How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522869 wrote: Well George, if you need to ask then you have conveniently ignored all the gory stuff in your favorite book. Rape, Lust, Murder, Incest, Kidnaping, Adultery,etc etc.

Don’t bother trying to water down all that nasty stuff. It won’t wash, pardon the pun, with afheists.

I don't need to water it down. The Bible is History, that doesn't mean that God approved of Rape, Lust, Murder, Incest, Kidnapping or Adultery. Just stating that these things happened doesn't mean God approved. So please give me an instance of God approving of these things.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1522874 wrote: I don't need to water it down. The Bible is History, that doesn't mean that God approved of Rape, Lust, Murder, Incest, Kidnapping or Adultery. Just stating that these things happened doesn't mean God approved. So please give me an instance of God approving of these things.

Did he not approve of murder and genocide or did I read that wrong?
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522879 wrote: Did he not approve of murder and genocide or did I read that wrong?

God condemns murder and murderers were to be put to death. There are times when God commanded His people to kill their enemies in time of war. That's not murder.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1522891 wrote: God condemns murder and murderers were to be put to death. There are times when God commanded His people to kill their enemies in time of war. That's not murder.

Those people did as they wished, and then blamed God for their actions. Some things have never changed.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1522894 wrote: Those people did as they wished, and then blamed God for their actions. Some things have never changed.

Are you referring to God's chosen people the Jews? The Jews were sinners like anyone else. That doesn't mean that God approved when they did things that went against His commandments.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1522905 wrote: Are you referring to God's chosen people the Jews? The Jews were sinners like anyone else. That doesn't mean that God approved when they did things that went against His commandments.

You quite often post things that make me wonder just how much of the Bible you have actually read.
- DH Lawrence
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Reading the bible is the best way to become an atheist.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1522907 wrote: You quite often post things that make me wonder just how much of the Bible you have actually read.

I have read all of it. Have you even read it? If you don't understand that the Jewish race is God's chosen race, you don't know the first thing about the Bible. The whole Bible was written by Jews and all except Paul's writings were written TO the Jews. The entire Bible talks about this. So, yes please explain how I am wrong. I will wait...

Psalms 135:4 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Deuteronomy 7:6

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 14:2 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Inscriptions: The biblical figures that nearly were. Artifacts that all but identify personalities from Scripture

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2019/04/inscription ... AXf7Vis.99
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The Bible states how God tells how they should beat their slaves, and to keep the pre-teen gorls as sex slaves. But the Word of God is Good & True, so that has to be Good.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1522943 wrote: The Bible states how God tells how they should beat their slaves, and to keep the pre-teen gorls as sex slaves. But the Word of God is Good & True, so that has to be Good.

You are going to have to show me chapter and verses so that I can put it into context for you. It doesn't tell us to beat our slaves or take pre teen girls as sex slaves. Slavery in the Bible was voluntary and it was to pay off a debt. It was a period of 7 years and they had to let them free at that point. Anyone caught stealing another person to put them into slavery was to be put to death. There were a few occasions where God commanded His people to attack certain people who were going to be the demise of the Jews if they didn't. Instead of letting the woman and children die, they were to take them in and take care of them. Men were not allowed to marry women who were pre teens. You are thinking of Islam, where Mohammad married a 6 year old girl and had sex with her when she was 9. You don't find this type of thing in Judaism.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1522950 wrote: You are going to have to show me chapter and verses so that I can put it into context for you. It doesn't tell us to beat our slaves or take pre teen girls as sex slaves. Slavery in the Bible was voluntary and it was to pay off a debt. It was a period of 7 years and they had to let them free at that point. Anyone caught stealing another person to put them into slavery was to be put to death. There were a few occasions where God commanded His people to attack certain people who were going to be the demise of the Jews if they didn't. Instead of letting the woman and children die, they were to take them in and take care of them. Men were not allowed to marry women who were pre teens. You are thinking of Islam, where Mohammad married a 6 year old girl and had sex with her when she was 9. You don't find this type of thing in Judaism.

Even now children of 12 can still marry in the US.

You seem to forget that Islam & Judaism are essentially the same thing. The Qu'ran & the OT are pretty much identical, just with names being slightly different. The fables & characters are all the same.

Exodus 21:7 If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.

exodus 22:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

As for not getting paedophiia in Judaism - how about Rebecca, wife of Isaac. Some sources put her age at 3. Others put it as old as 10.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1522951 wrote: Even now children of 12 can still marry in the US.

You seem to forget that Islam & Judaism are essentially the same thing. The Qu'ran & the OT are pretty much identical, just with names being slightly different. The fables & characters are all the same.

Exodus 21:7 If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.

exodus 22:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

As for not getting paedophiia in Judaism - how about Rebecca, wife of Isaac. Some sources put her age at 3. Others put it as old as 10.

