The Hope of Righteousness.

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

A scripture caught my attention in Galations 5:5;" For we through the Spirit, by Faith, are waiting for the Hope of Righteousness."

I have little Faith and do not have Gods Spirit, but I certainly can relate to " Waiting for the Hope of Righteousness." What does the Hope of Righteousness mean? Righteousness is legitimate virtuous behavior and thinking. Oh how I admire that, and long to have it myself. When you don't have something, its easy to long for it, desire it truthfully. When the bible speaks of it, often to me it seems " Lofty', something out of reach, just hardly real. Yet I know a few people who are like this surreal standard, my mother being one. I mean its just how she really is. There is no fake in her, I know her. And she has been consistantly this way for the 55 years I have observed her.

I am one of those who this thing has passed up, so I " Wait for the Hope of Righteousness" to hit me.

And I think Righteousness is what the world needs. And seriously lacks.

And I want to go into this seemingly fading charactheristic in humans.

Peace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

No we need a lot less of it. All around the world the righteous inflict their righteous anger on those they disapprove of in the sure and certain knowledge that what they do is justified by god. The righteous make life hell for everybody given half a chance.

A plague on all their houses.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321072 wrote: No we need a lot less of it. All around the world the righteous inflict their righteous anger on those they disapprove of in the sure and certain knowledge that what they do is justified by god. The righteous make life hell for everybody given half a chance.

A plague on all their houses.

Well you have observed the wrong standard of righteousness, and thus have concluded that to be the correct standard example. I am saddened that many others have observed the same way. People don't need a plague on their houses, they need a clear understanding of what true righteousness really is.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

My hope in life is to one day be as close as I can to being right in all of my ways and being. To have a clear understanding of righteousness and goodness. And to live and think according to those ways. To reach a place in my Consciousness, that all which I do, will be benefical to others.

Pretty lofty goals. Yet they are my true hearts desire.

Is such a thing even possible?

Peace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321082 wrote: Well you have observed the wrong standard of righteousness, and thus have concluded that to be the correct standard example. I am saddened that many others have observed the same way. People don't need a plague on their houses, they need a clear understanding of what true righteousness really is.

Peace.

And why not? If not on an open discussion forum then where? What is it you are afraid of - do you fear having someone questioning your belief may in turn make you question it yourself? Why are religious people so afraid of freethinkers?

You are not in a position to define what a true standard of righteousness is imo but if you believe you are why not have the courage of your convictions? We will probably end up agreeing to disagree but where those who claim to be righteous refuse discourse all it leaves is conflict. Just have look at the middle east where the righteous are on both sides and incapable of discourse. That's why I put it to you we need less righteousness. Is a righteous man flying a plane in to the twin towers more or less righteous than one setting a bomb in omagh?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321094 wrote: And why not? If not on an open discussion forum then where? What is it you are afraid of - do you fear having someone questioning your belief may in turn make you question it yourself? Why are religious people so afraid of freethinkers?

?

I am not a religious person, I consider myself a freethinker. And I fear conversation with no person, I welcome any discussion, I answer all questions asked of me. Yet, unlike you, I don't have a chip on my shoulder about all this, I know were in trouble in this world. Instead of being angry about it, I study it.

And what the world needs now, Is Righteousness.

And it just does not have it.

Andf I want to go into that.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Strange how people assume I am religious just because I believe in God and the bible. Its because in their minds, they cannot be seperated. I am not attracted to religion, but I am attracted to God and HIS righteousness.

That intrest me for sure, and I want to go into that most interesting subject, Righteousness!

Peace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321098 wrote: I am not a religious person, I consider myself a freethinker. And I fear conversation with no person, I welcome any discussion, I answer all questions asked of me. Yet, unlike you, I don't have a chip on my shoulder about all this, I know were in trouble in this world. Instead of being angry about it, I study it.

And what the world needs now, Is Righteousness.

And it just does not have it.

Andf I want to go into that.

Peace.

