Lemme Know?

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085929 wrote: Hes right, that bridge is something, but the hills all around the coast are beautiful too.

They bay itself is quite striking, its so large you can imagine it. There is one brige across the bay, (The San Mateo Bridge) its in the south bay, that takes you about 12 minutes at 50 MPH to cross it. Its such a big bay it takes that long to cross it.

Same with the richmond-san rafaell bridge! Its a logn one!

And then there is the Dumbarton Bridge that crosses from Redwood City. They all take several minutes to cross...ya that bay is quite large.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1085926 wrote: It is. There is more garlic in the air then in the dishes at that place!

Oh ya...you know you are gettin there before you get there....lol
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085932 wrote: Oh I got more!

You cant imagine! We have a lot of fun on the jobs we do too! :yh_rotfl

That cleaner by the way, is a citrus based cleaner so it didnt hurt the bird either in fact, I wash my dog with it now! I thought it would dry her skin but it doesn't!

Ever eat in berkeley??

Theres a great place I like to reccommend, the food is just out of this world fantastic, its called 'Sea Salt' and its off San Pablo Avenue near Gillman. I dont knwo what it is that these guys do tot he food, but everythign is really really good, its moderatly priced too, a typical meal will cast you 14-16 bucks.

Now that more within my budget. Sea Salt...I will keep that in mind next time I am going through Berkeley. For some reason I dont go there much though...dont know why.
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Odie and JAB. I just had a neat walk, and it's now back to the packing!! Wildhorses - I think it's Tenderloin the Aussies apparently originally corrupted. :sneaky: Of course, I don't believe a word of it. I love clam chowder, and crab too. Think I had the best Asian seafood I've ever eaten somewhere round Geary Street (and Australia has great Asian restaurants, and so does Asia.. grin).

And I love North Beach. A couple of years ago I was there with my youngest daughter - the one who now lives in Paris. She was 17 then. I wanted to find Jack Kerourac Lane, sort of a pilgrimage because I'd just read 'On the Road' - and I found the back end of it.. and it was full of cables. So we climbed over all that and emerged right bang in the middle of a film set - as J Lo strutted her stuff across the road. Just trying to think of the name of the film - it was about domestic violence anyway. Enough? The police had blocked off everything at the front, but not the back.. and they thought we were part of the film crew. When Romy got back to school, her status soared!!!

My husband fell off the Golden Gate Bridge. Not the wet side, the road side - and broke a finger. I wasn't in the city at that time. The locals and the hospital were apparently great.

Now you've all got me wanting to pack my bags... heck I am packing my bags. Between houses that is. Sigh
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Where in Kansas, Jester? My friend Okie, who posts in here from time to time, took me for a road trip one Halloween up into the Flint Hills. And on the way back the Interstate was flooded and we got sort of marooned in Wichita. The sunflower state.

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085935 wrote: It is something! I spent the first 17 years of my life In Kansas with one trip out to CA to this area when I was 12, the first time I saw the ocean I knew God was so awesome that there was nothing to compare with in all the world!

That year here I hiked to wildcat beach at Point Reyes and slept right on the beach! It was one of my first 'backpacking' trips. We didnt call it that where I was from.

Great memories!

Sleeping on the beach is quite an experience. I have done it once or twice, but not in recent years. There is some riff raff there at night so its not so safe as before. But the times I did do it, it was great. To wake up to the waves...and the sea air...of course those stupid sea gulls were there...they chit on my backpack, but hey nothing in life is perfect.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

AussiePam;1085936 wrote: Hi Odie and JAB. I just had a neat walk, and it's now back to the packing!! Wildhorses - I think it's Tenderloin the Aussies apparently originally corrupted. :sneaky: Of course, I don't believe a word of it. I love clam chowder, and crab too. Think I had the best Asian seafood I've ever eaten somewhere round Geary Street (and Australia has great Asian restaurants, and so does Asia.. grin).

And I love North Beach. A couple of years ago I was there with my youngest daughter - the one who now lives in Paris. She was 17 then. I wanted to find Jack Kerourac Lane, sort of a pilgrimage because I'd just read 'On the Road' - and I found the back end of it.. and it was full of cables. So we climbed over all that and emerged right bang in the middle of a film set - as J Lo strutted her stuff across the road. Just trying to think of the name of the film - it was about domestic violence anyway. Enough? The police had blocked off everything at the front, but not the back.. and they thought we were part of the film crew. When Romy got back to school, her status soared!!!

