The Gold Cup

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Only 9 trainers have been brave enough to put their names In the hat to go up against Sprinter Sacre In The Queen Mother Champion Chase..

Sizing Europe

Finians Rainbow

Cue Card

Mail De Bievre

Sanctuaire

Somersby

Wishfull Thinking

Realt Dubh

Tataniano

Tizzard has already said Cue Card won't run If Sprinter Sacre so much as shows up on the day.... I expect Henderson and Nicholls to follow suit and withdraw nearer the day.

Sprinter Scare now 1/4 best price
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Now with the betting settled more or less, my Day 1 of the Festival Is looking like this:

The Supreme Novices' Hurdle

Dodging Bullets each way

The Arkle Challenge Trophy

Simonsig straight win

Simonsig and Captain Conan Straight Forecast

Captain Conan each way

The Festival Handicap Chase

Opening Batsman each way

The Champion Hurdle

Hurricane Fly straight win

Oscar Whiskey each way

The Cross Country Handicap Chase

Balthazar King each way

The Mares Hurdle

Quevega straight win

The Centenary Novice Chase

Carlito Brigante each way
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Day two and my betting looks like this:

The National Hunt Steeple Chase

Boston Bob straight win

The Neptune Investment Hurdle

The New One straight win

Taquin Du Seuil each way ( only because I've been advised to do so )

The RSA

Dynaste straight win

Dynaste and Unioniste r/v f/c

The Queen Mother Champion Chase

Absolutely no question Sprinter Sacre straight win

Sprinter Sacre and Mail De Bievre straight f/c

The Coral Cup

Son Of Flicka each way

The Fred Winter Handicap

Undecided on this one.

The Champion Bumper

Undecided
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

It looks like my connections In Neighing Circles were right and the rumour has been confirmed today.

KAUTO STAR WILL LEAD THE GOLD CUP PARADE

FABULOUS !!!!

THE legendary Kauto Star will be the focus of attention yet again at the Cheltenham Festival – despite being retired from racing.

The two-time Gold Cup winner will lead the parade of runners in this year's £550,000 blue riband event at Prestbury Park on March 15.

Read more: Kauto is set to Star at one more Festival | This is Gloucestershire

Follow us: @thisisglos on Twitter | thisisgloucestershire on Facebook
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

I have to laugh... so much talk, so much debate on which superstars will prevail at the Cheltenham Festival. Everything Is discussed, weight, form, distance, trainer, ground conditions, weather, Jockey etc etc and what have we been debating today ?

Has Sprinter Sacre got the biggest ears we've ever seen In horse racing ?

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

oscar;1421694 wrote:

The Fred Winter Handicap

Undecided on this one.

The Champion Bumper

Undecided

The Fred Winter.... Bordoni each way at 14/1

The Champion Bumper......Shield each way 25/1
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Imperial Commander Is out of the Gold Cup. Lung Infection however Twiston Davis Is confident he will be fit for The Grand National.
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Yep... pretty much as expected, Colin Tizzard has withdrawn Cue Card from The Queen Mother Champion Chase. He doesn't want him going up against Sprinter Sacre and I expect others to follow suit... could end up a 2 horse race, even a walk over.

Cue Card will Instead run The Rynair Chase where he's gone In as 4/1 favourite...

The only times I have ever seen trainers so In defeat of one horse was the reign Big Bucks held In the World Hurdle for 4 consecutive years. 63 entries due to him being out of the race Is astonishing.

Same with Sprinter It seems and I predict he'll be holding trainers to ransom for many a year. The horse who recently broke the track record at Newbury, never even off the bit.... that's bloody frightening.
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Short video of a man talking bollocks

Cheltenham 2013: Alastair Down's Festival Questions - Part 2 - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Sort video of same man talking sense

Cheltenham 2013: Alastair Down's Festival Questions - 1 - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

So Day 3 of the festival and my bets are looking like this....

The Jewson Novices chase

Absolutely no question. Dynaste straight win

The Pertemps Final Handicap Hurdle

Alfie Sherrin each way

The Ryanair Chase

Riverside Theatre each way

Finians Rainbow ( If he runs ) each way

The World Hurdle

Oscar Whiskey straight win

Smad Place each way

The Byrne Group Plate

Hunt Ball Straight win

The Kim Muir Challenge Cup

Cantlow each way
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Day 4 and my bets look like this

The JCB Triumph Hurdle

Rolling Star straight win

The County Handicap Hurdle

Cotton Mill each way

The Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle

Absolutely no question At Fishers Cross straight win

The Foxhunter Steeple Chase

Salsify straight win

Tricky Trickster each way ( soooo good to see you back at Cheltenham young buck after breaking your neck at Uttoxeter. Never thought we'd see you again.)

The Conditional Jockeys Hurdle

Undecided

The Grand Annual Chase

Alderwood each way

The Gold Cup

I've not seen the call this close In many many a year.

Some further Stats

12/12 winners of the Gold Cup has run at least 3 months prior..... This statistically rules out the favourite Bobs Worth

12/12 winners had run that seasons King George or Lexus ... This makes Long Run more favourable

12/12 winners were In the top 3 of the betting. This rules out Long Run but statistically puts Silviniaco Conti and Sir Des Champs In the frame.

Myself ???

Siviniaco Conti all the way
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

Dynaste, you beautiful beautiful boy. Rated as Cheltenham's Wednesday banker

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

I have never known such debate over The Gold Cup this year unlike past years when It was just a case of who was the fittest, Kauto or Denman.....

But for all the statistics, this close to Gold Cup day, It's like I have an Inner voice nagging me over Captain Chris and It won't go away.

Statistically, 12/12 last GC winners had run the King George or The Lexus prior to the GC.... I just can't shake off the way Captain Chris almost had Long Run on the line In The King George In December.

12/12 winners of the GC have run at least 2 months prior to the GC....Captain Chris came second at Ascot just 3 weeks ago only beaten by Cue Card.

11/12 winners of the GC were 9 or 10 years old.... The only one to buck the trend was Long Run.... Captain Chris Is 9 years old.

The only stat that doesn't add up Is he's outside of the top 3 betting..... but....

At 16/1 I'd be mad to Ignore 3/4 stats and that price.... hence, I've added an each way bet for him.
peleus

The Gold Cup

Post by peleus »

I'm new to this. Quick question for you please. By any chance, is this event only thrown out every year?
Never quit.
Oscar Namechange

The Gold Cup

peleus;1437462 wrote: I'm new to this. Quick question for you please. By any chance, is this event only thrown out every year?

This thread Is also nearly a year old... The Gold Cup Is the highlight on the last day of The four day Cheltenham Festival held In March every year.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”