Strange how people always assume I have chip on my shoulder because I welcome any discussion about religion - and politics come to that. I also am a freethinker but more in the sense of someone who forms opinions on the basis of reason, independent of authority or tradition, and yes whose opinions differ from established religious belief to the extent I am not religious. Synonyms for a freethinker, remember, are skeptic, agnostic; atheist. I've had many an amiable discussion about religion with all shades of the belief spectrum. The only ones I might concede to having a small chip about are the self righteous bigots who believe only they have all the answers and belief that gives them the right to do as they please. You don't need religion to be righteous but religion can make a righteous man a puppet on a string. Without the secularisation of society we would all be still in the dark ages.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321122 wrote: Strange how people always assume I have chip on my shoulder because I welcome any discussion about religion - and politics come to that. I also am a freethinker but more in the sense of someone who forms opinions on the basis of reason, independent of authority or tradition, and yes whose opinions differ from established religious belief to the extent I am not religious. Synonyms for a freethinker, remember, are skeptic, agnostic; atheist. I've had many an amiable discussion about religion with all shades of the belief spectrum. The only ones I might concede to having a small chip about are the self righteous bigots who belief only they have all the answers and believe that gives them the right to do as they please. You don't need religion to be righteous but religion can make a righteous man a puppet on a string. Without the secularisation of society we would all be still in the dark ages.

Well your sounding more reasonable, thats a good thing. You don't have to argue and beat on everyone you discuss things with, and I am in no mood for unreasonable debate. I agree with more of what you say this time. Espically " Religion can make a righteous man a puppet on a string", your profoundly correct there.

Peace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321124 wrote: Well your sounding more reasonable, thats a good thing. You don't have to argue and beat on everyone you discuss things with, and I am in no mood for unreasonable debate. I agree with more of what you say this time. Espically " Religion can make a righteous man a puppet on a string", your profoundly correct there.

Peace.

Surely the whole point of a discussion forum is to discourse with people whose opinions you disagree with? It's a bit pointless if we all just agree with each other. Unreasonable debate to me is when an opinion is expressed and no one is supposed to disagree. You and I are dissenters and protestants an intellectual position that would have got you killed at times in the past had you dared express it. Perhaps it is in the nature of the religious that they cannot tolerate those who will not agree with them. Muslim and christian are both he same, those who will not agree and conform must be silenced at all costs with a righteous wrath against their perfidy.

You yourself are also sounding more reasonable - I'll admit I had you pegged as one of those who quote bits of scripture and think that is the start, middle and end of all discussion and think no one should dare to disagree. Yet again I reiterate we do not need the righteous and their insane anger against those who do not agree with them.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321188 wrote: Surely the whole point of a discussion forum is to discourse with people whose opinions you disagree with? It's a bit pointless if we all just agree with each other. Unreasonable debate to me is when an opinion is expressed and no one is supposed to disagree. You and I are dissenters and protestants an intellectual position that would have got you killed at times in the past had you dared express it. Perhaps it is in the nature of the religious that they cannot tolerate those who will not agree with them. Muslim and christian are both he same, those who will not agree and conform must be silenced at all costs with a righteous wrath against their perfidy.

You yourself are also sounding more reasonable - I'll admit I had you pegged as one of those who quote bits of scripture and think that is the start, middle and end of all discussion and think no one should dare to disagree. Yet again I reiterate we do not need the righteous and their insane anger against those who do not agree with them.

Those who have insane anger are not the Righteous. And you are allowing them to ruin your view of what true Righteousness is.

Peace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321231 wrote: Those who have insane anger are not the Righteous. And you are allowing them to ruin your view of what true Righteousness is.

Peace.

righteous

adjective

righteous

1 morally right and good

Sanity is relative when it comes to religion. They believe themselves to be righteous just as you, presumably, believe you are. Who is more righteous, the suicide bomber or the pilot dropping bombs on cities?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321237 wrote: Sanity is relative when it comes to religion. They believe themselves to be righteous just as you, presumably, believe you are. Who is more righteous, the suicide bomber or the pilot dropping bombs on cities?

I am not a righteous man, and you can search the archives of this site, I have never claimed to be! I am a sinner in search of his God, and have not progressed beyond that. If you care to read what I wrote and do so without your tendency and need to attack, you will plainly see that I said I desire to be righteous. I want to be that way, which is why I named the thread the Hope for Righteousness.

