How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507636 wrote: How do you tempt someone who doesn't exist?

You don't believe that He exists, but those who do believe God believe He exists and care about what God would have us to do. Also, I assure you that God does exist. It's too bad that you can't see that.
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

Fuzzy;1507636 wrote: How do you tempt someone who doesn't exist?

Why don't you believe God exists?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Fisher Amen;1507658 wrote: Why don't you believe God exists?

Simply because it doesn't make sense to me. Thousands of gods have been invented in the past. There's no proof for any of them.

Please don't quote the bible either. It won't prove a thing.
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507659 wrote: Simply because it doesn't make sense to me. Thousands of gods have been invented in the past. There's no proof for any of them.

How do you believe we got here?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507662 wrote: How do you believe we got here?

We typed www.forumgarden.com
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

Fuzzy;1507659 wrote: Simply because it doesn't make sense to me. Thousands of gods have been invented in the past. There's no proof for any of them.

There is a lot of evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. Do you beliee that? If no, why don't you?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Fisher Amen;1507691 wrote: There is a lot of evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. Do you beliee that? If no, why don't you?

I don't because it' is too obvious that the Jesus stories are a fabrication.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507674 wrote: We typed www.forumgarden.com

I mean how do you believe that Man and the Universe came into existence?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507750 wrote: I mean how do you believe that Man and the Universe came into existence?

I believe that nobody knows the correct answer to that question.

Who do you believe created the god you believe in?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507751 wrote: I believe that nobody knows the correct answer to that question.

Who do you believe created the god you believe in?

I believe that God is self existent and has power over the laws of the Universe. I believe that, as the laws of conservation of energy and thermodynamics, matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed, therefore, it is impossible for matter and energy to exist. I believe that God created the matter and energy from nothing as the Bible states and that my position is much more logical given those facts. So, my question to you is, how do you believe that the matter and energy came into existence considering the scientific laws say that it's impossible for them to even exist in the first place?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507763 wrote: I believe that God is self existent and has power over the laws of the Universe. I believe that, as the laws of conservation of energy and thermodynamics, matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed, therefore, it is impossible for matter and energy to exist. I believe that God created the matter and energy from nothing as the Bible states and that my position is much more logical given those facts. So, my question to you is, how do you believe that the matter and energy came into existence considering the scientific laws say that it's impossible for them to even exist in the first place?

Strange logic there old mate. If your god is self existent then why can't matter and energy be self existent?

Also, first you say matter and energy can't be created and immediately claim that a god created both.

As to your question, I've already told you that I believe that nobody knows for sure how these things were created. That being the reason for making up that a god must have done all that. Not logical and not good enough for me.

Beats me, how grown ups can still believe in fairy tales.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507764 wrote: Strange logic there old mate. If your god is self existent then why can't matter and energy be self existent?

Also, first you say matter and energy can't be created and immediately claim that a god created both.

As to your question, I've already told you that I believe that nobody knows for sure how these things were created. That being the reason for making up that a god must have done all that. Not logical and not good enough for me.

Beats me, how grown ups can still believe in fairy tales.

Matter cannot be self existent because it breaks scientific law. You are left with 2 choices, God created it or it has always been. The fact that it cannot create it's self points to God, along with all of the other evidence for God's existence, miracles, the Bible, eyewitnesses who walked with Jesus and saw His miracles, the prophecies of the Bible which were fulfilled in Jesus Christ, my own personal relationship with God and His miracles in my family that I know about, Him talking with me in multiple ways which have directed my life, many times contrary to my own logic, the complexity or life and irreducible complexity of various aspects of living creatures and many, many more reasons to believe that God does in fact exist. The evidence is on my side, not yours.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Evolutionists cannot prove that:

1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.

2. Planets and stars formed from space dust.

3. Matter created life by itself.

4. Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.

5. Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).

6. How did an a sexual reproducing organism evolve into 2 sexes?

7. How did a 3 chamber heart evolve into a 4 chamber heart?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Yes alright. Your lack of logic has me even more convinced that god, Jesus and religion is all just a hoax.

Time to move on.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507780 wrote: Yes alright. Your lack of logic has me even more convinced that god, Jesus and religion is all just a hoax.

Time to move on.

Ok I guess that means that you can't handle the truth.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507780 wrote: Yes alright. Your lack of logic has me even more convinced that god, Jesus and religion is all just a hoax.

Time to move on.

So, then you can't explain those things so you write it off as a lack of logic. I see. So anytime you can't explain something, you are going to call it a lack of logic. Nice way to try and wiggle out of it.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1507767 wrote: Evolutionists cannot prove that:

1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.

As I have told Pahu many times, that very statement clearly demonstrates a lack of understanding of what Evolution actually is. By definition Evolution refers to change, not creation. In order for something to change it has to exist in the first place. How it came into existence is neither here nor there & has nothing to do with Evolution.

