Discuss the latest political news.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I know we have lost our kids. I don't think we will lose the 68,000 we lost in VietNam. Any loss of life is bad. My SIL is there...........
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Yukakuna

Post by Yukakuna »

Do americans call this war a war for freedom? How many americans think that it is fair to get freedom like that, at this price?! Russia's war on the eastern borders goes on for centuries! Chechnya is a war of no end. That is a big mistake to start a war with moslems, 'cause if you once start it you won't be able to stop it...
G-man

Post by G-man »

How many innocent people did Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden kill?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Yukakuna

Post by Yukakuna »

Scrat wrote: Yuka. The mindset of America is sharply devided. Half of us are against the war half are for it. As long as they do not have to go and fight.

What we have failed to do is take into account human perception, specifically the human perception of the Arabs. If you want to defeat a people all you have to do is convince them they are defeated. Russia has never convinced the Mongols the Chechens or anyone else they were defeated.

We will never convince the Arabic people that they are defeated. You are correct, this will never end.

Mongols WERE defeated. Look at them now: their ancient military advantge is nothing now. Is Mongolia an influential world power now? No it is not. Our ancient war with them WAS a war for freedom, as we faught against conquerors.

Nowadays wars are endless because of people's greed and eastern mentality...
Yukakuna

Post by Yukakuna »

Scrat wrote: The Khans were defeated by Russia in Kazan if I remember correctly and they were pushed out of European Russia almost 1000 years ago. They have not been defeated, you simply pushed them back to China proper where they are anything but weak. They just put 2 men in space successfully and I know the lions share of your military keeps them at bay to this day in the southern parts of Siberia.

It is also quite ironic to me that the Chinese are now financing our "war against terror" in Iraq. Your people defeated them in Russia, but not in China. It is different than your war with Germany where their defeat was total.

Make no mistake, we fight in Iraq for control of oil resources. Not for democracy freedom of any other reason.

That's what I'm talking about here: "we fight in Iraq for control of oil resources" = "Russia fights in Chechnya for control of oil resources too". We should better work on alternative sources of energy...

Return to “Current Political Events”