Look, if your in the mood for target practice and need a target to throw your darts at, go find a more suitable target, I am in no mood for senseless bantor, I am serious about what I write. Why waste your time with me, go after those who fit your frustration.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Its obvious that people are upset with the lack of righteousness in this world and the perversion of it. But listen, this is war, and its senseless to just start shooting everybody in your frustration. If you need to vent, vent on yourself, because healing starts with you. Shoot yourself in the foot,

or in the mouth. Stop the killing of conversation that is constructive.

Peace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321241 wrote: I am not a righteous man, and you can search the archives of this site, I have never claimed to be! I am a sinner in search of his God, and have not progressed beyond that. If you care to read what I wrote and do so without your tendency and need to attack, you will plainly see that I said I desire to be righteous. I want to be that way, which is why I named the thread the Hope for Righteousness.

Look, if your in the mood for target practice and need a target to throw your darts at, go find a more suitable target, I am in no mood for senseless bantor, I am serious about what I write. Why waste your time with me, go after those who fit your frustration.

Peace.

You flatter yourself, I'm don't really care whether you consider yourself a righteous man or not. It does surprise me you have not established some kind of moral code for yourself. I was interested in discussing the subject and assumed you were as well else why did you bother posting?

I disagree. we don't need more righteousness. I was making a perfectly serious point which you seem to think is my merely being facetious.

By their own lights those who flew in to the twin towers were committing a righteous act. The pilot dropping bombs on a city also believes his is a righteous act. Both are right. Righteousness is not a fading characteristic but what I suspect you mean is that not many share your concept of what righteousness is, I would explore that. Now if you don't want to discuss it fair enough. But if you want discussion you can only actually do it with people who hold different opinions to yours. If you can't explain why you hold an opinion then IMO that means you don't really have one but are just repeating something you have heard and haven't thought about it. If you get annoyed because someone disagrees with your pet theory then you need to realise that not everyone will agree with you on everything.

If you don't want to discuss it why on earth did you bother starting the thread?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321244 wrote:

If you don't want to discuss it why on earth did you bother starting the thread?

Oh I don't mind discussion, I am just in no mood for aititude in a discussion on Righteousness, or are you surprised that I am just as discusted with your conversation as you are with mine?

Peace.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I keep stopping back into this thread fascinated. I can't decide why, just fascinated..:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

flopstock;1321248 wrote: I keep stopping back into this thread fascinated. I can't decide why, just fascinated..:thinking:

Well these are difficult times and humans have to consistantly deal with a certain " Worldly theme" everyday, and we are affected by it. The theme includes deception, troubles, terror, deceptive politics, erroding peace, and so on. And each of us handle this differently. Its really unrighteousness which is occuring, but it is hidden by many things which people use to get their adgenda accross. Its the adgenda of unrighteousness and its the norm now.

I mean we can post our opinions, and should enjoy that freedom, but what the world needs now is Righteousness, or a standard that can carry us out of this mess. And garentee safe ground.

Peace.
Babe

Post by Babe »

Mickiel;1321063 wrote: A scripture caught my attention in Galations 5:5;" For we through the Spirit, by Faith, are waiting for the Hope of Righteousness."

I have little Faith and do not have Gods Spirit, but I certainly can relate to " Waiting for the Hope of Righteousness." What does the Hope of Righteousness mean? Righteousness is legitimate virtuous behavior and thinking. Oh how I admire that, and long to have it myself. When you don't have something, its easy to long for it, desire it truthfully. When the bible speaks of it, often to me it seems " Lofty', something out of reach, just hardly real. Yet I know a few people who are like this surreal standard, my mother being one. I mean its just how she really is. There is no fake in her, I know her. And she has been consistantly this way for the 55 years I have observed her.

I am one of those who this thing has passed up, so I " Wait for the Hope of Righteousness" to hit me.

Peace.

I've read this thread and the comments you have made with interest, Mickiel. I do have a different perception regarding your interpretation of righteousness though.

We cannot sit and "wait" for righteousness to "hit" us. Ones life must have a purpose. Without purpose, is when one feels they are hanging in the balance of waiting, hoping and desiring something that they feel is unobtainable.

Nobody else can make us content with the balance in our life, but ourself. We cannot preach what righteousness is or should be. It is for ourself that we should strive to find our own purpose in life, before it could possibly benefit others.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Babe;1321253 wrote: I've read this thread and the comments you have made with interest, Mickiel. I do have a different perception regarding your interpretation of righteousness though.

