Wonderful news!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
observer1

Wonderful news!

Post by observer1 »

My daughter & her fiance have been having to stay with her fiance's father & stepmother for a few months now. His father had had (father's) electric put in fiance's name, because father isn't mature enough to pay his own bills. Long story short, father let bill lapse & fiance's (& daughter's) electric got shut off in their apartment. They couldn't stay there. It was summertime, a baby, no fan/ac, no refrigerator, etc.

Well, FINALLY, they've found another apartment!! And it's near me!!! The same day, fiance went down the street & got a new job! Yesterday, daughter got a call from a near-by hotel to come in for an interview for a housekeeping job!!!

Things are finally falling into place for this couple. Now, she just needs to work on getting her diploma. She dropped out of school when she was put on bedrest with the baby.
SweetDarlin

Wonderful news!

Post by SweetDarlin »

WOOOHOOOO! Congratulations to all. With your support I'm sure she'll do just fine.
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
venus

Wonderful news!

Post by venus »

excellent news....

Good things do happen sometimes :D
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Valerie100

Wonderful news!

Post by Valerie100 »

Amen and Thank God! I'm willing to bet that a lot of prayers have been said for them, and the prayers are in the process of being answered now. There's an awesome power in prayer. Remind them to thank God, too, for the way that they are being blessed now. :)
observer1

Wonderful news!

Post by observer1 »

Valerie100 wrote: Amen and Thank God! I'm willing to bet that a lot of prayers have been said for them, and the prayers are in the process of being answered now. There's an awesome power in prayer. Remind them to thank God, too, for the way that they are being blessed now. :)

I already have! The blessings just keep coming! :-6
actionfigurestepho

Wonderful news!

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Huzzah!!!!!
observer1

Wonderful news!

Post by observer1 »

My daughter went to her interview today. But, being that she's due with a baby in January, they told her to come back after the baby's born. She seemed to think it went well though, & that she has a good chance at having the job after he's born!
observer1

Wonderful news!

Post by observer1 »

My daughter's new landlady called me today. Seems she's extremely nervous about renting to these two. I told her they'll be fine. I also told her that I'll help as much as I can. She now wants ME to sign the lease, which I've agreed to do. See, my daughter's 18 & her fiance is almost 24. I do understand her apprehension. But it's not like she's going to be able to rent these apartments to high society. These kids really want this place & the fiance's working all the hours he can. My daughter's 6 months pregnant, so it's hard to find a job in that condition. But she has 2 prospects after the baby's born!

Do any of you remember what it was like when you were just starting out in your first place? If my ex hadn't been such a louse, I would've been just fine. The ex would get my money & go spend it on booze. Then I'd be floored when the landlord would tell me the rent wasn't paid, or better yet, the door would be locked with a nice little EVICTION NOTICE on it!! :-5

While I understand her apprehension, she was asking me where they'll get the money for daycare & such. They're going to have jobs with different hours so that they can switch child care back & forth between them.

What do you all think?
observer1

Wonderful news!

Post by observer1 »

flopstock wrote: Check with united way for non profit daycare centers. They are generally set up to 'pay-as-you-can'. Our local one is excellent. The teacher to child ratio is better then the state requires.

What they do is allow lower income folks really discounted rates, but they have to show their work schedule and they get a set amount of time to pick the child up after. They even allow extra time once a week for grocery shopping or whatever. But this keeps the moms from using it as a free babysitter while they run around with friends.

Thanks Flopstock! That sounds great! Actually, if she gets in as a housekeeper at the hotel, they'd only need daycare probably an hour or 2 a day. He works in the evening & she'd work in the morning.

Besides, I've been giving to United Way for years. It'd be nice to know that someone I know is benefitting from it. I'll have to check into it. ;)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”