How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ as Your Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died, shed His blood and rose again as a sacrifice for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but your Faith must be in Christ and His sacrifice alone and nothing else, giving your life to Him.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

4. You must place your Faith in Jesus Christ believing in your heart that He died and rose again shedding His blood to pay for your sins as a sacrifice to God. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, Pray this prayer from your heart to God in Faith:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as a Sacrifice for my sins. I repent and turn to You as the only way of salvation, I give my life to you, placing my Faith and Trust in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
Violetmay

Post by Violetmay »

I don't believe in heaven or hell, or god for that matter so said no. I have my own thing going on.
Wibble
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Violetmay;1058900 wrote: I don't believe in heaven or hell, or god for that matter so said no. I have my own thing going on.

what she said:D
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

It won't matter I will be dead. :rolleyes:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Post by spot »

Oh Lord save us from the attentions of Thine evangelists, for they get up more noses than the entire Colombian cartels combined. Amen.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Sometimes i just wonder what's wrong with Christians.... SERIOUSLY! :yh_rotfl
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God but these twisted literalists claim to be the sanctimonious possessors of the only truth, and they absolutely believe what they say. The Christians who realize that omnipotence isn't an attribute of God are an entirely different bunch to these heathen idolators who put on the whole armour of God and stride forth to battle the unrighteous in exchange for what they claim to be a guarantee of salvation. We've just been fly-posted by the Taliban of Christianity.

The whole of monotheism is split between fundamentalists pushing Almighty God down the throats of ungrateful sinners and the other Jews, Muslims, Christians and Mormons who spend a lifetime living out the consequences of faith. In my opinion it's time we had two different words for the two different groups because they certainly don't have anything at all in common, least of all their religion.

These are all the same chap, the same xfrodobagginsx registration, the same one post per forum, it's what used to be criticized as "vain repetition" when Christians had better manners. [xfrodobagginsx heaven] generates 3,700 hits on Google. Perhaps that makes it a Christianized Spambot of some sort but if it is then some zealot set it up.

board.rapmusic.com/420lounge/1053008-how-get-heaven-when-you-die.html

dimitri.usuck.com/viewtopic.php?t=8&sid=74e794405d35c28ecfbb237b43cfb904

forums.cdcovers.cc/showthread.php?p=1692692

forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=25653225&f=119

forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/121357-how-get-heaven-when-you-die.html

h2o.aimoo.com/categroy/HOW-TO-GET-TO-HEAVEN-WHEN-YOU--1-743135.html

https://kcsr.org/viewtopic.php?p=276131 ... e3ca5fc613

https://kcsr.org/viewtopic.php?t=171353 ... a9e272fff2

jollyrogerwest.com/archive/index.php/t-3712.html

jollyrogerwest.com/showthread.php?t=3712

perspectives.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=175701&forum_id=70

perspectives.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=181079&forum_id=70

pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30953453

www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.ph ... 779.0;wap2

www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=176021

www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?show ... etlastpost

www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4282947

www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141769

www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359420

www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philos ... die-2.html

www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philos ... u-die.html

www.createblog.com/forums/lofiversion/i ... 93379.html

www.evcforum.net/cgi-bin/dm.cgi?action= ... &t=656&m=1

www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showth ... p?t=102993

www.mpcforum.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=229905

www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.ph ... 478&page=8

www.profileheaven.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130389

www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-chris ... u-die.html

www.rouseindahouse.com/showthread.php?t=2005

www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2459312

www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=2080418

www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=87615

www.sherdog.net/forums/f78/how-get-heav ... ie-457674/

www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328478

www.thechristiandefense.com/viewtopic.php?t=7884

www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42072

www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?t=110252

www.topix.com/forum/afam/T5QHG3E6A8PL64QV1

www.usuck.com/viewtopic.php?t=3616&view ... 2c1fe4da40
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I don't think any god that may be out there is 1/1000th as dumb as the majority of the christian community lives in hope that it would be.