My husband fell off the Golden Gate Bridge. Not the wet side, the road side - and broke a finger. I wasn't in the city at that time. The locals and the hospital were apparently great.

Now you've all got me wanting to pack my bags... heck I am packing my bags. Between houses that is. Sigh

Ahhhh.....yes ....the Tenderloin. Yep kinda rough. But regardless there are some historic restaurants in that area, and believe it or not there are some very nice hotels too. The Hilton has one there. The Handlery is fairly nice. And there are several other Boutique type smaller hotels there....all fairly nice. So it isnt all bad. You have to be very very careful at night though....it can really be rough.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

AussiePam;1085936 wrote: Hi Odie and JAB. I just had a neat walk, and it's now back to the packing!! Wildhorses - I think it's Tenderloin the Aussies apparently originally corrupted. :sneaky: Of course, I don't believe a word of it. I love clam chowder, and crab too. Think I had the best Asian seafood I've ever eaten somewhere round Geary Street (and Australia has great Asian restaurants, and so does Asia.. grin).

Oh the movie makers. They are kind of....not our favorite. They have all the streets blocked off and take up all the parking spaces which are not that easy to come by, and wake us all up at like five in the morning. This goes on for days till they are finished.
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

JAB;1085941 wrote: Hiya Pammie! Wow, is there a place where you haven't been? You tell some neat stories whenever you mention a place.

I was just telling WH about The Stinking Rose in North Beach. Yummy food that is smothered in garlic - even the dessert!

Just one or two, JAB !!!!! grin... I've spent a lot of time in the States, over the years, and in Britain and parts of Europe too. Family, friends and work stuff. Hardly been in Asia, never in Africa, never in South America, never in the Middle East.

How are you?

I LOVE garlic!!

And yes I guess photogenic iconic spots get movie makers, Wildhorses. Same in London, Paris and even Sydney. But when you're a 17 year old girl and get to be in the same space are real live movie stars - it's LIKE WAY COOL !!!!! :-6

Flint Hills, Jester... mmmm... we'd been in Eureka Springs in Arkansas and it was autumn. WOW on the colours!! We'd been carving Halloween punkins there and I had this crazy urge to go to ElDorado, KS. For Halloween. I can't remember exactly why. Anyway, we didn't make it. We got as far as Iola, and followed the kids there doing their trick o treat. The parents were a bit suspicious till I spoke with an Aussie accent and explained that, Down Under, we are kinda Halloween deprived.. so they let us tag along for educational poiposes. Then the local school was doing a lingerie party, Halloween themed, in a local restaurant and that was loads of fun too. What to do with the carved punkins? The next morning we drove up into the Flint HIlls. It snowed.. I wonder if the unsuspecting farmer whose gate posts we adorned was one of your family??? I'll see if I can find the pic..

Attached files

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

AussiePam;1085945 wrote: Just one or two, JAB !!!!! grin... I've spent a lot of time in the States, over the years, and in Britain and parts of Europe too. Family and work stuff. Hardly been in Asia, never in Africa, never in South America, never in the Middle East.

How are you?

I LOVE garlic!!

And yes I guess photogenic iconic spots get movie makers, Wildhorses. Same in London, Paris and even Sydney. But when you're a 17 year old girl and get to be in the same space are real live movie stars - it's LIKE WAY COOL !!!!! :-6

Oh ya....it would be cool for a 17 year old. Glad she was able to have that experience. And I do like to see my city in movies. It brings me closer to the movie....I enjoy it. So I really shouldnt complain too much. But 5 am...geez.
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Okie said a while back he didn't mind if I posted pics of the roadie trips, so I guess it's okay. Can't find the one of me. I'm doing a kind of dance, and there's snow in my hair. Maybe it's just as well. Grin.

AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

JAB;1085948 wrote: I'm just peachy as I like to say! One more week of work and then I'm off for a week for Christmas. YeeHaw!

