The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

There are weird things aplenty in this world-and from beyond it?

" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Mmmmm.............. one or two of these are hilarious !

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Very amusing, G#Gill! I particularly enjoyed the attempted 'car theft'!:yh_rotfl
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Nature definitely has it's share of weird and wonderful creatures, does it not?

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Gawd I think some of those would frighten me to death, and what strange creatures there are in the world. Some I certainly would not want to handle like the people in the video seem to manage !
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

You speak for me too, G#Gill! The Colossal Squid is a prime example!! The beak on that could probably cut shipbuilders bolts....
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

That really is a weird and ghostly picture of that sad passenger ship, it does say somewhere in the video, the ship's name. You'd have thought that a salvage company would have long since removed it, but I expect the costs were too high, and wouldn't be worth the effort.
AnneBoleyn

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Could not watch 'extreme animals', I'm way too squeamish for that stuff.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

AnneBoleyn;1487576 wrote: Could not watch 'extreme animals', I'm way too squeamish for that stuff.

You wimp !!! :p Actually there are some quite comical creatures shown - one has got an old man's face !!! :yh_rotfl
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1487526 wrote:

Always sad to see a once lovely ship looking so forlorn. Maybe they should remove her to a breaker's, and re-use some of the considerable amount of metal, though you are probably correct about the cost.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here's a thought-provoking image of what definitely looks to be an ancient building, with regular outlines. It's almost certainly not a weather balloon, Venus, a flight of Geese, or 'rocks'!

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I think this is sooooo funny !!! Serves the impatient driver right :yh_rotfl (you'll need your sound on so you can hear his car horn !) :rolleyes:

If the video goes to a black picture and says 'error' try clicking the 'YouTube' button bottom right of picture !
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1487623 wrote: Here's a thought-provoking image of what definitely looks to be an ancient building, with regular outlines. It's almost certainly not a weather balloon, Venus, a flight of Geese, or 'rocks'!

Proof, once again, that some folks just have too much time on their hands.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1487633 wrote: Proof, once again, that some folks just have too much time on their hands.

If this picture was taken in Egypt, would it be more convincing? It's regular outlines indicate that this may be an artificial structure. I look forward to the day when respectable authorities 'come clean' about some of the remarkable discoveries made on Mars.

http://news.sciencemag.org/chemistry/20 ... -after-all

If life did indeed evolve on Mars first, then the possibility of a vanished Martian civilization isn't so far-fetched after all....

Complete with ancient structural, and possibly (if we look in the right places), artifacts/fossils.
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1487635 wrote: If this picture was taken in Egypt, would it be more convincing? It's regular outlines indicate that this may be an artificial structure. I look forward to the day when respectable authorities 'come clean' about some of the remarkable discoveries made on Mars.

Given the grainy nature of the picture, due to the distance from camera to object, you could make just about anything you want from it.

Me, I see a Bear next to a doghouse.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1487636 wrote: Given the grainy nature of the picture, due to the distance from camera to object, you could make just about anything you want from it.

I beg to differ, in this instance. Yes, it's not a 'pin-sharp' image, but it certainly isn't a bear next to a dog-house! It's considerably bigger than the general 'rock-scape' around it, and it's regular in outline. Maybe the thought of life on Mars is unsettling to some people, especially certain authorities who have been denying the possibility for decades. No 'authority' likes to be proved wrong!
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Did you see the photo that this actually came from?
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1487640 wrote: Did you see the photo that this actually came from?

I presume it would be one of Mars 'rovers', unless you know something I don't? ( I would never rule that out,BTW, especially in this age of 'photoshop'!)
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Yes indeed. it was from Rover. And why do you deny that it is a bear, while at the same time complaining that no one wants to admit there is life on Mars.

It's a bear, plain as day. and incontrovertible proof right there that life exists on Mars.

The doghouse, I'm not so sure about. I never seen a bear that could build a doghouse.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Just because somebody doesn't believe that a certain picture is of a bear, doesn't mean that they do not believe there is life on Mars, I would have thought !
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1487636 wrote: Given the grainy nature of the picture, due to the distance from camera to object, you could make just about anything you want from it.

