Has anybody ever seen a UFO?

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

Hi peeps i was wondering if anybody have seen a UFO before i thought i saw one last Sunday night but it turned out to be the search light from a Police Helicopter :wah:
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

koans mum flies one its called her mother ship:yh_alien2 :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I've seen three. One on it's own and two together.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

Uncle Kram;564539 wrote: I've seen three. One on it's own and two together.

Wow i would have loved to have seen that did you take any Pics at all?
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Musiclover89;564546 wrote: Wow i would have loved to have seen that did you take any Pics at all?
No. The first was exceptionally bright and disappeared behind the house opposite after a very fast vertical descent. Pretty sure it wasn't a meteorite. The other two were silver and elliptical. They were hovering, one above and to the side of the other. I was driving over a bridge at the time and didn't have my camera. If you are interested in UFO's, the book Beyond Top Secret is very interesting.

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Uncle Kram;564557 wrote: No. The first was exceptionally bright and disappeared behind the house opposite after a very fast vertical descent. Pretty sure it wasn't a meteorite. The other two were silver and elliptical. They were hovering, one above and to the side of the other. I was driving over a bridge at the time and didn't have my camera. If you are interested in UFO's, the book Beyond Top Secret is very interesting.

kramster i think i have read that is it called ......the very top secret indeed book :rolleyes::rolleyes:
dubs

Post by dubs »

Uncle Kram;564557 wrote: No. The first was exceptionally bright and disappeared behind the house opposite after a very fast vertical descent. Pretty sure it wasn't a meteorite. The other two were silver and elliptical. They were hovering, one above and to the side of the other. I was driving over a bridge at the time and didn't have my camera. If you are interested in UFO's, the book Beyond Top Secret is very interesting.

Tamworth's a bit of a UFO hotspot as well, aint it Krammy? There's been a fair few sightings over the years!...:thinking:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

dubs;564560 wrote: Tamworth's a bit of a UFO hotspot as well, aint it Krammy? There's been a fair few sightings over the years!...:thinking:
I used to know Phil Mogg quite well. Does that count?

crazygal

Post by crazygal »

Never seen one other than on TV and I never expect to as I don't believe in them one bit.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Pinky;564582 wrote: I do believe in aliens, and it's one of the few things that scares me sh1tless, pardon the expression. W hen I first moved in where I am now I came home from either my mum's and copped a load of blue lights in the field next to where the house is...I turned around and drove straight back there like a bat out of hell!

The daft thing is, it turned out to be farm machinery!:o
Well thats a UFO. Unidentified Farm Machinery. Yup qualifies.:cool:
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Soberano;564592 wrote: Bloody shameless you are.:wah: :wah:

cheers mate:o :o
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

YZGI;564597 wrote: Well thats a UFO. Unidentified Farm Machinery. Yup qualifies.:cool:
:wah: :wah: :wah:

x tractor files ......
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Pinky;564607 wrote: :wah: :wah:

I hate to tell you, but that would make it a UFM!!:D

i make that XTF :wah:
dubs

Post by dubs »

Uncle Kram;564566 wrote: I used to know Phil Mogg quite well. Does that count?

:wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:

http://www.ufo-music.info/

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

dubs;564626 wrote: :wah: :wah: :wah:

http://www.ufo-music.info/

gotcha ... good one kramster.... thanks dubs:o
dubs

Post by dubs »

You know that allied pilots in WW2 used to call UFOs, Foo Fighters didn't you?....And their record company's called Roswell records!....:D

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

dubs;564650 wrote: You know that allied pilots in WW2 used to call UFOs, Foo Fighters didn't you?....And their record company's called Roswell records!....:D

i love them foo fighters.... the groups not bad :wah:
dubs

Post by dubs »

Soberano;564658 wrote: I have just looked out of my bedroom window and what a blinkin scene, will you just look at that.