I love traveling too tho I don't do it nearly as often as you. The fam has a Mediterranean cruise planned for next summer so I'll be spending my big 50 b-day in Rome. Rough, huh? :D

Gosh. Rome!!!!!!!!!!! How lovely. And a mediterranean cruise. Only a few months away too. Yup, life can be tough!!

--

Jester - as you can see from the pics, I'm not very good at carving pumpkins.

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085951 wrote: I got to take off guys, got stuff ta do...

Wild, great yakin at ya and getting to know you better!

Bless ya stay safe in SF!

Pam, thanks for the coffee that hit the spot.

Night all!

Nite Jester....nice talking to ya.
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

G'night!!! It's just a bit after 4pm, my time - back to the packing.

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

AussiePam;1085945 wrote: Just one or two, JAB !!!!! grin... I've spent a lot of time in the States, over the years, and in Britain and parts of Europe too. Family, friends and work stuff. Hardly been in Asia, never in Africa, never in South America, never in the Middle East.

How are you?

I LOVE garlic!!

Flint Hills, Jester... mmmm... we'd been in Eureka Springs in Arkansas and it was autumn. WOW on the colours!! We'd been carving Halloween punkins there and I had this crazy urge to go to ElDorado, KS. For Halloween. I can't remember exactly why. Anyway, we didn't make it. We got as far as Iola, and followed the kids there doing their trick o treat. The parents were a bit suspicious till I spoke with an Aussie accent and explained that, Down Under, we are kinda Halloween deprived.. so they let us tag along for educational poiposes. Then the local school was doing a lingerie party, Halloween themed, in a local restaurant and that was loads of fun too. What to do with the carved punkins? The next morning we drove up into the Flint HIlls. It snowed.. I wonder if the unsuspecting farmer whose gate posts we adorned was one of your family??? I'll see if I can find the pic..

Oh great pics Pam!!!!
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

AussiePam;1085954 wrote: G'night!!! It's just a bit after 4pm, my time - back to the packing.

See you later Pam. I have to go eat something too. Nite Jab...thanks for joining in the party..it was fun...lets do it again soon.
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

JAB;1085928 wrote: Nite nite! Want someone to come tuck you in? :wah:

now you ask me?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Lemme Know?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Come back, Accountable.............come back!

So, JJ left us and came back AGAIN as somebody else? Now, that kinda upsets me.

I have taken the time to read many of the posts here on this thread. I have noticed that our members have their own style of expressing themselves. Some are eloquent, some are curt, some are humurous....and these attributes do not apply to any one nationality. I have not felt offended by anyone. I may not have agreed with every post, but I felt a certain pride that we are able to express ourselves here on this Forum.

I am an American, and I'm not going anywhere. You are stuck with me. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

JAB;1086151 wrote: It's the thought that counts...? :-3 :wah:

it was indeed!;)
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

along-for-the-ride;1086204 wrote:

Good!!

And I'm an Aussie, and you're stuck with me. :sneaky:

Monday morning here - and I've got one more day in Canberra before heading back to Sydney. I lived here for a lot of years and now we are packing up the old house for sale. I walked in the garden yesterday. I don't have a garden in Sydney, just the shared area of the apartment block with a few trees and some grass. In Canberra there's a wonderful tangle of cross cultural greenery - gums, ivy, holly bushes, bottlebrush, grevillea, maples, ashes, herbs gone mad, roses, azaleas, wattle.. The birds too, are different. This morning I awoke to sulphur crested cockatoos doing their raucous dawn flyover. And a trillion little garden birds chirping. In Sydney it's rainbow lorikeets, kookaburras and big black fruit bats doing the sunset flyover.

Gotta go in search of coffeeeeeee...

Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1086204 wrote:

I am a Canadian and your also stuck with me!:-6
Oscar Namechange

Lemme Know?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1086228 wrote: I am a Canadian and your also stuck with me!:-6

I'm an alien and your stuck with me! NANU NANU :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Lemme Know?

:) Well, all right then, Aussie Pam and Odie and oscar! I am glad.

Who else is stayin'??
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Stone the crows, Odie - I think you're going too far there!!!! I mean we can't associate with folks who we've just found out ride mooses to work. Ya hafta draw the line somewhere. Riding a kangaroo to work is a lot more natural.

