How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ted

Post by Ted »

If God exists than leave it up to him who gets in and who does not.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Matter, Energy & Time are all interchangeable. They are related to each other.

In the beginning there was just Energy. There has always been Energy. The energy spontaneously reacted (as energy does all the time, without any required cause). That caused a chain reaction bringing Time & Matter into existence. That reaction is still happening, as has been proven by the observation of the expanding Universe. "God" is just an algebraic variable to represent anything that is not yet understood. This has always been the case. "God Of The Gaps". If you don't understand something, it's 'Supernatural' & God did it. Once that that something becomes understood & demonstrated to be perfectly natural & not supernatural then it suddenly becomes "That's how God intended it" - never that it simply happened because it's perfectly logical that it should happen.

Science works by observation of evidence.

Science then takes that evidence to form a hypothesis

Science examines further evidence. If the evidence supports the hypothesis it becomes a theory

Science demands that the theory be constantly challenged with more evidence.

If the evidence conflicts with the theory, then the theory is modified.

Religion relies on a story book that consistently contradicts itself as its only 'evidence'.

Religion cherry picks evidence that may come close to supporting its beliefs & denies the existence of the rest.

Religion gives credit for everything to something can't even prove exists.

Religion refuses to accept that it has anything wrong.

Faith, by definition, relies on unfounded belief, regardless of there being nothing to back it up.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522612 wrote: If God exists than leave it up to him who gets in and who does not.

I am leaving it up to Him. His criteria is clearly laid out in the Bible and I am merely repeating that message.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1522614 wrote: Matter, Energy & Time are all interchangeable. They are related to each other.

In the beginning there was just Energy. There has always been Energy. The energy spontaneously reacted (as energy does all the time, without any required cause). That caused a chain reaction bringing Time & Matter into existence. That reaction is still happening, as has been proven by the observation of the expanding Universe. "God" is just an algebraic variable to represent anything that is not yet understood. This has always been the case. "God Of The Gaps". If you don't understand something, it's 'Supernatural' & God did it. Once that that something becomes understood & demonstrated to be perfectly natural & not supernatural then it suddenly becomes "That's how God intended it" - never that it simply happened because it's perfectly logical that it should happen.

Science examines further evidence. If the evidence supports the hypothesis it becomes a theory

Science demands that the theory be constantly challenged with more evidence.

Religion relies on a story book that consistently contradicts itself as its only 'evidence'.

Religion cherry picks evidence that may come close to supporting its beliefs & denies the existence of the rest.

Faith, by definition, relies on unfounded belief, regardless of there being nothing to back it up.

Then you don't believe in evolution because there is no evidence of matter coming into existence on it's own or being self existent. There is no evidence of abiogenesis ever occuring. Creationists look at the same evidence as evolutionists yet they draw different conclusions based on it.

Yet evolutionists form hypothesis without evidence all of the time. Abiogenesis is one example. It's never been shown to happen ever. It's actually impossible.

Science examines further evidence. If thntly challenged with more evidence.

Then you should believe creationism because the evidence supports creationism, not evolution.

If by Religion, you mean Christianity that statement is false. It does not contradict it's self and it's not it's only evidence. It's backed up by the scientific evidence.

That's what evolution does because evolution is a religion.

But God has proven He exists many times over. Jesus Christ is the greatest proof of His existence.

If by Religion you mean Christianity, you are right. The Bible has nothing wrong, however, interestingly, Evolutionists won't admit that they are wrong about anything either even though they are dead wrong and shown they are wrong with evidence.

My Faith in God started from reaching out to Him not knowing Him or any evidence and God revealed Himself to me in many ways. His existence, His will for my life, the evidence that the Bible is true including scientific evidence, historical evidence, my own personal experience with God speaking to me and changing my life and miracles in my family and others. The more I study and try to prove Christianity wrong, the more it is proven right. The Lord is God.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

You probably won't believe this, but I just saw a swarm of pigs fly over my house.
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Fuzzy watch out for the dripings.
Ted

Post by Ted »

The Quran claims to be the word of God so do the Hindu writings,as do many othewrs. With some 23000 Christian sects???????????
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522623 wrote: You probably won't believe this, but I just saw a swarm of pigs fly over my house.

That's not supported by the evidence, but Jesus Christ is.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522626 wrote: The Quran claims to be the word of God so do the Hindu writings,as do many othewrs. With some 23000 Christian sects???????????

The Bible was written by the eyewitnesses to the events. The New Testament writers walked with Jesus directly and knew Him personally. Mohammad wasn't born until 400 hundred of years later. He was not an eyewitness and his writings contradict, not only the eyewitness testimony of the Bible, but also, the secular writings as well. mohammad was a fraud. He does not know more than those who were actually there.

