Has anybody ever seen a UFO?

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Another time I was In the Duty Free shop... I happened to look outside a large window and above what looked like a flat piece of tarmac, was 3 strange lights heading straight towards It. An oblong shape came Into view and what appeared to be wing like structures either side of It. As It got nearer and nearer, I swore I could see 2 almost human like shapes at the front of the object.

I reported alien abduction as It appeared a long line of people In a some-what of a hypnotic state boarded the vessel. It then made a roaring sound rather like engines firing up and again the strange lights disappeared Into the sky.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
binbag

Post by binbag »

Hi folks, I thought some of you may be interested in this little bit of information, and these images.

On the 27th May 2010 @ 1:15am GMT, a beautifully clear moonlit night, I gazed out of the window in my computer room and spotted a lovely clear full moon. So I picked up my mobile phone, went downstairs into my garden and snapped away with the mobile phone camera.

When I transferred the images from the mobile to my PC the following morning, I spotted the orangey glow on the right.

Here's three of the images, all taken, as I mentioned, with my mobile phone camera. You can just make out the clouds under the moon in the first image.

Other than clipping the images smaller (in order to post into the Garden) I haven't interfered or altered the them in any way at all; No jiggery pokery.

The original image sizes, before I clipped them, were 1333 x 1000. It's a pity they're too large to post in.

[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Impressive! Did you have them checked out? Were there reports by anyone else of unusual things in the sky? When I enlarged the photos, in the last 2 there appear to be 2 separate discs. and the first one seems to have an irregular or jagged top.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1331472 wrote: Another time I was In the Duty Free shop... I happened to look outside a large window and above what looked like a flat piece of tarmac, was 3 strange lights heading straight towards It. An oblong shape came Into view and what appeared to be wing like structures either side of It. As It got nearer and nearer, I swore I could see 2 almost human like shapes at the front of the object.

I reported alien abduction as It appeared a long line of people In a some-what of a hypnotic state boarded the vessel. It then made a roaring sound rather like engines firing up and again the strange lights disappeared Into the sky.

Nutter !!!! :wah: :lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1331494 wrote: Nutter !!!! :wah: :lips:

I think Oscar should stay away from airports. It sounds like those strange "things" could be looking for her. :yh_alien
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

No, but I knew a guy that had an uncle who heard of a fellow that said he saw one.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Clodhopper;1331431 wrote: Those are amazing stories, Saint. Just to be certain - you aren't winding us up are you?

I had heard that pilots have been reporting this sort of thing for years, but this is the first time I've heard it from someone who was there.

Nope, each of those events happened exactly like I described it. I can still see them if I close my eyes. You remember pretty good when you're scared, you know? Moreover, in each case I had other people with me who saw exactly what I saw and were just as scared.

A few questions have crossed my mind over the years....what were the little red lights doing? Taking samples? It sure looked that way. What about the light that turned bright? Taking a picture? Who knows. Could they have been government vehicles? Maybe, but why would the Air Force have us intercept?

A good friend of mine who lives out on the reservation says he sees all kinds of things. He once called me and said that when he walked out on his porch, a UFO was hovering right above him less that ten yards above! Of course, he drinks a lot, but I've never known him to be a liar. I once saw something I couldn't explain in Phoenix, too, but since I'm the only one who saw it, I left that story out.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Saint_;1331807 wrote:

A good friend of mine who lives out on the reservation says he sees all kinds of things. He once called me and said that when he walked out on his porch, a UFO was hovering right above him less that ten yards above! Of course, he drinks a lot, but I've never known him to be a liar. .

That sounds like a story my ex husband (the world's biggest skeptic about everything!) tells about a friend of his in Wyoming in a very desolate place, who asked him to come over for dinner, he wanted to show him something. He said that this was a nightly occurence, had been for a couple of weeks. They sat on the porch and watched a UFO doing all sorts of crazy things. My husband was with paratroopers when he was in the service and knew more than average about military maneuvers and he was sure this was no such thing. Both these guys drank, BUT the wife did not and she told my ex that the lights actually landed one night when she was at home alone with their 10 year old daughter. She was scared silly. She took her daughter and went to the cellar and barricaded them in as best she could. When her husband got off work at the drilling rig and came home after the midnight shift, he found them there. There was no sign of a craft in the field but there were signs that the area had been disturbed. My husband would never tell people about the incidents for fear of being ridiculed.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

ZAP;1331813 wrote: My husband would never tell people about the incidents for fear of being ridiculed.

