Software Upgrade Has Begun...

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

May I ask if we are to have the "Todays Posts" link, as we had before. I know we have a "New Posts" link but as soon as you reply to a thread it disappears. All threads used to stay in the todays posts and it was easier to find them. If this question has already been addressed then I will get me coat and call meself a taxi :o
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

Snowfire;1318580 wrote: May I ask if we are to have the "Todays Posts" link, as we had before. I know we have a "New Posts" link but as soon as you reply to a thread it disappears. All threads used to stay in the todays posts and it was easier to find them. If this question has already been addressed then I will get me coat and call meself a taxi :o

I'll work on it - but it only disappears after *you post something. As soon as someone posts something...it will re-appear for you. So the functionality is exactly the same.
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

abbey;1318577 wrote: Where's the arcade and how do I get back to the home page from here:confused:

workin'!

back to home page right now is: forumgarden.com
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Forumgarden;1318581 wrote: I'll work on it - but it only disappears after *you post something. As soon as someone posts something...it will re-appear for you. So the functionality is exactly the same.
I see your in disguise. That mustache didn't fool me Tombstone.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

abbey;1318577 wrote: Where's the arcade and how do I get back to the home page from here:confused:

arcade is not really ready...but if you need to get to it -

www.forumgarden.com/forums/arcade.php
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
theia

Post by theia »

Tombstone;1318591 wrote: arcade is not really ready...but if you need to get to it -

www.forumgarden.com/forums/arcade.php

Phew, thank you, Tombstone...I won't use it yet if it's not ready but at least I can get my arcade fix by looking at it :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Post by spot »

Sittin' and watchin' him work is quite therapeutic, I could do this for hours.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1318580 wrote: May I ask if we are to have the "Todays Posts" link, as we had before. I know we have a "New Posts" link but as soon as you reply to a thread it disappears. All threads used to stay in the todays posts and it was easier to find them. If this question has already been addressed then I will get me coat and call meself a taxi :o

Grab this link and drag it to your browser toolbar and drop it there. That's the one you used to use and it still works, it's just not available until Tombstone patches it back onto the site's menu bar.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Forumgarden;1318582 wrote: workin'!

back to home page right now is: forumgarden.com

then I won't even complain yet that some of my smilies look decapitated....:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1318596 wrote: Grab this link and drag it to your browser toolbar and drop it there. That's the one you used to use and it still works, it's just not available until Tombstone patches it back onto the site's menu bar.

Thats the newly set up page for "new posts"

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Thanks for the link Spot, yes it brings up the posts in the same way that 'today's posts' did :)
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1318617 wrote: Thanks for the link Spot, yes it brings up the posts in the same way that 'today's posts' did :)

I didnt spot that. I'm a little slow :D

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1318622 wrote: I didnt spot that. I'm a little slow :D

hehehe :lips::D:wah:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1318596 wrote: Grab this link and drag it to your browser toolbar and drop it there. That's the one you used to use and it still works, it's just not available until Tombstone patches it back onto the site's menu bar.

Please disregard my last exhibition of slowness-of-mind. It works thanks

Winston Churchill
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

you da man.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Lookin' Good, TS. :)

Where do I go to find my most recent posts?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

along-for-the-ride;1318672 wrote: Lookin' Good, TS. :)

Where do I go to find my most recent posts?

just added....look above at "My Tools"
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Tombstone;1318674 wrote: just added....look above at "My Tools"

Those are your most recent replies..........not mine. :wah: I see alot of Tombstones, but no Along-for-the-Rides. I'm looking for myself. :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

along-for-the-ride;1318680 wrote: Those are your most recent replies..........not mine. :wah: I see alot of Tombstones, but no Along-for-the-Rides. I'm looking for myself. :wah:

:wah: It's all Tombstone's in 'My topics' too
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Got it! Thanks.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1318688 wrote: :wah: It's all Tombstone's in 'My topics' too

mine to!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
theia

Post by theia »

Many thanks for putting the arcade back, Tombstone
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Is this the final colour sceme and font ?

I cant read the font that is here on white background it hurts my eyes.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

fuzzywuzzy;1318978 wrote: Is this the final colour sceme and font ?

I cant read the font that is here on white background it hurts my eyes.

Try going to TOOLS on your PC. Scroll down to INTERNET OPTIONS. Click on ACCESSIBLITY. Check the box IGNORE FONT SIZES SPECIFIED ON WEBPAGES. Click OK.
spot

Post by spot »

Mustang;1318997 wrote: Try going to TOOLS on your PC. Scroll down to INTERNET OPTIONS. Click on ACCESSIBLITY. Check the box IGNORE FONT SIZES SPECIFIED ON WEBPAGES. Click OK.

That does tend to screw the entire rest of the Internet while cracking a very small nut.

Most browsers will allow permanent site-specific css overrides to, for example, the background colour, without forcibly changing it world-wide.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

A very interesting addition, I noticed, on the 'Home' page, left column right at the bottom - 'Feedjit' touch of 'google earth' methinks. I love looking at maps! Thank you TS :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Since your "upgrade" I keep getting error messages in a few minutes after I get on, then the site goes off. So, guess it's bye-bye for me.
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1319052 wrote: Since your "upgrade" I keep getting error messages in a few minutes after I get on, then the site goes off. So, guess it's bye-bye for me.

don't you even think about leaving!:-5

Tombstone will straighten everything up for you.
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1319052 wrote: Since your "upgrade" I keep getting error messages in a few minutes after I get on, then the site goes off. So, guess it's bye-bye for me.

