How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1491890 wrote: There are a lot of folks who seem to trust Trump. God help America if he actually becomes president.

As much as I would like Ted Cruz over Trump, Trump would be a millions times better than Hillary or Bernie.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Donald Trump ADMITS He Identifies More With Liberals Than Republicans. Vote Ted Cruz He Has Proven Record Of Conservatism.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I think Donald Trump would be a disaster as president.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1492116 wrote: I think Donald Trump would be a disaster as president.

So do I.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

So do I. He would be too Liberal.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Man Testifies That Hell Is Real:
Ted

Post by Ted »

Lol
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1492234 wrote: Man Testifies That Hell Is Real:

Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Thank christ for utube videos, lol.

What do you think life (or death) in heaven is going to be like for you especially, exfrod?
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1492295 wrote: Thank christ for utube videos, lol.

What do you think life (or death) in heaven is going to be like for you especially, exfrod?

Actually, interestingly someone studied UFO abductions and testimonies and found that in every case where the name of Christ was invoked during an alien abduction, the abduction immediately stopped. This was not a religious study. It was an observation made by someone studying many different accounts of abductions.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1492324 wrote: Actually, interestingly someone studied UFO abductions and testimonies and found that in every case where the name of Christ was invoked during an alien abduction, the abduction immediately stopped. This was not a religious study. It was an observation made by someone studying many different accounts of abductions.
Most of those who claim to have been abducted by aliens are total Nutjobs. It's not surprising that a high number of them are also going to be Religious Nutjobs.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Isn't it amazing to read that someone said that someone did a study and came up with what happened to someone whilst being abducted by some imaginary someone?

xfrod, you really are grasping at straws to put a view, or a belief across.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1492328 wrote: Isn't it amazing to read that someone said that someone did a study and came up with what happened to someone whilst being abducted by some imaginary someone?

xfrod, you really are grasping at straws to put a view, or a belief across.

Actually, I do believe that many of the alien abduction stories are real experiences, but I don't believe that they are aliens from outer space. I believe that they are demonic creatures. I offered that information as evidence to support my assertion. I have also had my own experiences with UFOs which left physical marks on me and I have concluded that they are certainly demonic in nature, not aliens from outer space.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1492337 wrote: Actually, I do believe that many of the alien abduction stories are real experiences, but I don't believe that they are aliens from outer space. I believe that they are demonic creatures. I offered that information as evidence to support my assertion. I have also had my own experiences with UFOs which left physical marks on me and I have concluded that they are certainly demonic in nature, not aliens from outer space.

Let me guess - physical marks from where you were anally probed?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Lol
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Don't laugh, they're probably from Uranus. Oops, I mean his anus.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Hemorrhoids?

Hey I've had a UFO experience but no abduction I think.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Ted;1492396 wrote: Hemorrhoids?

Hey I've had a UFO experience but no abduction I think.
Klingons?
Ted

Post by Ted »

No not clingons. No creatures that I could see LOL But it was interesting. I could have handled being beamed up to the ship if they beamed me back in the same condition.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Re this thread. Take bus # 35. LOL
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Ted;1492474 wrote: Re this thread. Take bus # 35. LOL

Will it go directly or are there stops along the way?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Fuzzy;1492475 wrote: Will it go directly or are there stops along the way?
Change at the Terminus.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

I'm really glad I'm not afraid of heights. Just in case I have to go to heaven one day.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Those in heaven don't worry about heights. They can't die.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1492547 wrote: Those in heaven don't worry about heights. They can't die.
Perpetual life sounds more like hell to me. Death is the one thing I look forward to - an end to everything. I certainly don't want an eternity of having to live in some afterlife that's getting more & more overpopulated all the time. Then what happens when the Sun dies, and the Earth ceases to exist, and everything gets drawn into a Black Hole? These event are not fantasies - they are certainties. Heaven & Hell are simply Man-Made ideals in an attempt to hide from their innate fear of Death.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1492547 wrote: Those in heaven don't worry about heights. They can't die.

How do you know they don't worry? Have you been there or met someone who's been there, or are you making things up again?
John Cary

Post by John Cary »

Heaven is expected to all I think after death. But according to the rules and guidelines of religion need to do accordingly. Need to do good works for all life until death. And I think those are helpful to get the heaven.
John Cary

Post by John Cary »

Size isn't the big factor there.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Half way there you have to switch to bus 21. Forgot that part. I wonder how many I sent the wrong way.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Hey I found my English keyboard again. LOL
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Ted;1492679 wrote: Hey I found my English keyboard again. LOL

Congratulations Ted. Where did you find it?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Fuzzy;1492691 wrote: Congratulations Ted. Where did you find it?
It was hiding underneath the 'Any' key.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Where is this heaven?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1492724 wrote: Where is this heaven?

It is a place that you cannot attain without Jesus Christ. It is not a place where you can go to in this fleshly body. It is a Spiritual place, yet just as real as the physical.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The question was not what it is or where it isn't. It was where IS it.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

FourPart;1492843 wrote: The question was not what it is or where it isn't. It was where IS it.

I don't think that kind of heaven actually exists. It was invented, made up, thousands of years ago in order to gain control over the masses which were afraid of dying. It still works today to some degree with certain people.
Silas Mackey

Post by Silas Mackey »

Ted;1492724 wrote: Where is this heaven?