2. Planets and stars formed from space dust.
Just what do you consider to be 'dust'? What are planets made of? Elements / Atoms which themselves form into molecules, etc. Are you trying to say that planets & suns are not made of molecules? No doubt you think that water has to be divinely created, while it is the simplest of molecules to make. 2 parts of Hydrogen & 1 of Oxygen. Introduce a spark. POP!! I have created the staff of life. All matter has mass. All mass has gravity. Gravity attracts mass. Mass collides & increases its combined mass, thus increasing its gravity & ability to attract additional mass.

3. Matter created life by itself.
Another false premise. All life is made of matter. It's just various combinations of matter.

4. Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.
Hardly something that is 'learned'.

5. Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).
Each 'major' change here is a snapshot of thousands of other much more minor changes. At each stage predictions have been made that there should have been some kind of species that fall within certain parameters. Most of these predictions have not only been subsequently been discovered, but in hte predicted locations.

6. How did an a sexual reproducing organism evolve into 2 sexes?
There are still species that reproduce both sexually AND asexually. It's not a sudden change.

7. How did a 3 chamber heart evolve into a 4 chamber heart?
Cell division. A simple mutation. If it provides an advantage for survival its genes get passed on to the next generation. That is the nature of evolution.

I find it curious that Creationists argue that a single cell life form cannot change into a multi celled life form, but accept that they, themselves started from a single cell. Embryos in of all life forms look very much the same. They all go through the same development process, including growing gills & tails.

Creationists also argue that nothing can come from nothing, but argue that their own God came from nothing / was self created. They also claim that life cannot come of lifeless matter, yet their Bible states that their God made Adam out of a handful of dirt. They claim that evolutions cannot be duplicated in the laboratory (like it's possible to observe a few million years in a laboratory), and therefore claim that this proves science to be wrong, but not once have they ever been able to reproduce a God or a miraculous creation in a lab either.

Creationists will also argue that there is no such thing as Free Will, as they claim that everything is the result of God's Will, yet they also say that one should not tempt God. Well, if the former is true, then God is only tempting himself. Basically, they just want to have their cake & eat it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

The scientists who believe in the 'Big Bang Theory' are evolutionists. That's their explanation of how we got here, but it doesn't explain how the matter got here.

There are lots of things that make evolution impossible, irreducible complexity is a real thing. The human eye is irreducibly complex.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507790 wrote: Nice way to try and wiggle out of it.

You're being silly. I have no need to wiggle out of anything. There is just no logic in what you believe.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507865 wrote: You're being silly. I have no need to wiggle out of anything. There is just no logic in what you believe.

You've got it backward. There is no logic in what you believe. It's interesting that you write off any evidence that you don't like as 'not evidence'.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

To those who haven't yet please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Evolutionist [ev-uh-loo-shuh-nist or, esp. British, ee-vuh-]

noun

1. a person who believes in or supports a theory of evolution, especially in biology.

2. a person who supports a policy of gradual growth or development rather than sudden change or expansion.

adjective, Also, evolutionistic

3. of or relating to evolution or evolutionists.

4. believing in or supporting a theory of evolution, especially in biology.

Note the common reference to "Biology"

I think you are confusing yourself with Cosmologists

Cosmology [koz-mol-uh-jee]

noun

1. the branch of philosophy dealing with the origin and general structure of the universe, with its parts, elements, and laws, and especially with such of its characteristics as space, time, causality, and freedom.

2. the branch of astronomy that deals with the general structure and evolution of the universe.

Note the only reference to Evolution there is in the Evolution of the Universe. This can be accepted as so because Evolution refers to change. The Evolution of the Universe accepts that the Universe already exists & therefore only relates to its changing. You will not find any definition of Evolution in any official reference text (ie non Creationist published) which refers to Evolution as having anything to do with Creation of the Universe by any means. Indeed, there are plenty of Evolutionists who aren't convinced about the Big Bang, although most of them will admit that it is the most logical explanation, given the evidence. However, that is the key point of the difference between Science & Superstition. Science relies on evidence. Superstition relies on fantasy, disregarding evidence as a growing inconveience. Scientists leave an open mind that their interpretations may be flawed, and are prepared to change their outlook accordingly as & when new evidence comes to light. Superstition refuses to change its view despite any amount of evidence. They see physical evidence as "Alternative Facts" & Word of Mouth stories which have gone through thousands of years of Chinese Whispers of translations, retranslations with embellishments, interpretations & re-interpretations as absolute fact. A simple demonstration would be to take a short piece of text - even from the Bible if you like & put it through Google Translate a few times. Before long it will be totally unrecogniseable - and that's just from the translation side of things.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1507897 wrote: Note the common reference to "Biology"