We cannot sit and "wait" for righteousness to "hit" us. Ones life must have a purpose. Without purpose, is when one feels they are hanging in the balance of waiting, hoping and desiring something that they feel is unobtainable.

Nobody else can make us content with the balance in our life, but ourself. We cannot preach what righteousness is or should be. It is for ourself that we should strive to find our own purpose in life, before it could possibly benefit others.

Well I actually agree with you, but with an observation. One, I think righteousness is a given, not something we can " Take on ourselves." Its a gift I think, and its just not something that self can decide as you seem to suggest. I think we have the ability to live as best we can on our own, but the Righteousness I am refering too is not a self attained thing. Its just a much higher standard that I think requires higher help to attain.

But lets just say your right, then how come we do not see much more of it in humans? I mean the desire for it is there, why not then do we have so less of it?

Peace.
Babe

Post by Babe »

Mickiel;1321255 wrote: Well I actually agree with you, but with an observation. One, I think righteousness is a given, not something we can " Take on ourselves." Its a gift I think, and its just not something that self can decide as you seem to suggest. I think we have the ability to live as best we can on our own, but the Righteousness I am refering too is not a self attained thing. Its just a much higher standard that I think requires higher help to attain.

But lets just say your right, then how come we do not see much more of it in humans? I mean the desire for it is there, why not then do we have so less of it?

Peace.

You've heard the expression, "can't see the forest for the trees." Sometimes, people are so focused on the negative, that they cannot see the good in others. You cannot change others. You only have the ability to change yourself. And everything starts with YOU.

We all have a moral compass and values that we were brought up with, embedded into us when we were young by parents, church, teachers, etc. As we grew up, we chose what to hold onto and what to change, if anything. That makes us who we are today.

Humans have to find balance between family, careers, community, leisure time and self. When that balance is obtained, then, and only then do we find peace within ourself. We do not want or long for anything.

I believe righteousness is obtained for oneself through one's actions.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321247 wrote: Oh I don't mind discussion, I am just in no mood for aititude in a discussion on Righteousness, or are you surprised that I am just as discusted with your conversation as you are with mine?

Peace.

It's difficult to have a discussion without an "attitude". Mine is I disagree with you.

Well these are difficult times and humans have to consistantly deal with a certain " Worldly theme" everyday, and we are affected by it. The theme includes deception, troubles, terror, deceptive politics, erroding peace, and so on. And each of us handle this differently. Its really unrighteousness which is occuring, but it is hidden by many things which people use to get their adgenda accross. Its the adgenda of unrighteousness and its the norm now.

No it is not the lack of righteousness that is causing the problem. It's the exact opposite - too many people who think their way is the righteous one and god help anyone who gets in their way.

Well I actually agree with you, but with an observation. One, I think righteousness is a given, not something we can " Take on ourselves." Its a gift I think, and its just not something that self can decide as you seem to suggest. I think we have the ability to live as best we can on our own, but the Righteousness I am refering too is not a self attained thing. Its just a much higher standard that I think requires higher help to attain.

Once again I disagree with you. Righteousness is not a given. It may be your belief is is a given but that is a nonsense imo. Who decides what is righteous and what is not? What is this higher help you refer to. Those who flew in to the twin towers had higher help - they were righteous men believing in a higher cause than themselves. British pilots area bombing cities with the deliberate intent of slaughtering as many civilians as possible in ww2 were righteous men who believed in a cause higher than themselves. Who else but they is responsible for their own behaviour?

I'm not disgusted with your conversation I'm just saddened that you are another who just posts to invite discussion and bleats when challenged.

babe

We all have a moral compass and values that we were brought up with, embedded into us when we were young by parents, church, teachers, etc. As we grew up, we chose what to hold onto and what to change, if anything. That makes us who we are today.

Now that I would agree with. I would add that you might need to realise that in some matters those who set your moral compass were completely wrong. It's funny, we can all accept that those who turn away from violence are righteous people but have difficulty accepting that those who use it to achieve their ends are also equally righteous. It's not more righteous we need it's more people ready to think for themselves and not let others set their moral compass for them.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1321276 wrote: It's difficult to have a discussion without an "attitude". Mine is I disagree with you.

I hold no intrest in you, or what you think.

Peace.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Mickiel;1321296 wrote: I hold no intrest in you, or what you think.