I think that any greater being who may be hanging around out there would have to be more of an "actions speak louder then words" kinda being. More of a do unto others as you would have them do unto you..

and damning someone to a hell if they don't believe as you believe.. living your life in fear of your god and trying to entice others to fear it too..

sorry, you are the folks I'm thinking your god would be handing the pitchforks to..

I'll take my chances and just keep living my life the best I can, correcting my missteps along the way as best I can - not because I fear retribution from some higher being, but because it's the right thing I should be doing.

I came home yesterday to clean gutters on my house. I have no idea which neighbor did it.. everyone just smiles and says no idea... no idea who or what they believe in.. just sure they are closer to their god then anyone who actually tries to make me fear theirs.

My best friend for all of my adult life is a born again christian. There is no one I respect more. She lives it though. I don't know how else to explain it... she just lives what she believes. She doesn't threaten me with dire predictions... instead she makes me wish I could have her faith.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

You're worth every dollar, floppy, and if anyone creeps up behind you I'll throw a bucket of water over them.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

God said "Hoppy ain't fit for MY house".

Satan said, "well I ain't putin' up with his BS either".

So, don't know where I'll end up.
Lon

Post by Lon »

xfrodobagginsx;1058898 wrote: ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

I am 100% sure that when I die I will be dead and that any perceived sins that I may have committed while living, I have already paid the price for committing. Living one's life in fear of a mythical being that will punish us for not only the original sin of being born, but for alleged sins committed through our lives, unless of course we repent, is totally illogical.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Barman;1058979 wrote: When i go i will be cremated, the only place i will be going is into the dustpan then on to the trash.

As good as it gets for all of us.;)

Why not have yourself stirred into a pint of beer, Barman?
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Amen.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Omni_Skittles;1058931 wrote: Sometimes i just wonder what's wrong with Christians.... SERIOUSLY! :yh_rotfl

I'm a Christian, but I do not try to shove it down anyones throat. There is something "wrong" with all of us whether you believe or not. You are just generalizing one group of people and that's not fair.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

shelbell;1059146 wrote: I'm a Christian, but I do not try to shove it down anyones throat. There is something "wrong" with all of us whether you believe or not. You are just generalizing one group of people and that's not fair.I'm a Christian. Generalizing isn't fair... but it's like 80 percent right. Granted my comment was said out of annoyance towards people like this. I can't judge though. I shouldn't have said that... now that i think about it...............
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

But it was posted by a computer program, Skittles! You're allowed to be annoyed about a program posting.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Omni_Skittles;1059258 wrote: I'm a Christian. Generalizing isn't fair... but it's like 80 percent right. Granted my comment was said out of annoyance towards people like this. I can't judge though. I shouldn't have said that... now that i think about it...............

Hello Skittles:-4

You are always a treasured FG member here and loved by all:-6
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Barman;1059236 wrote: Cos I'm not dead yet:rolleyes:

Erm. Right. I meant your ashes.:wah::wah:
spot

Post by spot »

Barman;1059465 wrote: I knew that;)

I have already decided that i want to be an egg timer actually.:D

Bagsy I get to use the mortar and pestle! I always wanted to do that bit.
spot

Post by spot »

You'll be straight into the breadmaker if you show up at a UK Meet after that comment.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Barman;1059465 wrote: I knew that;)

I have already decided that i want to be an egg timer actually.:D

That'd be a bloody big egg timer.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

The OP on this thread isn't a bot, he is a real life member from Michigan USA.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Omni_Skittles;1059258 wrote: I'm a Christian. Generalizing isn't fair... but it's like 80 percent right. Granted my comment was said out of annoyance towards people like this. I can't judge though. I shouldn't have said that... now that i think about it...............

You don't have a mean bone in your body, OS. :-4Don't ever apologize for posting something that reflects the style of your personality. I got it and am sure you are proud of your Christianity.

As a side note: don't start hesitating to say what you think when you read something on here.. it will stunt your growth, IMO...:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Chezzie;1059625 wrote: The OP on this thread isn't a bot, he is a real life member from Michigan USA.