I think you are confusing yourself with Cosmologists

Note the only reference to Evolution there is in the Evolution of the Universe. This can be accepted as so because Evolution refers to change. The Evolution of the Universe accepts that the Universe already exists & therefore only relates to its changing. You will not find any definition of Evolution in any official reference text (ie non Creationist published) which refers to Evolution as having anything to do with Creation of the Universe by any means. Indeed, there are plenty of Evolutionists who aren't convinced about the Big Bang, although most of them will admit that it is the most logical explanation, given the evidence. However, that is the key point of the difference between Science & Superstition. Science relies on evidence. Superstition relies on fantasy, disregarding evidence as a growing inconveience. Scientists leave an open mind that their interpretations may be flawed, and are prepared to change their outlook accordingly as & when new evidence comes to light. Superstition refuses to change its view despite any amount of evidence. They see physical evidence as "Alternative Facts" & Word of Mouth stories which have gone through thousands of years of Chinese Whispers of translations, retranslations with embellishments, interpretations & re-interpretations as absolute fact. A simple demonstration would be to take a short piece of text - even from the Bible if you like & put it through Google Translate a few times. Before long it will be totally unrecogniseable - and that's just from the translation side of things.

Science does rely on evidence. Evolutionists don't always have evidence to back up their claims. Evolution is faith based, religious in nature. Interpretation is key here. Both evolutionists and creation scientists look at the same evidence, yet they draw different conclusions based on that same evidence. The Big bang being a logical explanation doesn't explain where the exploding matter and energy came from. It's not logical to assume that it always was or that it created it's self. That assumption goes against scientific law and is not based on Science.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Barman;1059470 wrote: Pah, i expect you will be long gone by then.;)

Is this in reference to Pahu?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1507976 wrote: Is this in reference to Pahu?

Answering posts from 2008 now?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1507982 wrote: Answering posts from 2008 now?

How do you know what year it's from? Secondly, that doesn't answer my question now does it?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508005 wrote: How do you know what year it's from?

It wasn't hard to find out. Seems I know a lot more than you do, since all your wisdom comes from an old book.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508030 wrote: It wasn't hard to find out. Seems I know a lot more than you do, since all your wisdom comes from an old book.

No, you don't know as much as you think you do. Yes that old book has more wisdom than this world will ever know without it. It's an ancient book, inspired by God Himself. In whom, we will all stand before, even if we don't believe that now.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1506578 wrote: xfrod. I disagree they used the kingdom of heaven because they did not like to pronounce the name of "God" They often used the term Adonaih in place of "God" One kingdom only.

The word they used in the NT was Theos:

2316. yeov theos, theh'-os

Search for 2316 in KJV

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward).
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

Fuzzy;1508030 wrote: It wasn't hard to find out. Seems I know a lot more than you do, since all your wisdom comes from an old book.

Why do you pick at him like that. He is entitled to his beliefs.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANONIZED (CAME TO BE):

WHOLE VIDEO:

Where Did the New Testament Come From? - Popular Christian Videos
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Funny how Creationists are constantly referring to certain errors in interpretations of evidence by Darwin, but tend to ignore the fact that Evolutionists accept this & move on to amend the interpretations as more & more evidence comes to light (as is the way of science - science is happy to be proved wrong). Scientists accept that Origin of the Species is an old & outdated reference text & has errors due to its being outdated & not as informed as we now are. However, the Bible is much, much older & written by people who were much less informed. How can you not accept that this, too, is full of errors in interpretation?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Fisher Amen;1508107 wrote: Why do you pick at him like that. He is entitled to his beliefs.

I'm not so sure anyone is entitled to spread lies.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1508129 wrote: Funny how Creationists are constantly referring to certain errors in interpretations of evidence by Darwin, but tend to ignore the fact that Evolutionists accept this & move on to amend the interpretations as more & more evidence comes to light (as is the way of science - science is happy to be proved wrong). Scientists accept that Origin of the Species is an old & outdated reference text & has errors due to its being outdated & not as informed as we now are. However, the Bible is much, much older & written by people who were much less informed. How can you not accept that this, too, is full of errors in interpretation?

Evolutionary Scientists still accept the origin of species because they have no better explanation for how we got here without a God. Creation Scientists do not. So to say that "Scientists accept the origin of species" is only half true. Interestingly, if these scientists have the end all of what's true, why do they change their views all of the time? Do you realize that Creation Scientists are scientists too? They look at the same evidence as Evolutionists, yet they draw different conclusions based on that same evidence.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508149 wrote: I'm not so sure anyone is entitled to spread lies.