Yeah, that's kind of the "Catch-22" here, isn't it? You can't convince anyone of what you've seen, unless they've seen one too. But after they've seen one, there's no need for anymore convincing! Well, since that is the case, I'll not be hurt if no one believes me, especially as I've said...I never believed it either when I was young!:D
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Saint_;1331807 wrote: ...Who knows. Could they have been government vehicles? Maybe, but why would the Air Force have us intercept?

Because "top secret" means just that and the Air Force just because it's a sept of the military doesn't mean they're on the same page with the operations of those few who wish to remain "top secret".

Quite simply everyone has two options. Either "you" believe the military is experimenting with newly designed aircraft based off of newly discovered science relative to physics and does not want their military secrets discovered which gives a rise to "enemies" creating equally effective weapons(there's a point of logic within all of this I might add regardless as to who's morally justified the sense of brain activity is well worth noting) or believing "aliens", who we've yet to discover on other planets after years of quite extensive and equally respectable research has been conducted, have traveled to Earth, after falling immensely short on calculating the possible means to which would allow these "aliens" to travel to Earth by a staggering degree, on spaceships that might seemingly equate to a well conditioned machine for phenomena unrelated to gravity to then, without complication, be unaffected by gravity nor Earth's atmosphereShock layer gas physicsfor further reference to then just as seemingly defy all that we know as aerodynamics and physics by the descriptions of some of these nutcases...

I don't know about you buddy but I take great comfort in the fact I know this crap to be just that,

crap

Give it a good think...How many times have you seen different agencies of the gov fighting with each other...

War in Iraq comes to mind but surely not the only instance...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Saint_;1331815 wrote: Yeah, that's kind of the "Catch-22" here, isn't it? You can't convince anyone of what you've seen, unless they've seen one too. But after they've seen one, there's no need for anymore convincing! Well, since that is the case, I'll not be hurt if no one believes me, especially as I've said...I never believed it either when I was young!:D

That's because no one questions you seeing it Saint they know what you've seen to not be of alien origin

Infinitely different
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

K.Snyder;1331836 wrote: Because "top secret" means just that and the Air Force just because it's a sept of the military doesn't mean they're on the same page with the operations of those few who wish to remain "top secret".

Completely possible, since when I was in I had a "Top Secret" clearance (as all pilots do) and I learned things that still give me nightmares..."Level 7" projects, biowar options, particle-beam weapons, and other things that make nuclear war look like a playground scuffle. Top Secret isn't even the highest level of clearance, i seem to remember there being two more higher levels.

or believing "aliens", who we've yet to discover .

Also completely possible considering what we're learning about wormholes, string theory, and branes...

Both seem equally likely to me, but of course there's no way to tell what it was that I really saw. All I can do is describe it. One thing's for sure, none of my experiences seemed to be natural, they all moved in ways that gave the impression of conscious control.
binbag

Post by binbag »

ZAP;1331492 wrote: Impressive! Did you have them checked out? Were there reports by anyone else of unusual things in the sky? When I enlarged the photos, in the last 2 there appear to be 2 separate discs. and the first one seems to have an irregular or jagged top.Zap, as I mentioned, the images (below) from my original post haven't been tampered with and I only noticed the orangey coloured object on the right when I transferred the images to my PC the following day.

I've shown them to many people.....all were impressed and made similar comments to yours.

After the others agreed I had actually snapped a UFO, I explained to them, that when I took the images, my hands were a tad shaky and the orangey glow was in fact the reflection of a tv aerial on a neighbours roof. You know the type, approx 2-3 feet long with double tubular cross bars.

Now I'm not trying to make a fool of you. I use the images as an example of how easily our eyes can be tricked into believing we have just witnessed a UFO.

The others were astounded and actually thanked me for giving them a reminder of what a "UFO" may actually transpire to be.

I truly hope you accept this as the others did. The images are genuine and I only use them for example purposes.

Best wishes.

binbag.