If he/she/it is real, their opening post is a surefire way to find like-minded individuals in the garden, IMO. I do hope this is just a jumping off post and we'll get a more diverse flavoring of what makes them tick. Perhaps if another Christian on the board could reach out and let this person know we welcome diversity and an opportunity to know folks of all faiths.:-6

I respect anyone who has faith, even if I don't understand it myself. I figure nobody was put on earth by any god to agree with me..:D

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

flopstock;1059728 wrote: I figure nobody was put on earth by any god to agree with me..:D

You never know though, do you?:wah:
spot

Post by spot »

I apologize, he's apparently a real person and not a pre-set program. Anyone with such a focus on a single message is pretty indistinguishable.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

flopstock;1059728 wrote: If he/she/it is real, their opening post is a surefire way to find like-minded individuals in the garden, IMO. I do hope this is just a jumping off post and we'll get a more diverse flavoring of what makes them tick. Perhaps if another Christian on the board could reach out and let this person know we welcome diversity and an opportunity to know folks of all faiths.:-6

I respect anyone who has faith, even if I don't understand it myself. I figure nobody was put on earth by any god to agree with me..:D

I just want you to know that I respect your right to disagree with me, but I also believe in my right to share my faith. :D
spot

Post by spot »

xfrodobagginsx;1059929 wrote: I just want you to know that I respect your right to disagree with me, but I also believe in my right to share my faith. :D

That's not faith, that's propaganda. It's not an introduction to faith or a promise, it's a series of threats. It disgusts me and I consider myself a representative Christian.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

xfrodobagginsx;1059929 wrote: I just want you to know that I respect your right to disagree with me, but I also believe in my right to share my faith. :D

We embrace all walks of life with all different point of view here. You will find some may agree with you and alot disagree but your entitled to your opinion as we all are. We have a General Religion Forum, I suggest you keep the religious posts to there.

Why dont you go to the introductions forum and introduce yourself:-6

Welcome to the forum:)
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

spot;1059934 wrote: That's not faith, that's propaganda. It's not an introduction to faith or a promise, it's a series of threats. It disgusts me and I consider myself a representative Christian.

Well, then Jesus's message discusts you. Jesus is the one who said:

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Mr 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

John wrote:

1Jo 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

So I ask you...was Jesus wrong?
spot

Post by spot »

xfrodobagginsx;1060186 wrote: So I ask you...was Jesus wrong?Easily, of course he was, he was a man of his time with the cultural understanding of his time trying to do what he thought was necessary.

The problem with your position is that it abandons Christian charity for dogmatic belief.

Assume a person stays within the religion of his family rather than respond to the Christian call - let's say he's a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Hindu, or an Atheist, or a Confucian or a Buddhist. Where does your quoted text demand he ends up after death? Not in heaven. Those people, added together, are the bulk of humanity. Christians are a small minority and always have been. The beam in your eye is throwing the majority of humanity out of heaven by making the demands in your posted call to prayer.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Kathy Ellen;1059403 wrote: Hello Skittles:-4

You are always a treasured FG member here and loved by all:-6well i try!
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

flopstock;1059682 wrote: You don't have a mean bone in your body, OS. :-4Don't ever apologize for posting something that reflects the style of your personality. I got it and am sure you are proud of your Christianity.

As a side note: don't start hesitating to say what you think when you read something on here.. it will stunt your growth, IMO...:Dsaying things out of rash annoyance is not always good though hahaha
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

xfrodobagginsx;1059929 wrote: I just want you to know that I respect your right to disagree with me, but I also believe in my right to share my faith. :DYou have that right, granted. But what's the point if it isn't effective. This generation is a different one. You aren't going to win them over by calling them sinners, and to repent because you said so! you have to build relationships with them and through that show that the greatest relationship you could have is with the father. and so on and so on. This kind of "witnessing" isn't much of a witness. Just random yelling on a street corner that everyone laughs at.
Smoke signals ftw!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

spot;1060244 wrote: Easily, of course he was, he was a man of his time with the cultural understanding of his time trying to do what he thought was necessary.

