The Hope of Righteousness.

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

fae;1324033 wrote: When given a choice always do the higher thing no matter how hard,,,that is righteousness, I think... and no one religion owns that....It is universal and is a basic principal in all...

Well I agree, that is the spirit of righteousness. And it is most defitnely universal, it comes from a universal being.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

As long as Hope is not dead, the future has a chance. And when God is in the picture, anything is possible. We can Hope all things, and that covers a lot of ground.

We can Hope for Righteousness, either a self sterilization in which God will bathe us with his Goodness and that will permenently change our being, or we can hope for the Righteousness of others, that God will change their being.

And I want to get into that unity.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If there is anything you don't want to loose, its Hope. As pressure mounts and more troubles come, Hope is the thread that can hold you together. The Hope of Righteousness is that kind of glue. As you see yourself falling apart, the Hope of Righteousness can hold you together. As you see this world falling apart, the Hope of Righteousness can make sense of it.

Hope is an offer of Conscious stability.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

It is a gift to have a stable Conscious, goodness, its a gift to be stable period! Being unstable is a rocky road in life, many many ups and downs that could have been avoided if we lived with more stability. The more unstable we are , the more we force our Hope to be like a graph which shows the lines just going everywhere, nothing steady. In this manner our Hope is not " Trained."

And I want to go into what trained Hope is.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Trained Hope is Hope excercised everyday. Instead of mopeing and getting in those moods of " Woe is me", use those moments to Hope, and excercise your Hope in your mind. Instead of giving up, give it Hope. Instead of thinking its over and you lost, just replace that kind of thinking with a Hope that you may not loose, and that it might not be over. That is MUCH more benefical thinking and it enhances your Consciousness.

And I want to go into Hope and your Consciousness.

Peace.
Dano

Post by Dano »

Mickiel;1321063 wrote: A scripture caught my attention in Galations 5:5;" For we through the Spirit, by Faith, are waiting for the Hope of Righteousness."

I have little Faith and do not have Gods Spirit, but I certainly can relate to " Waiting for the Hope of Righteousness." What does the Hope of Righteousness mean? Righteousness is legitimate virtuous behavior and thinking. Oh how I admire that, and long to have it myself. When you don't have something, its easy to long for it, desire it truthfully. When the bible speaks of it, often to me it seems " Lofty', something out of reach, just hardly real. Yet I know a few people who are like this surreal standard, my mother being one. I mean its just how she really is. There is no fake in her, I know her. And she has been consistantly this way for the 55 years I have observed her.

I am one of those who this thing has passed up, so I " Wait for the Hope of Righteousness" to hit me.

And I think Righteousness is what the world needs. And seriously lacks.

And I want to go into this seemingly fading charactheristic in humans.

Peace.

Was just studying through this one once more myself, renewing my mind on it. Googled to see what others have found when I ran accross your post. Thought I'd share my own understanding on this.

The entire letter to the Galatians was written to correct their false belief they could somehow add to the finished work of Calvary. In that context, Paul's, "For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith" (Gal. 5:15) is a reference to the fact that because of what the Spirit has already done for us, made us righteous in Christ, we already have the hope which righteousness provides - eternal life. As compared to lost people - they have no hope.

In other words, this hope is not the same as, for example, anxiously hoping for a job you're not sure whether or not you'll get, its actually like confidently knowing the job is yours! You have inside information and you know the job is already yours. Unlike other applicants, who have already been turned down, you have a hope. Its that kind of a hope. We have that kind of inside information, in God's Word itself.

What Paul is saying is, look, you already have the hope which your righteousness in Christ resulted in - eternal life. The Spirit did that, He made you the righteousness of God in Christ the moment you believed. Nothing you could or can add to it by your own works. Just as it became yours by faith alone, go and live from that, by faith alone.

As he put it elsewhere, "As ye have received Christ [by faith alone] so walk ye in Him" [by faith alone] (Col. 2:6).