That's the Movie "The day the Earth stood still" I'd recognise it anywhere!:thinking:

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Soberano;564674 wrote: Well i have just been out and told em to go shoot their movie where the sun don't shine and get off of my grass.:wah:

too much grass makes me see space ships too buddy:-3 :-3
koan

Post by koan »

I think I've seen one.

It was pretty far away though.

My grandfather was a real skeptic and he finally said he couldn't think of any other explanation.

The whole family sat in the backyard in Burlington, Ontario staring at the lights in the sky for about 20 minutes. Then it took off.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

koan;564693 wrote: I think I've seen one.

It was pretty far away though.

My grandfather was a real skeptic and he finally said he couldn't think of any other explanation.

The whole family sat in the backyard in Burlington, Ontario staring at the lights in the sky for about 20 minutes. Then it took off.

just out of interest ,er you did not used to live near the airport did you:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

I believe. I have to. It wouldn't make any sense, to me, to think that in all the universe we,on this little blue speck called Earth, are the only intelligent life forms.

Musiclover,

Check this site out.

http://www.ufomystic.com/index.php
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

The simple fact of the matter is that we don't really have a clue one way or the other. But certainly in terms of "hard" evidence, there is very little, in fact almost none, a couple of military reports and other intriguing things, but in terms of material evidence, its either non-existent, or so well hidden as to be the same thing. In general I would like most things be highly skeptical about UFO's though I wouldn't rule them out, and it is interesting of course.

One thing that would make me skeptical is that although we can almost be certain that there is life out there on extra-solar worlds, thats not the same as "intelligent" life, and intelligent life also is not the same thing as a technological civilization. Then of course there are the problems in terms of how long would any civilization last before its blew itself up, and also how would they have developed ways of defying the laws of physics like going faster than light to get here (the Galaxy, let along the universe is unimaginably vast). The light speed limit is not an engineering problem, its something that is part of space time, like gravity, its not conceivable from our understanding how any matter could be made to travel at a speed faster than this, as its not physically possible.

Then there is the problem about how many of these sightings and phenomena occur, the reports and sightings tend to have a commonality to them (particularly abduction ones) that would tend to make you believe that there is a human psychological factor at work, and perhaps not an outside alien one. (that said, things do happen that are definetly are strange and unexplainable), (but most are not, most are just people misreading whats happening in the sky). Its also interesting that of all the people who you would think would see UFO's (i.e. Astronomers, who are the only people who are actually paid to look at the sky), they - the astronomers - never report seeing anything, though some airline pilots definetly have said they have seen strange flying objects, and some believe that astronauts have also, though they themselves deny this for the most part. But then some people think the moon landings were faked, that the Pope works for the Freemasons, that Jesus lived in South America, or that you can bend spoons with your mind, in fact people believe a lot of things, doesn't mean any of its actually true.

Its interesting though, as always. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Galbally;567483 wrote:

One thing that would make me skeptical is that although we can almost be certain that there is life out there on extra-solar worlds, thats not the same as "intelligent" life, and intelligent life also is not the same thing as a technological civilization.

I'm skeptical as well, but having that logic, really who's to say there isn't other intelligent life...I mean look at us,..We've been to the moon and back...It certainly should make people think.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

K.Snyder;567492 wrote: I'm skeptical as well, but having that logic, really who's to say there isn't other intelligent life...I mean look at us,..We've been to the moon and back...It certainly should make people think.

yes, I understand that K, but there has been life on earth for 3.8 billion years, yet intelligent human life for only 100,000 years, and a civilization for about 5,000 years, and a "powered" technological society for about 250 years, think about how much time that is. Also human evolution is specific to this planet, and many unique events, and mass extinctions, it took a lot of unique circumstances to create intelligent, tool using, adaptable primates (which is what we are), so the chances of there being a very similar civilization as ours out there (that is not already gone) is not as big as you would think. But in terms of their being life on other planets, I am certain that there is, perhaps even in our solar system, and certainly on millions of worlds in our galaxy. And maybe some have developed into beings something like us, perhaps with technology, (they would be either far, far behind us in technology or far far advanced, as the probability of 2 completely independent civilizations developing at precisely the same geological time, and at the same rate is vanishingly small as far as scientists are concerned). Thats what SETI is about, having a look, and so far, no dice, but there are 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we have only looked at a tiny, tiny fraction of them, so eventually perhaps, but it might take centuries even if they are out there. :-6

