Lemme Know?

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
AussiePam

Lemme Know?

Post by AussiePam »

Yeah ghastly mess here, Wildhorses. I've done that walk, Jester - took me most of the day - you RAN it???!!! Like, before brekkie????? GRIN. OK, I'm impressed.

There's a rumour, probably scurrilous, that we Aussies were responsible for setting up the old bad end of town.. during the GoldRush days.

PS - No, I've never been a tea drinker.. and I'm married to an Englishman. Go figger!! Now COFFEEEEEEE... ahhhhhhh
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085871 wrote: I was posted to Presidio in SF many moons ago, my barracks window looked out of the the SF side Upright of the Golden Gate Bridge, at 0300 every morning I'd run from my barracks to Fishermans wharf, back up along the bay over the bridge to the sausaledo side and back to the bridge. I belive it was approx 7 miles total. It was a fantastic early morning jaunt!

I am on lower Nob Hill. I can see the bridge and wharf from my back step. I love it when the sailboats are on the water in the bay.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

AussiePam;1085873 wrote: Yeah ghastly mess here, Wildhorses. I've done that walk, Jester - took me most of the day - you RAN it???!!! Like, before brekkie????? GRIN. OK, I'm impressed.

There's a rumour, probably scurrilous, that we Aussies were responsible for setting up the old bad end of town.. during the GoldRush days.

PS - No, I've never been a tea drinker.. and I'm married to an Englishman. Go figger!! Now COFFEEEEEEE... ahhhhhhh

LOL. OK no tea. I am more into coffee anyway.

I was under the impression that during the Gold Rush days that the whole town was the bad end...lol..it was wild then. Which part of town did the Aussies set up? Was it the downtown?
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

May Odie join in for tea?:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

Jester;1085880 wrote: T

There ya go darlin, ya wanna buy a vowel?:yh_rotfl

thanks Jester, love your new avator!

is it for sale?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

JAB;1085883 wrote: I wanna join Jester, Pammie & WH in SanFran. It's one of my most favorite cities. :)

by all means, this party is getting better all the time!;)
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Odie;1085878 wrote: May Odie join in for tea?:-6

Of course Odie!!! Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Tea coming right up. I hope you dont mind that I put it in a coffee cup, its all that I could find in the icons

Here ya go, cream or sugar for ya? :yh_coffee
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1085883 wrote: I wanna join Jester, Pammie & WH in SanFran. It's one of my most favorite cities. :)

You are just in time Jab. The fog is rolling in over the bridge right now. Ahhh...I love that crisp air. Pull up a chair. Which would you like? Tea or coffee? We have both already on....cream? sugar?
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

wildhorses;1085887 wrote: Of course Odie!!! Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Tea coming right up. I hope you dont mind that I put it in a coffee cup, its all that I could find in the icons

Here ya go, cream or sugar for ya? :yh_coffee

Doesn't matter to me what you put it in, it's the thought that counts!:)

double double please..........oh tastes soooooooo good!

I put out a tray of homemade goodies for us here, everyone.....dig it

the fire is roaring to....let's cuddle up together, its cold outside!
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Odie;1085889 wrote: Doesn't matter to me what you put it in, it's the thought that counts!:)

double double please..........oh tastes soooooooo good!

I put out a tray of homemade goodies for us here, everyone.....dig it

the fire is roaring to....let's cuddle up together, its cold outside!

Oh yes the firplace is blazing. Its a chilly night out here in San Francisco. The fog is fully over the bay now. MMMMMM....I see Odie brought goodies to go with the tea and coffee. I think I will have one of those eclairs....Thanks Odie!
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1085892 wrote: Coffee, black, in a big mug! :)

Coffee coming right up. You know ....I could only find small mugs....so I am giving you two...hows that? :yh_coffee:yh_coffee
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

wildhorses;1085894 wrote: Oh yes the firplace is blazing. Its a chilly night out here in San Francisco. The fog is fully over the bay now. MMMMMM....I see Odie brought goodies to go with the tea and coffee. I think I will have one of those eclairs....Thanks Odie!

I would love to see San Francisco, beautiful city!

sounds perfect.....on the bay.....fog rolling in.......good friends around a fire....what more could anyone ask for.

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085896 wrote: Wild, theres a place in SF that I have been trying to locate, Ive been told about it but no one seems to know the name:

It is a narrow restraunt, with a short store front window, it has 5 or 6 stools and a counter and you coem in and sit, and you pay about 9 bucks and can eat till yer full, they poor coffee when you sit, and start you off with fruit and pancakes then eggs and stuff to order, biscuits and gravy etc... till yer ready to burst.

Any place like that you know of? Or heard of?

I wish I knew. It sounds great. I dont know of any "all you can eat" restaurants. The only narrow one with just stools that I can think of is the Swan Oyster Depot on Polk St. But they just serve seafood. And then there are some other tiny places that they give you so much food you dont have to eat for a week....but none that fit the description that you gave. But I do know plenty of people who have been in the City for many years. I can ask around and see if anyone knows. Do you know what part of town it is in? Or do you know the name or any part of the name?
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

Jester;1085902 wrote: If we did that with smoked game hens and a good bottle of wine for the drinkers!

alright! smokimg hens and drinks coming up my friend!
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Odie;1085900 wrote: I would love to see San Francisco, beautiful city!

sounds perfect.....on the bay.....fog rolling in.......good friends around a fire....what more could anyone ask for.