"By faith alone" I mean that whatever works you do, you are to do them out of who God has made you in Christ, not in order to receive that! This is why Paul asks them, "Having begun in the Spirit [by what the Spirit alone did] are you now made perfect [complete] by the flesh" [by what you will do, attempt to add] (Gal. 3:3).

Anyway, I felt the burden you described and wanted to help steer you in a better direction -Dano
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Dano;1327031 wrote: Was just studying through this one once more myself, renewing my mind on it. Googled to see what others have found when I ran accross your post. Thought I'd share my own understanding on this.

The entire letter to the Galatians was written to correct their false belief they could somehow add to the finished work of Calvary. In that context, Paul's, "For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith" (Gal. 5:15) is a reference to the fact that because of what the Spirit has already done for us, made us righteous in Christ, we already have the hope which righteousness provides - eternal life. As compared to lost people - they have no hope.

Anyway, I felt the burden you described and wanted to help steer you in a better direction -Dano

Well thank you for your comments. I Hope that nobody gets Lost, or will be condemned. Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

We can only be Conscious of that we are Conscious of. A simple yet very powerful statement of truth. We will then only Hope for that which we are Conscious of the need to Hope for.

And I want to get into what that means.

Peace.
Glaswegian

Post by Glaswegian »

Mickiel;1321063 wrote: What does the Hope of Righteousness mean? Righteousness is legitimate virtuous behavior and thinking. Oh how I admire that, and long to have it myself. When you don't have something, its easy to long for it, desire it truthfully. When the bible speaks of it, often to me it seems " Lofty', something out of reach, just hardly real. Yet I know a few people who are like this surreal standard, my mother being one. I mean its just how she really is. There is no fake in her, I know her. And she has been consistantly this way for the 55 years I have observed her.

~o0o~

~o0o~

~o0o~

Do you have a girlfriend, Mickiel?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Glaswegian;1328250 wrote: ~o0o~

~o0o~

~o0o~

Do you have a girlfriend, Mickiel?

Why do you ask?

Peace.
Glaswegian

Post by Glaswegian »

Mickiel;1328280 wrote: Why do you ask?

Peace.
The reason why I asked if you have a girlfriend is this:

You say that your mother has reached an extraordinary level of virtuous behaviour and thinking. Therefore, I was wondering whether your girlfriend (or wife, or lover) has also reached this level in your eyes? Or does your girlfriend (or wife, or lover) fall short of the level reached by your mother, Mickiel?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Glaswegian;1328348 wrote: The reason why I asked if you have a girlfriend is this:

You say that your mother has reached an extraordinary level of virtuous behaviour and thinking. Therefore, I was wondering whether your girlfriend (or wife, or lover) has also reached this level in your eyes? Or does your girlfriend (or wife, or lover) fall short of the level reached by your mother, Mickiel?

I have three women that I associate with intimately, their characthers are sufficent enough for me. I do not compare them with my mother, I examine each on the merits that I like in women.I think my relationship with my mother has strongly influenced how I view women, its a training ground you know, we are brought up not knowing what to think, and our parents influence that from birth. So my mom set a certain tone in my mind, which I support with my whole heart. Its just some women I have no desire to deal with. The girls in my life are good women, in my view, and I like their ways and being. I like what their mothers must have influenced them with.

None of them fall short of my desire for them. And their treatment of me.

Peace.
Glaswegian

Post by Glaswegian »

Mickiel;1328506 wrote: I have three women that I associate with intimately, their characthers are sufficent enough for me. I do not compare them with my mother, I examine each on the merits that I like in women.I think my relationship with my mother has strongly influenced how I view women, its a training ground you know, we are brought up not knowing what to think, and our parents influence that from birth. So my mom set a certain tone in my mind, which I support with my whole heart. Its just some women I have no desire to deal with. The girls in my life are good women, in my view, and I like their ways and being. I like what their mothers must have influenced them with.

None of them fall short of my desire for them. And their treatment of me.

Peace.
I would say there are three women I associate with intimately too, Mickiel. But I’m not sexually involved with them - none of these women is my girlfriend, wife or lover. They are good, close friends. No more, no less.

Do any of the three women you mention in your post live with you as your sexual partner?