Also one last point, there is nothing to suggest that any intelligent species would be very nice (after all Human Beings are not very nice to the other species here on earth, or each other for that matter), so perhaps even though we would all love to know if there is intelligent life out there, perhaps it would be better not to know after all. :thinking:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Galbally;567499 wrote: yes, I understand that K, but there has been life on earth for 3.8 billion years, yet intelligent human life for only 100,000 years, and a civilization for about 5,000 years, and technological society for about 150 years, think about how much time that is. Also human evolution is specific to this planet, and many unique events, and mass extinctions, it took a lot of unique circumstances to create intelligent, tool using, adaptable primates (which is what we are), so the chances of there being a very similar civilization as ours out there (that is not already gone) is not as big as you would think. But in terms of their being life on other planets, I am certain that there is, perhaps even in our solar system, and certainly on millions of worlds in our galaxy. And maybe some have developed in beings something like us, perhaps with technology, (they would be either far far behind us in technology or far far advanced as the probability of 2 completely independent civilizations developing at precisely the same geological time, and at the same rate is vanishingly small as far as scientists are concerned). Thats what SETI is about, having a look, and so far, no dice, but there are 400,000,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we have only looked at a tiny, tiny fraction of them, so eventually perhaps, but it might take centuries even if they are out there. :-6

Also one last point, there is nothing to suggest that any intelligent species would be very nice (after all Human Beings are not very nice to the other species here on earth, or each other for that matter), so perhaps even though we would all love to know if there is intelligent life out there, perhaps it would be better not to know after all. :thinking:

another bril post i take it the dog walking went well,

why people think et is going to be nice beats me, we are probably a food source too them at best or vermin to be exterminated at worst ,just think how the japanese fisher men treated the dolphins last week ,for Pete's sake people aliens are evil ,no one here watch stargate ... :thinking: :thinking:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Galbally;567499 wrote: yes, I understand that K, but there has been life on earth for 3.8 billion years, yet intelligent human life for only 100,000 years, and a civilization for about 5,000 years, and technological society for about 150 years, think about how much time that is. Also human evolution is specific to this planet, and many unique events, and mass extinctions, it took a lot of unique circumstances to create intelligent, tool using, adaptable primates (which is what we are), so the chances of there being a very similar civilization as ours out there (that is not already gone) is not as big as you would think. But in terms of their being life on other planets, I am certain that there is, perhaps even in our solar system, and certainly on millions of worlds in our galaxy. And maybe some have developed in beings something like us, perhaps with technology, (they would be either far far behind us in technology or far far advanced as the probability of 2 completely independent civilizations developing at precisely the same geological time, and at the same rate is vanishingly small as far as scientists are concerned). Thats what SETI is about, having a look, and so far, no dice, but there are 400,000,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy and we have only looked at a tiny, tiny fraction of them, so eventually perhaps, but it might take centuries even if they are out there. :-6

Yeah I understand the scientific view of it based on personal experiences and observations,..but you can't look passed the philosophical viewpoint of it...Evolution is evolution and it has no boundaries it's limited by right? So, this leads me to believe that if it is possible for life to evolve on other planets that they have the cognitive skills that is necessary to not only survive, but to have the ability to make technological advancements...My basic logic is, we've estabolished technological phenomena from basic hand held tools...I see no reason why life on other planets would be limited to a sub-par intelect, if any, just because we happen to be the most intellectual beings of life and have no blatant proof there is life on anything other than Earth.

But, perhaps the most debatable of any topic fathomable.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

from my understanding of things ,its most probable that there is life ,i believe from what i read its almost improbable for there not to be alien intelligent life:-3
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

But all in all, I would have to assume that we are the most intelligent of all life forms until proven otherwise...I mean, it's just basic instinct to assume that based on our own knowledge of superiority.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jimbo;567512 wrote: www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2283 - 34k

good reading :D :D

link don't work...May be because of the hyphen you used.