There is one place Odie....its on upper Polk Street. A coffee shop with a fireplace within a neighborhood so you just get neighborhood folks. And across the street is a tea shop with like a hundred kinds of tea....they have a huge fireplace in the middle of the tea room. Oh its so nice to go to either of those places on a rainy cold day.
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

wildhorses;1085906 wrote: There is one place Odie....its on upper Polk Street. A coffee shop with a fireplace within a neighborhood so you just get neighborhood folks. And across the street is a tea shop with like a hundred kinds of tea....they have a huge fireplace in the middle of the tea room. Oh its so nice to go to either of those places on a rainy cold day.

sounds like a place for me, warn and toasty and good friends!
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085905 wrote: Ive heard its near the SF Marriot, but I even went tot he Marriot and asked the concierge and he didnt know. I think folks have been pullin my leg, I knew it sounded too good to be true!

Did you ever go to Asabellas on the wharf? That was a contract for me before it closed, man that place was awesome!

Sabellas...mmmm pricey. Well I ate across the street once and looked at it as I ate lol...
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1085903 wrote: My 2 favorites - YUM! I'm on my way! :D

If ya go to that sidewalk crab grotto on a nice day you can get fresh crab cooked and eat it outside.....and oh...with french bread....so good. Watch out for those seagulls though....watch your food....one of em almost took off with my crab once.
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

soooooooooooooo beautiful!

wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085911 wrote: Oh man I loved when we cleaned that place, the guy would make us whatever the special plate was, one time he left us an entire cake, seven layers of darker and darker chocoalte fudge... served cold, it about put you into a coma....

It was pricey!:wah:

Those four and five star joints make some good pastries. My ex use to work at the Fairmont and he would get to bring home some patries at the end of the night....OMG....TO DIE FOR!!!
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085913 wrote: Right across the street from there is a walk in seafood place, where they do the crab in the big round steam drums, (we cleaned that too) but they make some of the best chowder I have ever eaten. In the sour bred bowl, Is that hwere yer talkin about?

Ya the drums with crabs. I never actually have had the bowl of chowder. I usually get the cooked crab and then separate french bread.

Ya the part right in front of Aliotos that is kind of like a sidewalk but with an overhang. It is the open air part right there next to that parking lot.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Odie;1085914 wrote: soooooooooooooo beautiful!

Oh theres my bridge!!! I love that bridge.....it so beautiful. It has different beauty as the weather changes and as the day changes. In summer so bright and orange against the blue water, In winter giving color to the gray bay, In spring reflecting the sun. In the morning and evening a hangar for the fog. And later at night lit up like a christmas tree all year long. I love it.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

JAB;1085917 wrote: I've been there on 3 different occasions and loved it each time. I loved exploring the different restaurants. Have you ever eaten at The Stinking Rose? :D

I have never actually eaten there. Thats in North Beach I think. Oh there are some great Italian joints up there in North Beach....another great area in the city. I like to go up there on warm balmy nights and eat at the sidewalk cafes.
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

wildhorses;1085919 wrote: Oh theres my bridge!!! I love that bridge.....it so beautiful. It has different beauty as the weather changes and as the day changes. In summer so bright and orange against the blue water, In winter giving color to the gray bay, In spring reflecting the sun. In the morning and evening a hangar for the fog. And later at night lit up like a christmas tree all year long. I love it.

that's it, move over, I'm coming there!:yh_rotfl
Odie

Lemme Know?

Post by Odie »

Odie has fallen asleep by the fire, goodnite my friends!:-4
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Jester;1085920 wrote: ahahhaah ok thats the place Im talkin about too funny! :yh_rotfl

The gulls!

By the way, about the gulls... One time I was cleaning a exhaust fan that the resturant owner said had a bad 'wobble' in it, so he had shut it down. I went to the roof, opened the fan shroud and up pops a seagull head squakin and hollerin at me, he was covered in thick heavy grease... he had gotten stuck in the grease and the fan had wobbled because he had pushed the grease inott he fan base as he tried to free himself.

I was just gonna put him out of his misery and snap his neck since I fugrued there was no way to clean him up-then I looked up and there was a crowd of people lookin over and down at me from another roof then they began to clap, as if I was there to rescue the thing...:o

So I have this biodegradable cleaner and I scrubbed him up, with lots of trouble I might add, I had to tape his stupid mouth shut, to keep him from biting me and he kept trying to head butt me too. But the cleaner worked real well and as soon as we had him somewhat dry we took the tape off and he flew off... about 40 people cheered...

I felt like a hero but did anyone offer to help me for the two and a half hours I lost cleaning a stupid seagull? There are ten million of them things flyin around, and everyones is concerned about the one that is stupid enough to get sucked into an exhaust system!

Chit...reading this made me laugh so hard that my sides are aching and there are tears running down my face. This is fk'n hilarious. This is a story that will make its rounds I promise you.
wildhorses

Lemme Know?

Post by wildhorses »

Odie;1085924 wrote: Odie has fallen asleep by the fire, goodnite my friends!:-4

Night Odie. Sleep tight.

Return to “Members' News”