It would help a great deal if you could transcribe the error messages exactly, that way they can be looked up and the problem can be fixed. Does "get on" mean power up, or start the browser, or look at ForumGarden? Does "goes off" mean times out or gives an unobtainable message?
spot

Post by spot »

Tombstone, is it time to post oddities yet?

"Find all posts" for any user shows (at the moment) just the last 48 hours' postings followed by (for spot anyway) all posts prior to 07-15-2005 07:51 PM. For Nomad's profile it's 07-17-2005 05:18 AM so it does look like it's date related and not, say, the earliest 500. Possibly there's a partial index somewhere, created a couple of days ago, that indexed up to July 2005 and stopped rather than came up to date, which has subsequently been updated with all posts since then.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Great:rolleyes:I have to look at adverts in peoples posts now:rolleyes::-3

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hoppy, there's bound to be a simple reason for this. Either spot or TS will sort it, provided you give them the exact wording and sequence of these messages. Just a thought - have you scanned or defragged your PC lately?
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

can i ask if the mods or Tombstone is aware of the add in peoples posts? its proper ads right in peoples posts, i think somehting like this happened before once, mind i think its only non paying members who can see them:confused:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

kazalala;1319114 wrote: can i ask if the mods or Tombstone is aware of the add in peoples posts? its proper ads right in peoples posts, i think somehting like this happened before once, mind i think its only non paying members who can see them:confused:

What is the ad about? I'm afraid I can't see it! Is it possible for you to C & P it?:-3
Peg

Post by Peg »

kazalala;1319114 wrote: can i ask if the mods or Tombstone is aware of the add in peoples posts? its proper ads right in peoples posts, i think somehting like this happened before once, mind i think its only non paying members who can see them:confused:

I sent this back to the mod area for hopefully TS to see kaz. I'm not getting the ads either.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1319116 wrote: What is the ad about? I'm afraid I can't see it! Is it possible for you to C & P it?:-3

no i tried copying and pasting it ,, dont work ,, its a square ad that we used to have at the top sometimes.. all different ones in different peoples posts. i was advertising that game about building a roman empire or sumat... someone else was advertising carpet cleaner,,,

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Peg;1319118 wrote: I sent this back to the mod area for hopefully TS to see kaz. I'm not getting the ads either.

no i dont think the paying members see them ,, thats what has me wondering:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1319122 wrote: no i dont think the paying members see them ,, thats what has me wondering:thinking:

None of the moderator accounts are capable of replicating what you can see. I have a testspotwithnomembership account but I'd rather have explicit moderator permission before I logged in with it.
spot

Post by spot »

Viewing the thread as a guest doesn't bring the ads up. That's not to say kaz is wrong but... kaz, could you log in with a different browser please and see if it goes away? I'm just wondering whether it's related to any toolbar you might have acquired.
spot

Post by spot »

Ooooh - I just saw one. Kaz, is it just in the first post of each thread, as opposed to every post?
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1319132 wrote: Ooooh - I just saw one. Kaz, is it just in the first post of each thread, as opposed to every post?

yes,,, well not always the first post , but maybe one a page

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1319134 wrote: yes,,, well not always the first post , but maybe one a page

If it bothers you and you're using Firefox, adblock will remove all traces of all adverts from the site. Not that I'm recommending it, since FG's financial stability rests on advertising to some extent, but it's a personal choice you might like to adopt.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

kazalala;1319134 wrote: yes,,, well not always the first post , but maybe one a page

It's a possibility those ads will show up for non-supporting members Kaz.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Mustang;1319139 wrote: It's a possibility those ads will show up for non-supporting members Kaz.

but not guests?:confused:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1319140 wrote: but not guests?:confused:

Guests too - I was mistaken. I'd assumed my Firefox's adblock needed an explicit command to remove those ads but it's actually built-in. Viewing it with my Internet Explorer as a guest, they show.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1319136 wrote: If it bothers you and you're using Firefox, adblock will remove all traces of all adverts from the site. Not that I'm recommending it, since FG's financial stability rests on advertising to some extent, but it's a personal choice you might like to adopt.

im using google chrome at the minute,,, was just wondering about it really, i'll see how it goes:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

kazalala;1319140 wrote: but not guests?:confused:

I just logged off and viewed the threads as a guest. Yes, the ads appear in the first post of every page.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1319143 wrote: im using google chrome at the minute,,, was just wondering about it really, i'll see how it goes:)

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... kkbiglidom
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

spot;1319094 wrote: It would help a great deal if you could transcribe the error messages exactly, that way they can be looked up and the problem can be fixed. Does "get on" mean power up, or start the browser, or look at ForumGarden? Does "goes off" mean times out or gives an unobtainable message?

It just did it again. A box appears saying something about an illegal operation. when I try to remove it something about abort comes on, then i'm back to start-up screen.
spot

Post by spot »

hoppy;1319168 wrote: It just did it again. A box appears saying something about an illegal operation. when I try to remove it something about abort comes on, then i'm back to start-up screen.

Great. I'll google that then, shall I.

Return to “News and Announcements”