Here it is

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2283
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

But upon the discovery of actual life on another planet whether it's bacterial or not is going to send a shock-wave of neurological panic through the entire world...You think it's bad now?

Man, people will flip their lid.

Because as we all know, a simple book has put the thought of alien life into people heads, imagine what actually finding it will do.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

K.Snyder;567504 wrote: Yeah I understand the scientific view of it based on personal experiences and observations,..but you can't look passed the philosophical viewpoint of it...Evolution is evolution and it has no boundaries it's limited by right? So, this leads me to believe that if it is possible for life to evolve on other planets that they have the cognitive skills that is necessary to not only survive, but to have the ability to make technological advancements...My basic logic is, we've estabolished technological phenomena from basic hand held tools...I see no reason why life on other planets would be limited to a sub-par intelect, if any, just because we happen to be the most intellectual beings of life and have no blatant proof there is life on anything other than Earth.

But, perhaps the most debatable of any topic fathomable.

I think that in terms of evolutionary strategy, and what this would mean for exobiology (which is the proposed biology of life on planets other than earth), it is widely accepted that there would be many commonalities between life here, and life elsewhere in the universe, but again we don't know because we have no reference other than life on earth, so we may be misguided in our assumptions. We used to think that life would be bizarrely different, but this is not so popular an idea as it once was.

But you are still left with the issue that on this planet with all its uncounted millions of species of life, we (as far as we can tell) are the only ones in its entire history that have developed self-aware consciousness and intelligence plus the use of language and tools, (there are other intelligent species, but none match all these criteria. We tend to always see ourselves at the "end point" of evolution, but thats a conceit, we are not, it just seems that way at any given time, thats its a culmination of everything that has gone before, and in a way it is, but its not the "end" point, as long as life continues, so does evolution, and change, irrevocable change is built into the system. Thats as true for us, as it was for Tyranosarus or Stomalites, so its entirely possible that human beings may be exceptional, and that consciousness and intelligence may be unique to us, which seems to me probably taking it too far, but still it does add a sense of urgency to the fact that as a species we are busily engaged with destroying our only habitat, and also threatening each others large social organizations with Nuclear war, we may be about to destroy the only conscious beings in this Galaxy, i.e. ourselves, (a pity it would be, and a sobering thought). Though I am more optimistic than that. :)

In general I would say its a intriguing thought all right, and one we all share, that we are "not alone" as it were (and we mean intelligent aliens kinda like us, or enough to understand us, by that, not alien trees or bugs), but in reality we are not anywhere near finding that out right now. Though when life is confirmed on other planets, we will be a lot closer to the truth as it were. And yes, you are right, such a discovery will certainly rock a lot of people's little boat, and they will no doubt try and make out its all lies when it does happen, as people like to feel that they are the most important thing ever, and finding life elsewhere would annoy many people and their cherished notions about themselves. It will be interesting, as ever. ;)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
koan

Post by koan »

I've never been compelled to wonder about it.

I've no idea why.

Though a drywaller told me what church the aliens all hang out at.

Didn't even feel compelled to check that out either.

*shrugs*
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

koan;568031 wrote: I've never been compelled to wonder about it.

I've no idea why.

Though a drywaller told me what church the aliens all hang out at.

Didn't even feel compelled to check that out either.

*shrugs*

Maybe you are more worried about the question of whether there is intelligent life here on earth instead, its a valid question init? ;)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
koan

Post by koan »

Galbally;568063 wrote: Maybe you are more worried about the question of whether there is intelligent life here on earth instead, its a valid question init? ;)

*applause*
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

P.S. Whats the name of that church, and more importantly, are there aliens good Catholic aliens or naughty Protestant aliens? They will need to work that out before they visit Belfast, or they will have a rough time. ;)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.

Return to “Paranormal Science”