The problem with your position is that it abandons Christian charity for dogmatic belief.

Assume a person stays within the religion of his family rather than respond to the Christian call - let's say he's a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Hindu, or an Atheist, or a Confucian or a Buddhist. Where does your quoted text demand he ends up after death? Not in heaven. Those people, added together, are the bulk of humanity. Christians are a small minority and always have been. The beam in your eye is throwing the majority of humanity out of heaven by making the demands in your posted call to prayer.

But that's what Jesus Himself says. That's not what I say. If you are a follower of Christ, then you are going to believe Him when He tells you something, even if you don't like what you hear.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Omni_Skittles;1060658 wrote: You have that right, granted. But what's the point if it isn't effective. This generation is a different one. You aren't going to win them over by calling them sinners, and to repent because you said so! you have to build relationships with them and through that show that the greatest relationship you could have is with the father. and so on and so on. This kind of "witnessing" isn't much of a witness. Just random yelling on a street corner that everyone laughs at.

Well, these tracts have led hundreds to Christ, so you're wrong there. Secondly, I am not commanded to make anyone convert. It is my job to tell people and let them choose. My concience is clean. My hands are clean of their blood. Jesus and His disciples preached on corners. I am not standing on a corner however. I am on the internet having a discussion.

1Co 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

xfrodobagginsx;1062679 wrote: Well, these tracts have led hundreds to Christ, so you're wrong there. Secondly, I am not commanded to make anyone convert. It is my job to tell people and let them choose. My concience is clean. My hands are clean of their blood. Jesus and His disciples preached on corners. I am not standing on a corner however. I am on the internet having a discussion.

1Co 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.well, I don't think it's having the effect you want it to have and that's my point.
Smoke signals ftw!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Omni_Skittles;1060658 wrote: You have that right, granted. But what's the point if it isn't effective. This generation is a different one. You aren't going to win them over by calling them sinners, and to repent because you said so! you have to build relationships with them and through that show that the greatest relationship you could have is with the father. and so on and so on. This kind of "witnessing" isn't much of a witness. Just random yelling on a street corner that everyone laughs at.

Well said :-6

The Church can no longer bully people into believing by using threats of eternal damnation, it has to work with people to build an understanding of what it means to be a Christian - lead them rather than drive them.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

If I ever meet you I'm giving you a big ol' bear hug ... then knuckle noogies ... but definitely a great big hug. :-4
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Accountable;1063914 wrote: If I ever meet you I'm giving you a big ol' bear hug ... then knuckle noogies ... but definitely a great big hug. :-4Thanks i guess... hahaha
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Omni_Skittles;1063333 wrote: well, I don't think it's having the effect you want it to have and that's my point.sorry i have another point... you said something about having a clear conscious or something along those lines. Aren't you then just being self serving? I mean... not my place to judge at all but it seems to me like your heart is in the right place but if your doing this just to get a check on your list of good things to do then maybe you should re look this. You would think that it would be more fulfilling to you if your point wasn't to get someone saved but in a relationship with God. That's what people need or this generation wouldn't be having this problem. If we saw our parent's in a great relationship with God PLUS having the fear of God then that's a good thing but if all we do is in fear of going to Hell then that completely defeats the purpose of Christ. hmmm maybe i'm just rambling now so i'll shut up. :)
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Bryn Mawr;1063451 wrote: Well said :-6

The Church can no longer bully people into believing by using threats of eternal damnation, it has to work with people to build an understanding of what it means to be a Christian - lead them rather than drive them.You are right we can't. It was okay then but what good is a relationship completely built on fear.
Smoke signals ftw!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I prayed that I would "Go" on the monopoly board and collect $200.00 plus to land onFree Parking and collect what ever's in the middle of that board.:wah:
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Omni_Skittles;1064394 wrote: You are right we can't. It was okay then but what good is a relationship completely built on fear.

You've got it totally wrong. Accepting Christ Jesus REMOVES the fear of going to hell.

Return to “General Chit Chat”