Peace.

Why? Because he doesn't agree with you?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1321296 wrote: I hold no intrest in you, or what you think.

Peace.

Your loss sunshine - might have made you think a bit. Posting on a discussion forum with the intention of only discoursing with those who share your views is like mental masturbation. Momentarily pleasing but a bit pointless.
xyz

Post by xyz »

Mickiel;1321063 wrote: A scripture caught my attention in Galations 5:5;" For we through the Spirit, by Faith, are waiting for the Hope of Righteousness."

I have little Faith and do not have Gods Spirit, but I certainly can relate to " Waiting for the Hope of Righteousness." What does the Hope of Righteousness mean?
This verse has not been well translated. It needs to be put into the context of people trying to gain acceptance by God by doing works being told that this is worse than useless.

'Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you allow yourselves to be circumcised, it means that Christ is of no use to you at all. Once more, I warn any man who allows himself to be circumcised that he is obliged to obey the whole Law. Those of you who try to be put right with God by obeying the Law have cut yourselves off from Christ. You are outside God's grace. Instead, you should wait for the realisation of your confidence that God will put you right with him; and this is what we wait for, by the power of God's Spirit working through our faith- because when we are in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor the lack of it makes any difference at all; what matters is faith that works through love.' Gal 5:2-6
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

xyz;1321925 wrote: This verse has not been well translated. It needs to be put into the context of people trying to gain acceptance by God by doing works being told that this is worse than useless.

'Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you allow yourselves to be circumcised, it means that Christ is of no use to you at all. Once more, I warn any man who allows himself to be circumcised that he is obliged to obey the whole Law. Those of you who try to be put right with God by obeying the Law have cut yourselves off from Christ. You are outside God's grace. Instead, you should wait for the realisation of your confidence that God will put you right with him; and this is what we wait for, by the power of God's Spirit working through our faith- because when we are in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor the lack of it makes any difference at all; what matters is faith that works through love.' Gal 5:2-6

I like this scripture, espically the suggestion that God will " Put you right with him." It implys that this is a thing " God does for the human", yet we stress ourselves daily with trying to " Get ourselves Right." We handicap our mentalitys.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

YZGI;1321298 wrote: Why? Because he doesn't agree with you?

No, its his spirit. I don't like his spirit. Its the kind of spirit that will speak with you, and at any time will crush you, try to embarass you, disrespect you, contridict you, and the list goes on and on.

And I just grow tired of it at times. At times I can take it, just absorb all the punishment being dished out, all the aittitude;

But at other times, I am just not in the mood for it.

Peace.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I've had disagreements with gmc. I don't find him disrespectful, crushing or embarrassing. Contradictory I'll grant you. :) Perhaps you are being a touch oversensitive?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Clodhopper;1322658 wrote: I've had disagreements with gmc. I don't find him disrespectful, crushing or embarrassing. Contradictory I'll grant you. :) Perhaps you are being a touch oversensitive?

I am being descriptive of how he treated me.

Peace.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

gmc doesn't need me to defend him. I'm taking a risk that he'll resent me chipping in here. But people from the UK are different to Americans (not better or worse, just different). An attack on your argument may be ferocious, but it is an attack on your argument, not you. You missed an opportunity today.

Anyway, long past my bedtime! Goodnight!

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Clodhopper;1322754 wrote: gmc doesn't need me to defend him. I'm taking a risk that he'll resent me chipping in here. But people from the UK are different to Americans (not better or worse, just different). An attack on your argument may be ferocious, but it is an attack on your argument, not you. You missed an opportunity today.

Anyway, long past my bedtime! Goodnight!

I missed nothing, I rejected something. I am in no mood for the ferocious, I am in the mood for discussion on righteousness. And it matters not to me where people come from, if they are in need for a target for their agression, then if they pick me, it will be done so in respect. I don't mind disagreement, but I will be respected, because I give it.

Peace.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I saw nothing that indicated a lack of respect. And you won't get much discussion on righteousness now. Some nice comfortable agreement, perhaps, but nothing testing. Best of luck to you. Cheerio.

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Clodhopper;1322813 wrote: I saw nothing that indicated a lack of respect. And you won't get much discussion on righteousness now. Some nice comfortable agreement, perhaps, but nothing testing. Best of luck to you. Cheerio.