I have never heard of any children marrying under 12 in the US.

islam and Christianity are NOT essentially the same thing. They are quite different. The quran is not identical to the OT, but it was copied from it and then twisted up. I will grant you that, even though mohammad messed up all of the stories that it did include. They aren't fables, they are actual historical events and have theological purposes and mohammad destroys all semblance of that with his changing and twisting of things. the Bible was written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events and then the quran wasn't written by an eyewitness and his accounts actually contradict the eyewitness Biblical accounts.

Rebekah's age isn't revealed. I can say that there is no way that she was 3 because she was lowering pots down into wells for water for the animals and to drink. Anyone can make any claim that they want, but her age isn't revealed and the Jews didn't sleep with pre pubescent children like the muslims do.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

17 of the U.S. states do not have a legal minimum age of marriage when these judicial exceptions are taken into account. Although in such states there is no set minimum age by statute, the traditional common law minimum age is 14 for boys and 12 for girls - ages which have been confirmed by case law in some states.[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_ma ... ted_States

Isaac was 37 at the time of Rebekah's birth. He married her when he was 40. Simple maths imlpies that she was 3 years old.

https://www1.biu.ac.il/indexE.php?id=14 ... 4391,14487
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1522958 wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_ma ... ted_States

Isaac was 37 at the time of Rebekah's birth. He married her when he was 40. Simple maths imlpies that she was 3 years old.

https://www1.biu.ac.il/indexE.php?id=14 ... 4391,14487

Again, you would need to show me chapter and verse where it says that Isaac was 37 years old when she was born and then that they got married when Isaac was 40. She couldn't have been 3 years old because she drew water and a baby could do no such thing. Also, even your source, which I doubt, says she was 14 when she married Isaac.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Arguing about who better understands the particulars of fairytales is never productive. One can almost always find equivocation.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ahso!;1522974 wrote: Arguing about who better understands the particulars of fairytales is never productive. One can almost always find equivocation.

It's a good thing it's not a fairy tale.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx;1058898 wrote: ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood for my sins. I accept this sacrifice for my sins. I repent and turn to You as the only way of salvation, placing my Faith and Trust in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

What would you do if God spoke to you and told you to go to a certain Church, you realized hell was real and you had a burning passion to post the Gospel? Then when you obeyed Him, ministries began to open up to you left and right that you never thought would. Would you obey God?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1522987 wrote: What would you do if God spoke to you and told you to go to a certain Church, you realized hell was real and you had a burning passion to post the Gospel? Then when you obeyed Him, ministries began to open up to you left and right that you never thought would. Would you obey God?

So you think that this is your ministry?
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

xfrodobagginsx;1522987 wrote: What would you do if God spoke to you and told you to go to a certain Church, you realized hell was real and you had a burning passion to post the Gospel?Seek professional counseling. xfrodobagginsx;1522987 wrote: Then when you obeyed Him, ministries began to open up to you left and right that you never thought would. Would you obey God?I suggest you remain in counseling and focus on your ego and delusions of grandeur.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Ahso!;1522989 wrote: Seek professional counseling. I suggest you remain in counseling and focus on your ego and delusions of grandeur.

Leave him alone, lol, he can't help it.

How long before Vatican City is turned into a museum?

I think at least 100 years after xfrodobagginsx kicks the bucket. Ooops, I mean 'gone to heaven'.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522990 wrote: Leave him alone, lol, he can't help it.

How long before Vatican City is turned into a museum?

I think at least 100 years after xfrodobagginsx kicks the bucket. Ooops, I mean 'gone to heaven'.

They have been saying this since the beginning, but God has preserved His Word and His Church.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I accept the reality of God but that is rubbish.
Ted

Post by Ted »

The word for " spirit" in both Greek and Hebrew refers to wind or breath and has nothing to do with a physical being. Panentheism is the Post theism os today.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

From what I've heard of Heaven it's certainly not the sort of place I want to spend an eternity in having to put up with the likes of you.

The Religious continuously try to use the threat of an eternity of damnation if someone doesn't fall down & worship their Imaginary Dictator with such lines as "When you die you will face the Judgement of the Lord". As far as I am concerned, I have nothing to fear as there is no-one to do any judging & once I'm dead, I'm gone. End of. I have no false illusions. You, on the other hand, want to make yourself look even more idiotic by praying to a non-entity.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523002 wrote: The word for " spirit" in both Greek and Hebrew refers to wind or breath and has nothing to do with a physical being. Panentheism is the Post theism os today.

A Spirit isn't a physical being. Who said that a Spirit was a physical being?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1523009 wrote: From what I've heard of Heaven it's certainly not the sort of place I want to spend an eternity in having to put up with the likes of you.

The Religious continuously try to use the threat of an eternity of damnation if someone doesn't fall down & worship their Imaginary Dictator with such lines as "When you die you will face the Judgement of the Lord". As far as I am concerned, I have nothing to fear as there is no-one to do any judging & once I'm dead, I'm gone. End of. I have no false illusions. You, on the other hand, want to make yourself look even more idiotic by praying to a non-entity.