Secondly, no other false prophet such as mohammad, hindu or any other claimed to be God in the flesh. None of them could perform miracles either. Jesus Christ claimed to be God and backed it up with miracles and fulfilling prophecy.

As far as there being 23000 Christian sects, you may be right, however, most of them agree on the foundational doctrines of salvation. That Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and that you must believe that He died and rose again, placing your faith in Him and His blood sacrifice for salvation. The ones that don't I wouldn't even consider Christian. The reason for different denominations many times has to do with small issues such as mode of Baptism, eg, Sprinkling, Pouring or Immersion for example. Baptists believe in immersion only because of what the Bible says about it. Whereas, Catholics may use all three at different times and in different ways, not merely placed on Scripture alone, but on tradition. That's the reason for most denominations, but there are other reasons. Some are outright cults like Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormans. They twist the Bible up using faulty translations that intentionally change the meanings of words and passages to fit their false doctrine.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1522634 wrote: That's not supported by the evidence, but Jesus Christ is.

It is true, pigs can fly. I've read it in a book and there were a lot of witnesses.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522636 wrote: It is true, pigs can fly. I've read it in a book and there were a lot of witnesses.

Show me the eyewitness testimonies, historical documents from the historians of the pigs day, prophecies predicted hundreds of years before the pigs flew that they would fly, the cultural changes as the result of the pigs flying, those willing to die to testify that the pigs did indeed fly, the changed lives as the result of the pigs flying and millions of people who say that the pig has performed other miracles both in their lives and the lives of others and I will believe it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

JERUSALEM 70 AD: NOT ONE STONE LEFT UPON ANOTHER

https://hope4israel.org/jerusalem-70-ad ... n-another/
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1522646 wrote: Show me the eyewitness testimonies, historical documents from the historians of the pigs day, prophecies predicted hundreds of years before the pigs flew that they would fly, the cultural changes as the result of the pigs flying, those willing to die to testify that the pigs did indeed fly, the changed lives as the result of the pigs flying and millions of people who say that the pig has performed other miracles both in their lives and the lives of others and I will believe it.

Can you prove that Fuzzy didn't see them? You have no more evidence for your case than he does for his.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1522621 wrote: Science works by observation of evidence.

Then you don't believe in evolution because there is no evidence of matter coming into existence on it's own or being self existent. There is no evidence of abiogenesis ever occuring. Creationists look at the same evidence as evolutionists yet they draw different conclusions based on it.

As usual a Creationist using an erroneous precept. Evolution has NEVER made any claims of anything EVER having come into existence on its own. Evolution is about one thing. Change. It is the process of change of something that already exists. Why is it that Creationists always insist on demonstrating their ignorance of what evolution is?

Science breaks things down to its simplest roots. Religion insists on elevating it to an infinitely high complexity. Whenever a simple solution is found they try to deny it by inventing further fantasies.

Science has a set process of observing evidence, forming theories based on the evidence, then constantly challenging itself to disprove the theories. Totally the opposite of Religion.

Yet evolutionists form hypothesis without evidence all of the time. Abiogenesis is one example. It's never been shown to happen ever. It's actually impossible.

All known life forms are made of exactly the same base elements & chemicals, starting with Amino Acids, which are found in abundance in space, particularly in comets, which combine to forn RNA, which then combines to form DNA. Far from being impossible it is a known fact, with evidence to support it. Furthermore, conditions have been created in lab tests to synthesise ways it could happen, and it has been observed to be so, so it is far from impossible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Science examines further evidence. If thntly challenged with more evidence.

Then you should believe creationism because the evidence supports creationism, not evolution.

You claim the evidence supports it. Where is this evidence? Bear in mind that a supposition is not evidence. A story book is not evidence. There is, on the other hand abundant evidence to support evolution.

If by Religion, you mean Christianity that statement is false. It does not contradict it's self and it's not it's only evidence. It's backed up by the scientific evidence.

By Religion I mean ALL Religion, but particularly the Judeo-Christian ones.

No contradictions? You really should try reading your Bible sometime.

https://www.atheists.org/activism/resou ... adictions/

That's what evolution does because evolution is a religion.

Ah, the age old argument of accusing the opposition of being as being exactly the same as itself, when the evidence proves the exact opposite. Evolution, as Science, seeks to be proved wrong. Religion has a closed mind to everything else.

But God has proven He exists many times over. Jesus Christ is the greatest proof of His existence.You can hardly use something that hasn't been proven to exist as evidence of something else existing. Furthermore, even if Jesus had existed as a person that is no proof of the existence of an imaginary deity. It would just prove that someone of that name existed.