`You only have to lay on your back and watch white clouds moving across a blue sky and let your imagination wander, it's amazing what you can find up there.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill;1487645 wrote: Just because somebody doesn't believe that a certain picture is of a bear, doesn't mean that they do not believe there is life on Mars, I would have thought !

Ah, but the bear proves it. You are a denier, as well, I see. What you got against my Bear, anyway?
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1487648 wrote: `You only have to lay on your back and watch white clouds moving across a blue sky and let your imagination wander, it's amazing what you can find up there.

I never have time to lollygag and gaze at those things in the sky. I have more pictures of Mars to review. Sure there are more bears than the one.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1487655 wrote: I never have time to lollygag and gaze at those things in the sky. I have more pictures of Mars to review. Sure there are more bears than the one.

"Lollygag" ?.........are you after Spot's crown ?
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Pretty wacky, 'lollygagging' bears on Mars....Little bears don't count, BTW!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Coincidence? If it is, It's a good 'un!

It's a bit bigger than your average bear.....
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1487629 wrote: I think this is sooooo funny !!! Serves the impatient driver right :yh_rotfl (you'll need your sound on so you can hear his car horn !) :rolleyes:

If the video goes to a black picture and says 'error' try clicking the 'YouTube' button bottom right of picture !

Classic!!:wah: serves him right, I could hear him braking hard for several seconds, so I imagine he was travelling fairly quickly, and judging by the car bonnet, he didn't stop with much room to spare. Don't blame the 'old dear' for being grumpy with him!

As with children near roads, the onus is on younger drivers to watch out for older folk.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I say good for her !!!! I did notice how she took plenty of no notice of the wally as she stomped across the crossing. LOL
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

The look on his face after the airbag had deployed....:yh_rotfl
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Another interesting 'snap' from the Mars rover. Is this a huge Martian statue, or just the postman?:thinking::wah:

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

It is curious, but it's still a recognised medical fact that it is instinctive in the human nature to see human faces in random patterns.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Well I think it is rather intriguing !
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1487880 wrote: It is curious, but it's still a recognised medical fact that it is instinctive in the human nature to see human faces in random patterns.

For my money, that's pushing 'pareidolia' just a bit far. If ancient astronauts actually have ( according to Von Daniken's theories) visited Earth millennia ago, what's to prevent an advanced civilization from having existed on Mars in prehistory? Maybe one day we'll have a definitive answer (if various governments allow it....), but until then it's up for debate and conjecture!

I might agree if it was only 1 or 2 debatable objects, but there are too many to be mere coincidence or 'pareidolia', IMO.....
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1487935 wrote: For my money, that's pushing 'pareidolia' just a bit far. If ancient astronauts actually have ( according to Von Daniken's theories) visited Earth millennia ago, what's to prevent an advanced civilization from having existed on Mars in prehistory? Maybe one day we'll have a definitive answer (if various governments allow it....), but until then it's up for debate and conjecture!

I might agree if it was only 1 or 2 debatable objects, but there are too many to be mere coincidence, IMO.....

I would offer my previous post about laying on ones back and watching clouds move across a blue summer sky and see what other wonders you might see.........reminding you that millions of men have been scanning our celestial bodies for centuries, so have seen many many things................ere......what about "The Man in The Moon"?

For what it's worth I reckon some people tend to see what they would like to see sometimes, while not knowing,that is what they wanted, for instance those that see lists of mysteries occurrences and sightings such as sasquatch, flying saucers, ghosts, leopards in rural England.....and faces in clouds.........I saw Sophie Loren only yesterday......winking at me.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1487948 wrote: I would offer my previous post about laying on ones back and watching clouds move across a blue summer sky and see what other wonders you might see.........reminding you that millions of men have been scanning our celestial bodies for centuries, so have seen many many things................ere......what about "The Man in The Moon"?

For what it's worth I reckon some people tend to see what they would like to see sometimes, while not knowing,that is what they wanted, for instance those that see lists of mysteries occurrences and sightings such as sasquatch, flying saucers, ghosts, leopards in rural England.....and faces in clouds.........I saw Sophie Loren only yesterday......winking at me.