Sorry you feel that way. I didn't know I was so horrible of a person for disagreeing with you. I am not using the threat of eternal damnation, it's what the Bible says, not what I say, so stop acting like I am the one making this up. You have a choice to believe God's Word or reject it. I choose to believe it and I strongly urge you to do so as well.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I have experienced fundamentalism and found it to be nonsense and dangerous.. What it did to my parents was criminal.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523041 wrote: I have experienced fundamentalism and found it to be nonsense and dangerous.. What it did to my parents was criminal.

What exactly did you experience that you consider to be criminal?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523041 wrote: I have experienced fundamentalism and found it to be nonsense and dangerous.. What it did to my parents was criminal.

Still waiting for your response to my question.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523001 wrote: I accept the reality of God but that is rubbish.

You do realize that the Dead Sea Scrolls affirm the preservation of Scripture right? Even though they precede the earliest manuscripts by more than 1000 years.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mothers out there!!!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Attack at Catholic church kills at least 6

https://www.wnd.com/2019/05/attack-at-c ... t-least-6/
Ted

Post by Ted »

xfrod that is a highly personal issue and I will not be spelling it out. It was evil and I have checked it out with several clergy.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523076 wrote: xfrod that is a highly personal issue and I will not be spelling it out. It was evil and I have checked it out with several clergy.

It's not a personal issue. Muslims have been murdering Christians in Africa and the media isn't reporting it. It's a shame. Very sad.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Photo of 'Christ' coming in clouds of sky goes viral

https://www.wnd.com/2019/05/photo-of-ch ... oes-viral/
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523076 wrote: xfrod that is a highly personal issue and I will not be spelling it out. It was evil and I have checked it out with several clergy.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Telling the truth isn't wrong. In stead of worrying about what the clergy thinks, read and line it up with the Bible.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Another shining 'Jesus' photo in clouds goes viral

https://www.wnd.com/2019/05/another-shi ... oes-viral/
Ted

Post by Ted »

xfrod Yes but I take the Dead Sea scrolls seriously but not literally.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Xfrod my thinking on the Bible is the same as on the Dead Sea scrolls. They were never mea to be taken literally. You mention Muslims but you have forgotten the evil that so called Christians have done.
Ted

Post by Ted »

In general the Bible is much like the Muslim Quran. In places they both condone and ever encourage violence.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523116 wrote: xfrod Yes but I take the Dead Sea scrolls seriously but not literally.

The Dead sea scrolls prove the preservation of scripture and I take them literally unless directed otherwise and or where it is obviously not literal. It is all 100% true and God's word wouldn't you agree?
Ted

Post by Ted »

In my view the Bible is a very human construct.. However Jesus is the "word" and trumps the Bible. If indeed you believe that Jesus was God it can be no other way.. I personally do not believe Jesus was God and to make him into God is to to besmirch his name. He was indeed a very amazing human being and a powerful one at that.. If Jesus was God then who the hell was he speaking to Gsthemine (Himself). Then he had a personality disorder. Who was he talking to when he cried out "My God my God why have you forsaken me" (himself)

I do believe in the historicity Jesus of Nazerith. He was in deed a very unique and powerful human being who presented to us, as much as a human could, the true nature of God. Since we all are Children of God so was Jesus as a very profound human being. Now you are trying to put the "dead See scrolls into another paper Pope.
Ted

Post by Ted »

It is indeed sad when people like the fundamentalists try to tell the Divine what he or she or it can do and cannot do. That is no Christianity.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523118 wrote: In general the Bible is much like the Muslim Quran. In places they both condone and ever encourage violence.

The quran is copied from the Bible and the stories are twisted up by mohammad so. There are times when violence is necessary in times of war. But islam murders and forces people to become muslim, Judaism does not and neither do Christians. Judaism and Christianity were established by God Himself. islam was not established by God.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Xfrod it's too bad that you live in the ancient past and that is sad. That is primitive thinking based on very ancient thinking. A literal reading is nonsensed..
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523163 wrote: Xfrod it's too bad that you live in the ancient past and that is sad. That is primitive thinking based on very ancient this nonsensed..

What's sad is that you don't recognize that the Bible is God's Word and is timeless. It's as relevant today as it was 2,000 years ago. An allegorical reading is non sense and just making things up as you go along. Why even read it if you don't believe what it says? Really, why bother. What you are doing is making up your own Bible so that you can conform God to what you want to believe rather than allow God to tell you what to believe and what is true. You need to believe God.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Xfrod rubbish.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1523173 wrote: Xfrod rubbish.

So you have no rebuttle except the word rubbish. Why not refute me with facts and explain how I am wrong?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Xfrod in taking the bible literally you are wrong. You make a mockery of a profound book and demean the very name of God. But if you choose the live in the ancient past go for it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”