If by Religion you mean Christianity, you are right. The Bible has nothing wrong, however, interestingly, Evolutionists won't admit that they are wrong about anything either even though they are dead wrong and shown they are wrong with evidence. You have proven my point & have at least accepted that Religion is close minded. However, if you look at the history of Evolutionism you will find that the theories have changed greatly since its first concept by Darwin. As more & more evidence comes to light certain points have been discredited & have been modified accordingly. As Scientists Evolutionists welcome being proved wrong in this way as it leads ever closer to the real truth. Religion, on the other hand, hates evidence almost as much as it hates being questioned.

My Faith in God started from reaching out to Him not knowing Him or any evidence and God revealed Himself to me in many ways. His existence, His will for my life, the evidence that the Bible is true including scientific evidence, historical evidence, my own personal experience with God speaking to me and changing my life and miracles in my family and others. The more I study and try to prove Christianity wrong, the more it is proven right. The Lord is God.Which supports everything I just said. You looked for a belief. You had already formed your belief & were looking for ways to further substantiate your act of self-hypnosis. It is a generally accepted truth that is someone wants to believe in something strongly enough then they will believe in it, regardless of how irrational it may be or how much evidence there is to the contrary. After all, how else would the Flat Earth Society exist - or are you a member of their Global Membership as well?
Ted

Post by Ted »

I accept the reality of God and the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth. I accept the reality of evolution. That being said I am a Christian. God if He/She/It exists has given the human race the skill to work things out in his mind. When you deny evolution you are denying the God you worship.
Ted

Post by Ted »

There are many scientists today who accept the reality of God and have no concern about their beliefs. Of course there are many who deny and spiritual reality. Maybe we are all wrong.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

LarsMac calls him Bob, but I reckon his name must be George.

Just listen to this.

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522669 wrote: LarsMac calls him Bob, but I reckon his name must be George.

Just listen to this.

My real name isn't anything close to Bob or George but thanks for playing.
penak

Post by penak »

Yes. I always pray for me and my family
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

penak;1522675 wrote: Yes. I always pray for me and my family

Pray what? Are you saying that you always pray for salvation for you and your family?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1522673 wrote: My real name isn't anything close to Bob or George but thanks for playing.

Alright George, have it your way.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

One thing's for sure (as far as I'm aware) we don't have a single poster in here who has died, been buried / cremated, gone to Heaven, and then come back to post about their experiences. The nearest there is to anything like that have been 'NEAR' Death Experiences. It seems to be that the Religious nutjobs seem to have a precise belief of what it is supposed to be like in a Heaven without there being any direct indication from any witnesses.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

If they had proof they wouldn't have to take it on faith.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Midrash is a tool that has been used by many around the world.

xfrod did Jesus really say that. Most words attributed to Jesus were put there by the evangelists. That makes a mockery of who Jesus wass.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522677 wrote: Alright George, have it your way.

Since it won't let me post emoticons here, I will copy the link to it for you:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/image ... tarist.gif
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522697 wrote: Midrash is a tool that has been used by many around the world.

xfrod did Jesus really say that. Most words attributed to Jesus were put there by the evangelists. That makes a mockery of who Jesus wass.

You just won't let go of that Midrash hogwash even though I showed you over and over how it didn't even come about until 200 years after the Bible was completed. SMH whatever.

The words attributed to Jesus were put there by the eyewitnesses, His disciples who walked with Him and knew Him personally.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1522708 wrote:

The words attributed to Jesus were put there by the eyewitnesses, His disciples who walked with Him and knew Him personally.

In other words, a bunch of crooks and liars.
Ted

Post by Ted »

xfrod that is pure nonsense. Checking into the faith of Judaism will show that midras came earlier than that. But I will leave that to you. d
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

How to get to heaven when you die. ........................... well I would think that one just opened the door and climbed the stairs ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522709 wrote: In other words, a bunch of crooks and liars.

Crooks and liars who were willing to give their lives for a known lie? I think not. Some men might die for a lie, but no man would die for a known lie. Had Christ not truly risen from the dead, they would have known it and would not have allowed themselves to be killed for a lie like they did.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522714 wrote: xfrod that is pure nonsense. Checking into the faith of Judaism will show that midras came earlier than that. But I will leave that to you. d

I have shown you where you are wrong. You are desperately trying to rationalize away what the Bible actually says so that you don't have to obey God's word.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Xfrod That is your opinion.
Ted

Post by Ted »

xfrod it is people like you that have given Christianity a bad name. I was raised in a church like yours and found it to be evil.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522740 wrote: xfrod it is people like you that have given Christianity a bad name. I was raised in a church like yours and found it to be evil.

