The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Couldn't believe this...

" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Or this!!

" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

What about this lot ?

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

[QUOTE=G#Gill;1479659]What about this lot ?

Totally amazing the things some people can do!:yh_bigsmi
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

The mind boggles.....:wah:

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

One way to get the car bump started.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

And I thought drivers in India were bad...!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

They say that flying is one of the safest ways of travelling...:yh_nailbi

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

How does he do that so well? Brilliant!!:yh_rotfl
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1479807 wrote: How does he do that so well? Brilliant!!:yh_rotfl

I've got my suspicions it's dubbed tbh.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1479857 wrote: I've got my suspicions it's dubbed tbh.

That's possible, but I still think it's amusing. If it IS genuine, then hats off to him! I can make my hands squeak a bit, but not like he appears to do.:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

This definitely looks like big fun! Wish we had something like it here...:yh_laugh

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1479906 wrote: This definitely looks like big fun! Wish we had something like it here...:yh_laugh

That DOES look like a blast.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I must admit to being a "gravity race" fan. I can't skate/long-board myself, though I'd love to go street lugeing someday, I think I might do reasonably well with a luge (being a biker), so I make no apology if various gravity clips appear on this thread. I love the cheeky, naughty, free, dare-devil, rebellious, "thrilling & chilling" nature of it..!:-6

Fast and graceful. Nice sounds, too!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Us crazy Brits are at it again....

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

We used to see Sand Yachts on our hols...

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I've fancied doing this for a while, but you need plenty of tuition first. Thrilling and beautiful.:-6

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

We can do some incredible things . Found myself holding my breath at times!!

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

What an amazing feat ! Hardly believable. He must have trained for possibly years before attempting that.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I stand in awe of the skill and daring...:-6

at any time of the year!

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

If you suffer from VERTIGO, you are advised not to watch this clip, or the next one!

You have been warned...

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

They really need to get on to the Council to get some of those potholes sorted out.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1480227 wrote: They really need to get on to the Council to get some of those potholes sorted out.

Don't they just! Still amazed that people can walk the Camino Del Rey, it's not been maintained since.........:thinking:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Back in the 80's, bikes were often called "crutch rockets", on C.B. radio. An appropriate nickname, I'd say!!:D

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Remember those eccentric "bird-men" towards the end of the 19th century...?

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

You ain't 'arf puttin' some crazy stuff on FG, Smaug ! I did look at those 'vertigo' posts and I don't think I'll look again ! Well not for a while any way ! :yh_sick
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

They say variety is the spice of life! If anyone feels like posting here, just about anything goes, as long as it's amazing in some way....:-6
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I remember a "wave-maker" malfunctioning at a pool I was swimming in. The staff eventually had to isolate it from the mains power to stop it "wave-making". Only just in time, as it was producing 6 foot tsunamis, and everyone was ordered out of the pool(easier said than done)!! The poolside spectator area looked like the aftermath of a major tidal surge!! :wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Don't think you'll get HIM/HER with a maggot...:-3

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I don't find it hard to believe at all. After all, we know more about the surface & sub-strata of the moon than we know about the depths of our own oceans. Who's to say what creatures can survive at those depths. Furthermore, by living in those sort of pressures there's no way they'd be able to survive nearer the surface.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Absolutely. The term "inner space" is quite appropriate, as the land area of this Earth is only 1/3 of the area occupied by the seas and oceans. We've only just explored all the land above sea-level.

We've barely started with maritime exploration, especially of the deeper regions. It's a bit like opening Pandora's box; who knows what we'll find...
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

This dare devil did this just a few days ago,nearly made me fall off my chair.

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Don't think I could free-climb a structure like that, Bruv! Not without a parachute. It's pretty daring stuff, but probably intensely rewarding to achieve. Not surprised it gave you a start, there's a lot of fresh air underfoot!!
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I think I'd be comfortable with that. I'm quite happy with heights. I take the view that if you fall from, say, the 10th floor you've not really got much more chance of survival than he would if he fell. It gets to the point when the height is irrelevant.
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1480457 wrote: I think I'd be comfortable with that. I'm quite happy with heights. I take the view that if you fall from, say, the 10th floor you've not really got much more chance of survival than he would if he fell. It gets to the point when the height is irrelevant.