Oscar Namechange

Lemme Know?

along-for-the-ride;1086230 wrote: :) Well, all right then, Aussie Pam and Odie! I am glad.

Who else is stayin'??

You'll never get rid of the Brit's :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Listen up, Oscar. Please proceed directly to your spaceship, do not pass GO and do not collect 200 dollars/pounds/euros and we will graciously allow you to leave planet earth more or less unscathed. :sneaky: Cup of tea, before takeoff?

PS We'll pack up Mr Brown and send him with you. I suppose your alien code name is Mrs Green.

Kathy Ellen

Lemme Know?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Right now....you all better stay in the Garden or else.

:sneaky: Nobody leaves without my permission, and I'm not giving it:p:D:rolleyes::)
Oscar Namechange

Lemme Know?

AussiePam;1086233 wrote: Listen up, Oscar. Please proceed directly to your spaceship, do not pass GO and do not collect 200 dollars/pounds/euros and we will graciously allow you to leave planet earth more or less unscathed. :sneaky: Cup of tea, before takeoff?

PS We'll pack up Mr Brown and send him with you. I suppose your alien code name is Mrs Green.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

No Pam, the correct terminology for Gordon in this alien house is

Gordonlucious

Gordonlicious

His Gordonness

FlashGordons

Gordongorgeousness

Gordonlovliness

Gordonworldsavingness

Gordonregalness

Gordonscottishness

GordonBritainsavingness

I shall take my medication now :yh_rotfl
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1086235 wrote: Right now....you all better stay in the Garden or else.

:sneaky: Nobody leaves without my permission, and I'm not giving it:p:D:rolleyes::)

AussiePam puts up her hand

Ma'am, please ma'am - I need to go in the kitchen and get some coffee.. please may I leave the room?? Please!!!

Oscar Namechange

Lemme Know?

Jester;1086287 wrote: I havent decided yet if Im going to leave FG, and thats not a teaser in any direction, right now I remain a reluctant poster and even more of a reluctant reader of threads, the first anti-american jab I see I will leave the thread alone and not return to or post in. If what I see keeps happening then I think that will slowly lead me to leaving or posting less and less till theres nothing to post on.

Thats my honest gut feeling on this subject at this point.

Don't go my little gunslinger... I would miss you for one. I'd love to meet you one day as well. maybe on my next trip?? And i could leave Mr Oscar at home?
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

Jester;1086287 wrote: I havent decided yet if Im going to leave FG, and thats not a teaser in any direction, right now I remain a reluctant poster and even more of a reluctant reader of threads, the first anti-american jab I see I will leave the thread alone and not return to or post in. If what I see keeps happening then I think that will slowly lead me to leaving or posting less and less till theres nothing to post on.

Don't be like that! You and I go back to Hoss's dog-killing-quail days!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Lemme Know?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Given that I really would be upset to see you go I'll cut you a deal - you stop saying how wonderful and necessary the war on terrorism is and I'll stop saying how wrong it is and how much harm it is doing to the world. :-6
along-for-the-ride

Lemme Know?

I hope you decide to stay with us, Mr. Jester. United we stand; divided we fall.

Attached files
flopstock

Lemme Know?

Post by flopstock »

That's really the best approach, IMO dear. Soon as the signs appear that it is moving from discussion to crapfest, I just exit and leave them to it. Although to be honest, two of the funniest things I've read in months on this site, I read in this thread..:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

shelbell

Lemme Know?

Post by shelbell »

Accountable;1083395 wrote: Somebody email me if ya'll ever get rid of this anti-US cancer that's infested the Garden.

You know what really gets me Ac, is the fact that it seems acceptable for people to slam on the US, but rarely do I see we Americans slamming on other countries. Most people from other countries do not do this on FG, it just seems there are a few that NEVER just let it go...I usually let it go unless I see something that really pi$$es me off...then I'll lay into them. I love America and am proud of our country! I won't ever leave the country I love. :-4

And just for the record, Jimbo did start a great American thread...I'm not sure how it turned out and if the anti's jumped that thread too, but it did start as a very positive thread.
shelbell

Lemme Know?

Post by shelbell »

For anyone claiming that Jimbo is anti-America, here is his thread he started...just in case you missed it....

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... hread.html

Return to “Members' News”