The reason why I ask is this:

You’ll recall that earlier in the thread I asked whether or not you thought it was possible that a great deal of religious sentiment stems from the unbroken hymen. As you probably know, there is a large body of literature which holds that the sex instinct plays a powerful role in engendering religious sentiment - especially when this instinct has been suppressed.

Would you go along with this view?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Glaswegian;1328531 wrote: I would say there are three women I associate with intimately too, Mickiel. But I’m not sexually involved with them - none of these women is my girlfriend, wife or lover. They are good, close friends. No more, no less.

Do any of the three women you mention in your post live with you as your sexual partner?

The reason why I ask is this:

You’ll recall that earlier in the thread I asked whether or not you thought it was possible that a great deal of religious sentiment stems from the unbroken hymen. As you probably know, there is a large body of literature which holds that the sex instinct plays a powerful role in engendering religious sentiment - especially when this instinct has been suppressed.

Would you go along with this view?

Its probally possible, people get involved with religion for all kinds of reasons. I am not a religious man myself, and won't go as far as to state who I am having sex with online. My intrest and belief in God has nothing to do with sex, as far as I know. I like sex, but I like basketball and swimming, I don't like those because of my belief in God. My belief is seperate from those things, but it is interesting that some relate sex to God, I have never thought of such a thing.

Peace.
Glaswegian

Post by Glaswegian »

Mickiel;1328583 wrote: My intrest and belief in God has nothing to do with sex, as far as I know...but it is interesting that some relate sex to God, I have never thought of such a thing.

The very fact that you have never thought of such a thing could be indicative of severe repression on your part, Mickiel. Or maybe you are just wet behind the ears.

Anyway…

Are you familiar with The Bethany Perversion? Probably you aren’t. So let me provide you with the background to this paraphilia.

According to Morton Smith, the late Professor of ancient history at Columbia University, a clandestine edition of St Mark's Gospel was in existence for some time after the death of Christ - certainly as late as 200 AD. The early Church Father, Clement of Alexandria, was very rubbed by this particular version of St Mark's Gospel because it contained teachings which he viewed as 'unspeakable'. Clement cited a passage from it in which Jesus, having raised a wealthy teenager from the dead in Bethany, became 'over-friendly with him'. Clement quoted from the Gospel as follows:

'After six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God.'

Here is a fuller account of this homosexual encounter:

‘[Jesus and the disciples] came to Bethany and there was a woman there whose brother had died. She came and prostrated herself before Jesus and said to him: "Son of David, pity me". The disciples rebuked her, and Jesus in anger set out with her for the garden where the tomb was. Immediately a loud voice was heard from the tomb and Jesus approached and rolled the stone away from the entrance to the tomb. And going in where the young man was, he stretched out his hand and raised him up taking him by the hand. The young man looked on him and loved him, and began to beseech him that he might be with him. They came out of the tomb and went into the young man's house, for he was rich. After six days Jesus laid a charge on him, and when evening came the young man went to Jesus with a linen robe thrown over his naked body. And he stayed the night with him and Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God.'

What occurred between Jesus and the young man that night long ago has come to be known as The Bethany Perversion, and it has nothing to do with the act of sexual intercourse itself. Rather, it concerns the foreplay leading up to this act. Apparently, the foreplay involved Jesus and the young man getting naked together in bed under a sheet and sticking pins into each other in the dark.

Incidentally, there is a variation on The Bethany Perversion called The Other Bethany Perversion which, needless to say, also occurred in Bethany. But it is so shocking and revolting, Mickiel, that I will only tell you about it if you want me to.

Do you want me to?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Glaswegian;1328707 wrote: But it is so shocking and revolting, Mickiel, that I will only tell you about it if you want me to.

Do you want me to?

Well no, I hold no intrest in such things , I have heard of the speculation before. I hold no intrest in perversion.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

With the Hope of Righteousness comes the desire to change. Is there something within you that even you do not like? Even you want it out, dealt with?

This is the Hope of Righteousness, and I want to get back into that.

Peace.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”