Truth is not evil, lies are evil and what you believe is a lie. So, giving a truthful, rational reason is now evil? Is that your comeback? The truth is that Liberal Theology is evil because it leads people astray. Ear tickling, feel good theology is evil because it leads people astray. Jesus warned against it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522740 wrote: xfrod it is people like you that have given Christianity a bad name. I was raised in a church like yours and found it to be evil.

What is it exactly that you find evil about what I believe?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The world has gone insane:

Christian fined $55,000 for calling trans politician 'biological male'

https://www.wnd.com/2019/03/christian-f ... ical-male/
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

In order to indoctrinate their followers and secure obedience, religions frequently tear people down,

creating an emptiness that must be filled with Jesus, Allah or any other deity.

People are told that they are inherently bad or sinful and that the only way to become good is by giving over control of their lives to faith.

As there is no evidence that any of that is true, religion, in effect, is creating an imaginary problem

simply so that it can sell an imaginary solution.
Ted

Post by Ted »

xfrod do some research.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1522764 wrote: In order to indoctrinate their followers and secure obedience, religions frequently tear people down,

creating an emptiness that must be filled with Jesus, Allah or any other deity.

People are told that they are inherently bad or sinful and that the only way to become good is by giving over control of their lives to faith.

As there is no evidence that any of that is true, religion, in effect, is creating an imaginary problem

simply so that it can sell an imaginary solution.

I don't follow religions, I follow Christ and His Word. I would agree that many religions do these things in order to control. It's not about a religion anyway. It's about a real relationship with Jesus Christ where you feel His presence with you and He directs your life after you give your life to Him and accept His sacrifice for your sins. Jesus is the truth and His Word is true. Sin is a real thing. Look around all of the evil in the world, it is the result of sin. Sin and evil are the cause of the pain in this world. Jesus has spoken to me and shown me many things. My relationship with Him is just as real as my relationship with anyone else.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522770 wrote: xfrod do some research.

My research leads me back to Fundamental Christianity being the solution to the world's problems.
Ted

Post by Ted »

xfrod my faith trust in God. The God manifest in one Jesus of Nazareth. I trust this God so I do not need a contract like the Bible as my trust is in God. We are told in John 14 that God will be delivering new things as we are ready to hear them. Obviously don.t have that kind of trust.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Some cholers believe it is a faith based on fear. They are in fear of death and want to live forever.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522782 wrote: xfrod my faith trust in God. The God manifest in one Jesus of Nazareth. I trust this God so I do not need a contract like the Bible as my trust is in God. We are told in John 14 that God will be delivering new things as we are ready to hear them. Obviously don.t have that kind of trust.

If you trust God, then you should believe His Word, the Bible. Jesus Himself used the Bible to prove His points and expected us to believe His Word. The Word of God (The Bible) tells us what God expects from us for salvation. It's by placing your Faith in Christ alone and His blood Sacrifice, believing in your heart that He died and rose again for your sins, giving your life to Him.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522784 wrote: Some cholers believe it is a faith based on fear. They are in fear of death and want to live forever.

You are talking to people who are leading you astray. These people whom you are talking to obviously don't know the Bible. Fundamental Christians believe what the Bible says.

Let's suppose you were making a cake and the directions told you to add 1 tsp of salt to the mix. Should you add 1 cup of salt instead and then say that that is your interpretation of what it meant? Or should you follow the actual directions and what it actually says? All Fundamental Christians do is follow what the Bible actually says to do unless it specifies otherwise. There are times when the Bible uses symbolism, but it's pretty clear when it does.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1522782 wrote: xfrod my faith trust in God. The God manifest in one Jesus of Nazareth. I trust this God so I do not need a contract like the Bible as my trust is in God. We are told in John 14 that God will be delivering new things as we are ready to hear them. Obviously don.t have that kind of trust.

Let's put it this way. If you don't really believe what the Bible actually says, what is your source for believing in Jesus Christ?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Are you going to answer the question?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

xfrodobagginsx;1522815 wrote: Let's put it this way. If you don't really believe what the Bible actually says, what is your source for believing in Jesus Christ?

Ted, I ask you again...
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, Bob, YOU don't really seem to believe what the Bile says. You only seem to believe a sub-set of what you have been told that the Bible says.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1522859 wrote: Well, Bob, YOU don't really seem to believe what the Bile says. You only seem to believe a sub-set of what you have been told that the Bible says.

And what part of the Bible do you feel that I am ignoring?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1522868 wrote: And what part of the Bible do you feel that I am ignoring?

Well George, if you need to ask then you have conveniently ignored all the gory stuff in your favorite book. Rape, Lust, Murder, Incest, Kidnaping, Adultery,etc etc.

Don’t bother trying to water down all that nasty stuff. It won’t wash, pardon the pun, with afheists.

Return to “General Chit Chat”