A place that is depend on good and bad. If you do good then heaven is yours otherwise not.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Silas Mackey;1492860 wrote: A place that is depend on good and bad. If you do good then heaven is yours otherwise not.

Once again, the question was not "What is heaven".
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Silas Mackey;1492860 wrote: A place that is depend on good and bad. If you do good then heaven is yours otherwise not.

Actually, that's not true. The Bible says that we are already sinners (bad) and can't make up for the bad things we have done to get to heaven, so Jesus came to die in our place to take our punishment so that if we believe in Him and that He died and rose from the dead, we will go to heaven. Read this first post.
Silas Mackey

Post by Silas Mackey »

xfrodobagginsx;1492967 wrote: Actually, that's not true. The Bible says that we are already sinners (bad) and can't make up for the bad things we have done to get to heaven, so Jesus came to die in our place to take our punishment so that if we believe in Him and that He died and rose from the dead, we will go to heaven. Read this first post.

Okey I made a research and will let you know. However, thanks for your great reply.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1492967 wrote: Actually, that's not true. The Bible says that we are already sinners (bad) and can't make up for the bad things we have done to get to heaven, so Jesus came to die in our place to take our punishment so that if we believe in Him and that He died and rose from the dead, we will go to heaven. Read this first post.
That is a fundamental flaw in the Bible. Even in that claim it is contradictory. First it says it can't be done, then it says how it can be done.

White is worn by Priests at a child's funeral as it signifies purity. If that child is born of sin, and has not yet grown to accept the Religion, then how can it be considered as pure. Furthermore, if that child has not come to accept the Church, then surely the parents must be told that their child has surely gone to Hell.

Religion is inherently evil. It tries to blackmail the gullible with threats of eternal torture in an afterlife that is purely imaginary.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

FourPart;1492984 wrote: Religion is inherently evil. It tries to blackmail the gullible with threats of eternal torture in an afterlife that is purely imaginary.

While this is true, I think that natural ethics aren't sufficient for an efficient and pleasant society.

There should be some additional ethics education. Perhaps in schools.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bored_Wombat;1492987 wrote: While this is true, I think that natural ethics aren't sufficient for an efficient and pleasant society.

There should be some additional ethics education. Perhaps in schools.

Ethics are fine. Ethics change as society changes. Religious Dogma is about the Church having power over the minions.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

Ethics do changes as society changes, and the prescribed ethics of religion date terribly.

So certainly you want a society where ethics are intellectually considered and developed.

But you want members of society to have some training in ethics too. To consider them, and to be reminded of them.

Empathy and guilt get you some of the way.

But greed and resentment also drive unethical behaviour.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bored_Wombat;1492993 wrote: Ethics do changes as society changes, and the prescribed ethics of religion date terribly.

So certainly you want a society where ethics are intellectually considered and developed.

But you want members of society to have some training in ethics too. To consider them, and to be reminded of them.

Empathy and guilt get you some of the way.

But greed and resentment also drive unethical behaviour.

Exactly - but the Church remains seated in it's position of control, laying down what is just & what is not, with the threat of eternal damnation if you do not do as they say. That is not ethical.

Slavery was once considered ethical, and is even supported in the Bible. In more recent years it has been deemed unethical. Homosexuality was once considered unethical - and is still considered a mortal sin by the Church, yet we now have same sex marriages.

Ethics change, according to the situation. Dogma is set in stone.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

Agreed.

But I think that you want something in place of the Churches, where you discuss ethics, or engage in charitable works with people who have similar ethical makeup as yourself.

Or just get together and have a community that supports eachother.

There's things that are good about a church, once you get rid of God. It's a matter of throwing out the baby Jesus, and keeping the bathwater.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

There you have it. The Church without the underlying Religion concept is fine. It then becomes a Community Centre. Get rid of God, the Baby Jesus AND the Bathwater.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

I think you still want the bathwater ... if that is the discussion of ethics, the charitable works, and ... maybe some music. Maybe some community building stuff: The propagation of social norms and ethics.

I'm not suggesting everyone should have the same social norms, but I think we want to clump into atheist communities the way that religious people clump into religious ones. I'm also not saying that you should be required to join an ethics community. I just think there will be a social demand for them once we get rid of the religion.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Community is very important to most. It is within community that we gain friends and support. I can't speak for all Christian communities but I can for mine. We support foster Children, run a soup kitchen, visit those who cannot get out, support refugees, deliver food where it is needed etc. We do that because it is the right thing to do and it does follow in the steps of one Jesus of Nazareth. Community for most is important whether religious or non-religious. As far as heaven is concerned the Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of heaven should occur right here on earth. It is not in some distant place in the sky. The God in the sky has disappeared.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

Yeah, those are the things it would be good to preserve.

While leaving out the sexism, homophobia, shame, externalization of blame, and prescribed ethics that has only black and white.

The supporting the moving of pedophiles around Africa, the concealing of their activities, the funding the lawyers that defend them, the encouraging people to spread HIV, the normalizing magical thinking, and the anti-science and knowledge stance are important things to leave behind that occur less universally in churches.

There must be a way to take the good.

An old religious studies lecturer who was about in my university when I was there wrote a book "Christianity without God". It's an interesting idea, because the Church already has a lot of infrastructure that is slowly being converted to homes.

But maybe you want a clean break.

Return to “General Chit Chat”