[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

No problem here, BB. I've seen lots of photos that appear to be something they're not. Thanks for explaining.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

K.Snyder: I do not doubt your veracity. But why do you doubt the truth of saint's statement? It seems to me (in my ignorance - I have never seen anything like this) that an airforce pilot of some experience should know what he has seen if it's that dramatically different from anything he knows...

X-craft? A (now ex-) member of the British armed forces told me that when you guys sent a stealth aircraft over here some years ago, all the British air defences swivelled and pointed. Maybe he was deceived (my contacts are very, very junior).

A few cases like this could be dismissed. But there are thousands...

I don't know what to make of it. But I don't think saint is a liar.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

oops. Been thinking about this for a while, come back and posted and found it's moved on.

How big was that thing you saw, saint? Are you Americans building things as big as saint suggested and nobody knows? I know the effect bb is talking about and posted. Seen it before. Not uncommon.

Ah heck. I'll just settle for the usual uncertainty.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Clodhopper;1331889 wrote: K.Snyder: I do not doubt your veracity. But why do you doubt the truth of saint's statement? It seems to me (in my ignorance - I have never seen anything like this) that an airforce pilot of some experience should know what he has seen if it's that dramatically different from anything he knows...

Because evidence and all mathematical equations suggest it's highly improbable to a point far beyond 50% for alien lifeforms from other planets to visit Earth.

Just because life exists on other planets doesn't mean they vacation here
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1331898 wrote: Just because life exists on other planets doesn't mean they vacation here

With odd fetishes of shoving things up people's rectums I might add
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Well, this is interesting...possibly due to the advent of videocameras and cell cameras?
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

K.Snyder;1331837 wrote: That's because no one questions you seeing it Saint they know what you've seen to not be of alien origin

Infinitely different

Who are the "they" of whom you speak? And how do they "know"?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Clodhopper;1331893 wrote:

How big was that thing you saw, saint?

Well, it was close to the Franklin Mountains (which is close to the White Sands Missile Range for you, K!) And the mountains looked about this size. The ship wasn't really tall, maybe only two stories, but it was LONG, like I said, miles long and round. pretty much a gigantic black Frisbee with a glowing red underbelly.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

ZAP;1331980 wrote: Who are the "they" of whom you speak? And how do they "know"?

No one knows for sure...Nothing is known with 100% certainty when it comes to the idea of Universal definitions...All anyone can do is research and compare the results leaving what's evidently more true than anything one wishes to compare those observations with...

The fact remains that the evidence shows in favor of not a single alien spaceship visiting this planet to such a degree that it's only rational, given the long lived experience of scientists, physicists, and mathematicians that have devoted their lives to finding out the "truth", to suggest that those claiming these spaceships fly through the Earth's atmosphere like a 16 year old on the way home from getting his drivers license is entirely uneducated, and that's an understatement

I don't doubt the sightings, what I doubt are people being educated enough to know what they'd seen to be true rather than conveniently getting dramatic and suggesting it's the result of something entirely against everything society benefits from. It's cynical, redundant, not in the least compassionate, and immensely ignorant. It's that simple
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

K.Snyder;1331985 wrote:

I don't doubt the sightings, what I doubt are people being educated enough to know what they'd seen to be true rather than conveniently getting dramatic

Again, you seem to be less than clear. I know that the things I saw did not have any lighting or markings associated with aircraft by law, and that they exhibited flight characteristics that are impossible by the laws of aerodynamics that I know. If you are suggesting that the government has invented anti-gravity and hasn't told us about, well I suppose that's a possibility.

And, although it is dramatic to see something that you are not prepared for and can't explain (as I hope you do someday) it certainly isn't "convenient" since people will doubt you and give you flak about it.

It's cynical, redundant, not in the least compassionate, and immensely ignorant. It's that simple

Simple? Some of the words in your sentence make no sense in the context of UFO sightings! How can a UFO be "compassionate?" How can you call extremely intelligent and educated people "ignorant" just because you don't believe what they believe?

You lost me, bud.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Thank you saint. I appreciate it is not easy to talk about this.