Then stop spreading them.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Archaeologists Announce Discovery Of A 3,700 Year-Old Pyramid In Egypt | IFLScience
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE OLD TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANNONIZED (CAME TO BE)

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Evidence For Creationism:

In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood - Table of Contents
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

FourPart;1508129 wrote: Funny how Creationists are constantly referring to certain errors in interpretations of evidence by Darwin, but tend to ignore the fact that Evolutionists accept this & move on to amend the interpretations as more & more evidence comes to light (as is the way of science - science is happy to be proved wrong). Scientists accept that Origin of the Species is an old & outdated reference text & has errors due to its being outdated & not as informed as we now are. However, the Bible is much, much older & written by people who were much less informed. How can you not accept that this, too, is full of errors in interpretation?

So then why is it that evolutionists are unwilling to look at any evidence that contradicts their beliefs? If they were real scientists they would be willing to explore and consider evidence that doesn't agree with them. They do not.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Creationists don't have any real evidence. They only have their own made up evidence. If any real evidence existed about creation, scientists would have found it by now, and we would know about it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508271 wrote: Creationists don't have any real evidence. They only have their own made up evidence. If any real evidence existed about creation, scientists would have found it by now, and we would know about it.

Lie. That's the issue with people who think like you. They won't even consider the evidence for what it is. Evidence. Scientists HAVE found it already. It's not presented because it contradicts what the evolutionists would like for everyone to believe. It's that simple. Creationist can explain the actual geological evidence. It's ok if you want to disagree with their conclusions based on that evidence, but it's not ok for you to dismiss the evidence as "Not evidence"
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fisher Amen;1508269 wrote: So then why is it that evolutionists are unwilling to look at any evidence that contradicts their beliefs? If they were real scientists they would be willing to explore and consider evidence that doesn't agree with them. They do not.

Because they are closed minded and refuse to look at anything that might prove them wrong. They won't even consider the possibility that they are wrong. It scares them to death to think that there may actually be a God that they might have to answer to some day.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Christianity in a Nutshell

The popular belief that a celestial Jewish baby who is also his father, born from a virgin mother, died for three days so that he could ascend to heaven on a cloud. Then make you live forever only if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your lord and saviour. So he can remove an evil force from your spiritual being that is present in all humanity. This evil force was caused by an immoral woman, who was made from a man's rib. She was hoodwinked by a talking snake possessed by a malicious angel to secretly eat a forbidden fruit from a magical tree.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508318 wrote: Christianity in a Nutshell

The popular belief that a celestial Jewish baby who is also his father, born from a virgin mother, died for three days so that he could ascend to heaven on a cloud. Then make you live forever only if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically tell him you accept him as your lord and saviour. So he can remove an evil force from your spiritual being that is present in all humanity. This evil force was caused by an immoral woman, who was made from a man's rib. She was hoodwinked by a talking snake possessed by a malicious angel to secretly eat a forbidden fruit from a magical tree.

Wrong. He didn't die so that He could ascend to heaven on a cloud. He was predicted for thousands of years to come via the scriptures, He left His throne in heaven to come to this earth, live as a poor man and die for the sins of mankind, that we might place our faith in Him for the forgiveness of our sins. What He means by eating His flesh and blood is that we abide in Him. You need to confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for yours sins and place your faith in Him and what He did. The evil actually didn't come from Eve either, it came through Adam. Yes, satan possessed the snake and spoke through it to the women. satan has spoken to me also and has threatened and attacked me for my faith. You also forgot about the countless miracles that Jesus Christ performed in front of thousands of people who saw them and many wrote of them. They also became followers of His as a result.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

This one is for 90 Minutes in heaven with Don Piper. Click on one of the ones that are about an hour long. That way you can get the full story. He is a southern Baptist preacher:

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

This man came to my Church. His story is very credible and is backed up by the Doctors and medical professionals. How do you explain it other than a true miracle from God?
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

xfrodobagginsx;1508121 wrote: THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANONIZED (CAME TO BE):

WHOLE VIDEO:

Where Did the New Testament Come From? - Popular Christian Videos

This video is very informative. Thank you for sharing.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1508285 wrote: Lie. That's the issue with people who think like you. They won't even consider the evidence for what it is. Evidence. Scientists HAVE found it already. It's not presented because it contradicts what the evolutionists would like for everyone to believe. It's that simple. Creationist can explain the actual geological evidence. It's ok if you want to disagree with their conclusions based on that evidence, but it's not ok for you to dismiss the evidence as "Not evidence"

Just what is this "Evidence" that you claim exists & what is it supposed to prove?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508388 wrote: This man came to my Church. His story is very credible and is backed up by the Doctors and medical professionals. How do you explain it other than a true miracle from God?

If religion was clear, it would have fewer attractions for the ignorant. They need obscurity, mysteries, fables, miracles, incredible things, which keep their brains perpetually at work. Romances, idle stories, tales of ghosts and witches, have more charms for the vulgar than true narrations.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1508400 wrote: Just what is this "Evidence" that you claim exists & what is it supposed to prove?

I have been posting it but I would bet that you haven't been looking at it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”