Good, go test someonelses post.

Agreement is part of Righteousness, the Unity of it. This whole triad with GMC is evidence that I can use. Instead of searching for agreement and unity, we prowl the internet like dogs in search of a subject to bite and tear at and rip apart. We need to vent rather than to reason, its because there is no righteousness in our desire to communicate.

And I want to go into how this has affected our communication.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1322845 wrote: Good, go test someonelses post.

Agreement is part of Righteousness, the Unity of it. This whole triad with GMC is evidence that I can use. Instead of searching for agreement and unity, we prowl the internet like dogs in search of a subject to bite and tear at and rip apart. We need to vent rather than to reason, its because there is no righteousness in our desire to communicate.

And I want to go into how this has affected our communication.

Peace.

When there is righteousness in a conversation, you will have sound good behavior, sane conduct, healthy benefical outcome, fitting language, upright truthfulness, accurate efforts in the facts, peaceful order and no false labeling of the other. This is righteous conversation, and many are NOT in search of this, and not " Accoustomed to it." Because its not the norm. Unrighteous conversation filtered with sarcasm has become the norm, so it is what people go after. Its the " Spirit" they bring with them into a conversation, looking to ruin and add frustration rather than reason.

Peace.
Shimon

Post by Shimon »

Mickiel;1322848 wrote: When there is righteousness in a conversation, you will have sound good behavior, sane conduct, healthy benefical outcome, fitting language, upright truthfulness, accurate efforts in the facts, peaceful order and no false labeling of the other. This is righteous conversation, and many are NOT in search of this, and not " Accoustomed to it." Because its not the norm. Unrighteous conversation filtered with sarcasm has become the norm, so it is what people go after. Its the " Spirit" they bring with them into a conversation, looking to ruin and add frustration rather than reason.

Peace.

There is an old story about a Rabbi traveling for several hours, They stopped to eat and asked the resturant owner About standards of kashrut (the laws of kosher)Their discussion of the kashrut standard of the food they were continued throughout the meal, as they inquired after the source of every ingredient in everything they ate.

a voice came from behind the oven, where an old beggar was resting . Dear Jews, he said,are you as careful with what comes out of your mouth as you are with what enters into it?"

There is a law called Laws of Lashon Hara which literally means bad talk

lashon hara Laws are too lengthy to include here but includes all forms of negative speech (not that it is followed closely)
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Shimon;1322902 wrote: There is an old story about a Rabbi traveling for several hours, They stopped to eat and asked the resturant owner About standards of kashrut (the laws of kosher)Their discussion of the kashrut standard of the food they were continued throughout the meal, as they inquired after the source of every ingredient in everything they ate.

a voice came from behind the oven, where an old beggar was resting . Dear Jews, he said,are you as careful with what comes out of your mouth as you are with what enters into it?"

There is a law called Laws of Lashon Hara which literally means bad talk

lashon hara Laws are too lengthy to include here but includes all forms of negative speech (not that it is followed closely)

Interesting story and a very good point. The bible holds a simular story. The theme is to be just as careful about what we speak, as what we eat. Its not what goes in a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his mouth.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The Hope for Righteousness is a hope for change, because Righteousness has gone away. We are just surviving on instinct, in some instances we are living simular to animals. Acting and reacting, displaying habitual behavior. Arrogant aittitudes just floating in the air, its as if everyone is affected by it. Negative aittitudes in the workforce, never thinking anything good about the hand that feeds you and your family. Unrighteous managers and supervisors making our jobs a living pain. Neighbors afraid of even getting to know you.

Is there Hope for Righteousness in humanity?

Peace.
Shimon

Post by Shimon »

What you are going through is called the revelation of evil, this is the revelation of how opposite one's properties are to the Creator.

“And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness” (Genesis 1, 4).

One begins to analyze his properties and begins an understanding of what is evil and what is good (light,darkness)The separation of these properties forms the first step toward correction. That is the first day of man’s Creation within himself. In Torah it is The First Day of Creation.

To do this you must feel the evil in and around you

by your post I think you have noticed a bit of evil, I could explain it better in Hebrew but I know how feel about that.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

One of the most simple desires we can have, is the desire to do what is right. That is Righteousness in a simple nutshelll. The best time to have this desire is from your youth up. If a young person has this desire " In them", nothing is of more value in their lives.