Scale is so difficult. I sort of guess from what you have said that the craft spanned about two thirds of the photo you posted? Hard to do when I don't know if the photo was a mile or so, or fifty miles across. I get that it was BIG.

k.snyder: You seem to be saying that because UFOs are unlikely, saint cannot have seen what he thought he saw, unless it was the US government. Is that the case?

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The case is that until I witness an alien ship(Doesn't matter the size of course) then what we have here is too much marijuana leaking into the cockpit of his airplane, either by a record breaking Native American pow-wow or by the government burning it, rendering his person extremely disoriented or a much more simpler explanation being whatever it was was something completely ordinary that was misinterpreted equal in proportion to every law of physics this "machine" seemingly "broke".

I'll try and re-clarify what I've written in this thread...

The facts state that it's more likely(Much much more likely otherwise I'd be more willing to accept the story as plausible) of alien's with the intelligence enough to make a trip to this planet(which would be more than 60 trillion miles from Earth and that's only if life is sustainable there) to then ultimately have to either turn around with still a half full gas tank or more or stop in at the local gas station and fill it to such do not exist...

While I'm quite sure the oil companies would be happy I sincerely doubt we have enough resources to cover their expenses and then what we have are some pretty pi**ed off aliens to deal with!

Whatever you'd seen Saint was not an alien UFO. Of course we could resolve this but not a single person over the hundreds of thousands of encounters have taken a photograph that can be identified as legitimate. Please don't suggest we've the capacity to know what stars are made of, their positions relative to each other, and distance from Earth based off of spectral lines and cannot uncover the integrity of a photograph...

I think Loch Ness is up next in the convo queue if anyone's interested...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

By the way, it's not compassionate in the least to not research something one is unaware of...What happens is the wasting of those responsible for the safety and well being of it's citizen's time and energy.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I think saint would probably understand the viewpoint that unless you see it, you don't believe it (I think he said something like that earlier). But he has seen it. And it is a bit patronising to assume that he didn't have all the scepticism you have before the event.

regarding the cannabis... I have to say that if I had one person here pegged as a very heavy user, it was you. You think about things a lot and the language you use to express it is so precise I can't follow what you are getting at except in broad outline.

I hasten to add that it is entirely possible to achieve the same effect by other entirely reasonable ways and I could very well be wrong. I mention it only because you brought the subject up.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Clodhopper;1332568 wrote: I think saint would probably understand the viewpoint that unless you see it, you don't believe it (I think he said something like that earlier). But he has seen it. And it is a bit patronising to assume that he didn't have all the scepticism you have before the event.

regarding the cannabis... I have to say that if I had one person here pegged as a very heavy user, it was you. You think about things a lot and the language you use to express it is so precise I can't follow what you are getting at except in broad outline.

I hasten to add that it is entirely possible to achieve the same effect by other entirely reasonable ways and I could very well be wrong. I mention it only because you brought the subject up.No Clod, it's not possible to abide by the logic "unless you see it, you don't believe it" when "it" doesn't exist. What's left is invented definitions throughout the course of their entire lifespan because "it" in reference to anything unknown beyond the point of "100% discoverey", which is acclaimed upon their choice to assume it's an alien UFO as opposed to the other trillions of more appropriate explanations, is indigenously inappropriate.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I cannot share your certainty that alien UFO's do not exist. I have never seen one, and I doubt their existence. But I have to admit the possibility of their existence. I am certain saint and people like him have seen something very different to anything they know. And a witness like saint, with considerable air force experience, is one I cannot simply ignore. I am equally dubious about the claim that what they have seen are secret US projects.

Hey ho. We aren't going to reach a conclusion that satisfies both of us, so let's just agree to disagree:)

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Clodhopper;1332605 wrote: I cannot share your certainty that alien UFO's do not exist. I have never seen one, and I doubt their existence. But I have to admit the possibility of their existence. I am certain saint and people like him have seen something very different to anything they know. And a witness like saint, with considerable air force experience, is one I cannot simply ignore. I am equally dubious about the claim that what they have seen are secret US projects.

