unpleasantness, but I'm starting to feel kind of stalked - now it's by elephant ears, visions of Anastrophe dispensing trivia like handing out cocktail napkins, and I'm slip sliding all over bloody butter. This, on a Monday morning when I'm not even fortified by coffee!!! Dare I post a sneaky Smiley, or has it gotta be a smiley smiley.. Nar.. gimme :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

meltonpie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by meltonpie »

I can't believe it!! Pages and pages of it, and the topic is butter!!!!

I'm getting really worried about you all, PLEASE go and find something better to do. I've just remembered you have ............. there's been thousands of visits and entries to "A roll in the Hay". I despair!
Marie5656

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Marie5656 »

meltonpie wrote: I can't believe it!! Pages and pages of it, and the topic is butter!!!!

I'm getting really worried about you all, PLEASE go and find something better to do. I've just remembered you have ............. there's been thousands of visits and entries to "A roll in the Hay". I despair!

Welcome to our world, Melton.
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam wrote: STRUTH!!! Well we've all certainly drowned all unpleasantness, but I'm starting to feel kind of stalked - now it's by elephant ears, visions of Anastrophe dispensing trivia like handing out cocktail napkins, and I'm slip sliding all over bloody butter. This, on a Monday morning when I'm not even fortified by coffee!!! Dare I post a sneaky Smiley, or has it gotta be a smiley smiley.. Nar.. gimme :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
I just made brekkers. And yes, its afternoon here. But its not my first meal of the day. Its just Karens morning. she has ner days and nights mixed up. I made an omelet earlier.. I made biscuits and gravy and bacon just now. You guessed it. we put butter on the biscuits. At least on a few.

Return to “General Chit Chat”