Because a whole spectrum of things can root from it.

Peace.
Shimon

Post by Shimon »

Is there one burning question that you keep asking yourself over and over again?

and if there is what is it?
Glaswegian

Post by Glaswegian »

Shimon;1323360 wrote: Is there one burning question that you keep asking yourself over and over again?

and if there is what is it?
"When will I grow up?" :)
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Glaswegian;1323363 wrote: "When will I grow up?" :)

I can certainly relate to this answer. When will I grow up, and then out. Out of my weaknesses, out of my lack of self control, out of my ignorance, out of my stagnation. And the self honest realization of knowing all these things, is the Hope for Righteousness.

Peace.
Glaswegian

Post by Glaswegian »

Mickiel;1323342 wrote: One of the most simple desires we can have, is the desire to do what is right. That is Righteousness in a simple nutshelll. The best time to have this desire is from your youth up. If a young person has this desire " In them", nothing is of more value in their lives.

Because a whole spectrum of things can root from it.

Peace.
Tell me, Mickiel: do you think it’s possible that a great deal of religious sentiment stems from the unbroken hymen?

And I want to go into that. :)
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Glaswegian;1323390 wrote: Tell me, Mickiel: do you think it’s possible that a great deal of religious sentiment stems from the unbroken hymen?

And I want to go into that. :)

Religious sentiment exist in many who are religious, I myself am not religious. Perhaps its best you ask that from a religious person. I am a supersticous man, non traditional , outside of mainstream believers, and unorthodox in my belief. So these are the kind of answers people will get when they question me, be they serious or not. I am not given to sarcasm, and tend to be as honest as I can, in my imperfection.

But I do my best in writing.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

You ever just wish to yourself that certain things would change, or that certain situations could be set right? You want to see some kind of justice, something that could benefit the people involved because you see they are being deceptive and unreasonable about the whole thing.

Well that is a Hope for Righteousness.

You ever just observe your children, you see them doing things, thinking things, which you just know is going to hurt them in the future. They are attracted to something you see a bit of danger or evil in. You long for them to reconize it for themselves.

Well that is the Hope of Righteousness,

And I want to go into that. And how we can actually instill this Hope into others.

Peace.
Shimon

Post by Shimon »

Everything , good and bad, in the world, has a right to exist. Like when fruit tastes bitter when its not ripe, it is not considered a flaw in the fruit, its just that the fruit has not yet completed its development. when something is bad and harmful to us.it's still in a transition phase.

Take world reformers and politicians Preaching about hell and destruction,and how bad things are. They regarded man as a machine that is not operating properly and needs fixing, like being able to remove the broken parts and replace them with good ones. But because God watches over all the elements in His Creation, bad attributes will turn to good and useful ones.like the fruit on the tree when its growth is complete and then it tastes good.

All religions talk about the wrong in this world and a reward in the next because someone died for our sins or some other quick fix.

When we learn His ways, Only then we will justify the Creator and his goal. But before that, we will condemn him despite all the beautiful words and phrases.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Shimon;1323691 wrote: Everything , good and bad, in the world, has a right to exist. Like when fruit tastes bitter when its not ripe, it is not considered a flaw in the fruit, its just that the fruit has not yet completed its development. when something is bad and harmful to us.it's still in a transition phase..

Well this explains the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil which God planted, ( meaning he established these two ways of being on earth). However , I disagree with the implication that Jesus dying for our sins was NOT a quick fix, I think it was. I understand you being Jewish would think as such, but I believe in Jesus death and the incredible benefits the world as a whole will reap from it. Jesus IS the Hope of Righteousness, I draw the line on that one. We just have to agree to disagree.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

A world without Hope would be an empty shell. Life, but " Dry Life", barren of future continuance in our beings, we have to have Hope for something. I Hope that Life continues and never comes to an end. Its so precious, it needs to progress on. But it does not need corruption and evil to progress on with it, so there needs to be a seperation and end to evil, Righteousness needs to prevail.

Peace.
fae

Post by fae »

When given a choice always do the higher thing no matter how hard,,,that is righteousness, I think... and no one religion owns that....It is universal and is a basic principal in all...

Return to “General Religious Discussions”