Hey ho. We aren't going to reach a conclusion that satisfies both of us, so let's just agree to disagree:)

Very well said. I would disagree with you on the words "I doubt their existence." I don't doubt it. I haven't seen one, either, that I'm aware of, but 50 years ago, how many of us would have scoffed at the idea of a computer, a cell phone, daily use of a microwave, etc.? One hundred years ago, that we would be flying all over the globe, visiting the moon and taking photographs of it, etc. This is just a small idea of the things that our technology has produced. I think it is incredibly naive to think that there is not a much, much more advanced intelligent life form in the universe(s), capable of unimaginable feats.

I love the quote:"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Saint... Any Idea on what is occuring with these cattle Mutilations In Kansas?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I accept that nothing is 100% certain so yes, I agree to disagree...

I think it's fine and well to suggest there are technologies we've yet to discover that will open the door to a vast proportion of enlightenment but what I cannot understand for the life of me is how we've managed to evolve into the beings that we are to then throw away centuries of amazing advancements at the whim of a fascination that ends up doing nothing but charming "our" imaginations. What's ironic, and equally worrisome, is the fact that it's done to mock science.

Out of everything we know and understand we willingly choose to accept the idea that breaks all bearers of scientific facts we've achieved as if it's some sort of subconscious attempt at comedy without the cerebral skills to get the punchline. It defines irony.

What could very well easily be observed is the fact that all life as we know is dependent on nutrients in order to survive which invokes a theme consistent with what we know to be the food chain. To think these living creatures visit this planet, perhaps to get a tan due to the lack of sun rays they receive on where exactly?, and then ignore us all. I'm very aware of the occasional raping of people as a means to examine them, which I'm not exactly shocked to hear of such conduct coming from a state of being that is obviously disillusioned, but still not near as prevalent as should be expected from a superior race of beings.

The sightings and whatnot can best be compared to the declination of religion and peoples' inept need to exclaim the rediculous at the expense of appearing very intellectual to those that don't know any better

Not only does education decline with such fairytale folk lure but peoples' sense of humility

What Saint and anyone else have witnessed is nonexistent because the key determinate is the time it takes them to uncover the truth which I assure you was not an alien UFO.

What this leads to is the fact that if it were truly as prevalent then we'd have more physical evidence and would also show equal in proportion the amount of sightings or acts of molestation in history and it just doesn't come close. I can just as easily envision miniature Suns in everyones living room they can use for their entire lives as a viable source of energy but what defines it's merit is when it actually becomes pliable and the rest of the educated guesses get ignored for an eternity ending in a quiet death many individuals quite simply have a hard time accepting
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Oh, I'm quite sure that most UFO sightings are of terrestrial origin. But there is a small proportion that just really DON'T seem to be, witnessed by reliable, knowledgeable, rational people. And those are the interesting ones.

I'm not saying, "Ah buhLEEVE!" I'm saying I don't know, how very curious. I don't think alien UFOs are impossible. After all, the Universe is a big, big place. You think that there are people alive today who remember when planes were canvas and wire top speed 100mph and since then in one lifetime we have jets going Mach 2.5 and have been to the moon and are looking at Mars in a speculative sort of way...

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Clodhopper;1333300 wrote: Oh, I'm quite sure that most UFO sightings are of terrestrial origin. But there is a small proportion that just really DON'T seem to be, witnessed by reliable, knowledgeable, rational people. And those are the interesting ones.

I'm not saying, "Ah buhLEEVE!" I'm saying I don't know, how very curious. I don't think alien UFOs are impossible. After all, the Universe is a big, big place. You think that there are people alive today who remember when planes were canvas and wire top speed 100mph and since then in one lifetime we have jets going Mach 2.5 and have been to the moon and are looking at Mars in a speculative sort of way...

I understand the argument Clod. What I'm failing to get across is the fact that we have to use human knowledge as the fundamental premise for plausibility. It's proportionately implausible to suggest it's possible for any species to travel that far based off of human perception, therefore it must be concluded that humans have no right to suggest it can happen more than it cannot. It's not pragmatic in the very least. It's about proportion Clod. Proportion. A fundamental point that should be seen as logical truth, which in turn helps to educate what I myself like to call a complete and utter blessing that I don't lack the brain power to understand what's important, which is to make a virtue out of science respectively and not science fiction, because it's equally as defined as such based off of the axiom of human life not alien life.
CrazyCruizChick

Post by CrazyCruizChick »

No, but Im still looking up.

Return to “Paranormal Science”