Other than the time you have to wait for the Splat.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

True. Not much difference in terminal velocity between 70-100 feet, and 500, I guess. Hence my pre-condition of using a 'chute! Must admit, I can free-climb a 60 foot tree, but the Wembley Arch (complete with possible crosswind gusts)...?:-3
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1480465 wrote: Other than the time you have to wait for the Splat.

Seriously.........I was almost a fish when I was younger, not really into any other sport, but all the football and rugby players that didn't like water splashed in their faces, and me there diving in and swimming like it was my second home making them all look like pansies in the water.

What is the point of my telling that story...............because I couldn't dive or even jump off the high board, not because of the impact or fear of the water, I loved the water, it was that sensation going through the air, the fractions of seconds of falling.......I hated that.

Could never do a parachute jump.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1480465 wrote: Other than the time you have to wait for the Splat.

It's not the fall that kills, rather the sudden stop at the bottom!:eek:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1480470 wrote: Seriously.........I was almost a fish when I was younger, not really into any other sport, but all the football and rugby players that didn't like water splashed in their faces, and me there diving in and swimming like it was my second home making them all look like pansies in the water.

What is the point of my telling that story...............because I couldn't dive or even jump off the high board, not because of the impact or fear of the water, I loved the water, it was that sensation going through the air, the fractions of seconds of falling.......I hated that.

Could never do a parachute jump.

I quite like the falling sensation, that soaring ,weightless feeling. It was the splash as I hit the water that made me sweat. For a boatman, I'm not a great swimmer, unlike my Dad (sure he's a hybrid man/dolphin combo), even though he's in his late 70's!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Looks like "Nessie" might not be the only "lake monster" out there! Is it real, and if so, what on earth is it? :-2

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Well a while ago I discovered some brilliant videos. They are delightful and very funny and there is no dialogue, just sound effects. Just watch and enjoy. I think they are very whacky ! There have been loads of 4 minute plus little 'stories' and you can no doubt find more on Youtube ! Voilá Minuscule >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patrouille de bzzz ! :yh_rotfl

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I love "minuscule" cartoons! They have a certain quirky charm, a little like "Tom & Jerry" did. Sound effects are amusing, too! J'aime beacoup!:-6
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Talking of which....:wah:

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1480534 wrote: Talking of which....:wah:

That one is on constant loop on the screen at my Doctor's surgery - That and a Pink Panther one, a Goofy one, and a Teletubbies one (no sound though).
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I hope the doc changes the loop from time to time ! LOL What a good idea to keep patients minds off their ills for a few minutes ! Mind you I bet the receptionist gets a bit fed up with the constant same old same old ! I have always loved the Tom and Jerry cartoons, so long as they are the Fred Quimby ones - brilliant !!!
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

The loop never changes. It gives the kids something to look at in the waiting room. The video is on the left of the screen, while there are general information ads on the right (eg Non Smoking, promoting 111, cost of GP, via walk in centres, via A&E etc) - It also has an up to date BBC news feed scrolling along at the bottom of the screen.

There's also a kids play area, with big plastic moulded rocking horses & those big block things with lots of holes & bendy wires with beads on them, as well as an assortment of big thick cardboard books. Kids love them.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1480540 wrote: That one is on constant loop on the screen at my Doctor's surgery - That and a Pink Panther one, a Goofy one, and a Teletubbies one (no sound though).

What are the chances of that,FourPart? Out of all the T&J's available....

So...

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1480551 wrote: I hope the doc changes the loop from time to time ! LOL What a good idea to keep patients minds off their ills for a few minutes ! Mind you I bet the receptionist gets a bit fed up with the constant same old same old ! I have always loved the Tom and Jerry cartoons, so long as they are the Fred Quimby ones - brilliant !!!

They were a "staple" of mine when I was a kid. They still crack me up! Can't think of a better cartoonist than Fred Quimby.:-6
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

What wouldn't I give to be Skipper of Hydroptere...:D

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”