Not all 'big cat' sightigns in the UK are figments of the imagination!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats

'The man-in-the-Moon' does look vaguely face-like, and definitely qualifies as 'pareidolia'. I think that it's fashionable to debunk UFO's AND the possibility of life on Mars in prehistoric times. Not sure why, as Mars developed the requirements for life at an earlier time to Earth, thus I would conclude that any artifacts/structures remaining on Mars will be ANCIENT; so ancient that they make the Easter Island statues, or the Pyramids brand-new by comparison....
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1487952 wrote: Not all 'big cat' sightigns in the UK are figments of the imagination!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats

'The man-in-the-Moon' does look vaguely face-like, and definitely qualifies as 'pareidolia'. I think that it's fashionable to debunk UFO's AND the possibility of life on Mars in prehistoric times. Not sure why, as Mars developed the requirements for life at an earlier time to Earth, thus I would conclude that any artifacts/structures remaining on Mars will be ANCIENT; so ancient that they make the Easter Island statues, or the Pyramids brand-new by comparison....

Why is it I have lived a lifetime and never caught a glimpse of an errant panther, flying saucer,ghost,or obelisk on Jupiter, but some people are plagued by such things ?
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1487954 wrote: Why is it I have lived a lifetime and never caught a glimpse of an errant panther, flying saucer,ghost,or obelisk on Jupiter, but some people are plagued by such things ?

It's a good and valid question! The 'breaks', I guess. Why are some people lucky at lotteries? Why do some people get involved in road accidents?

As regards obelisks on Jupiter, you'd have to have good eyesight too see one!:wah:
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1487987 wrote: As regards obelisks on Jupiter, you'd have to have good eyesight too see one!:wah:
It's OK if you screw your eyes up and want to see it...........honest.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1487997 wrote: It's OK if you screw your eyes up and want to see it...........honest.

It's probably an eyelash, Bruv!
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Leo Allatius claimed that the Rings of Saturn were Jesus' foreskin.

What sort of mind makes that sort of interpretation?
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1488030 wrote: Leo Allatius claimed that the Rings of Saturn were Jesus' foreskin.

What sort of mind makes that sort of interpretation?

Seriously? You have got to be 'kidding'!:yh_rotfl
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1488035 wrote: Seriously? You have got to be 'kidding'!:yh_rotfl

The Holy Prepuce - The rings of Saturn are the Holy Foreskin of...
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1488041 wrote: The Holy Prepuce - The rings of Saturn are the Holy Foreskin of...

They must have thought he was 'well blessed', to coin a phrase....Cheers for the link, FourPart; it's the biggest laugh I've had all day!

( Old beliefs can be highly amusing sometimes!)
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

The thing is that it's wild claims like this that all too often get accepted as fact in the absence of any contradicting evidence. It then becomes part of dogma & eventually becomes heresy to question otherwise.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1488045 wrote: The thing is that it's wild claims like this that all too often get accepted as fact in the absence of any contradicting evidence. It then becomes part of dogma & eventually becomes heresy to question otherwise.

Only too true, FourPart. Easy to see why 'we' can get in such a mess....
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1488044 wrote: They must have thought he was 'well blessed', to coin a phrase....Cheers for the link, FourPart; it's the biggest laugh I've had all day!

( Old beliefs can be highly amusing sometimes!)

They will laugh about this thread one day.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1488057 wrote: They will laugh about this thread one day.

I hope that people will! I also hope that some of what appears here is eventually confirmed as fact, then a good balance will have been struck,TBH.

If the thread makes for laughter, and also is food for thought at times, then I will be more than satisfied. I like a mixture of the possible, the improbable, the downright daft, dare-devil stunts, and witty comments!

The only 'taboo' subjects here are creationist theories, politics and religion. Anything else goes just fine!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

IF this is genuine, it begs a question about Nazi experiments. Or maybe something even more frightening....

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

My Uncle Patrice used to remind me often,...

"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”