Just Venting.

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
SOJOURNER

Just Venting.

Post by SOJOURNER »

tmbsgrl wrote: Well the day started off good. We are moving today.. Talked to my mom and she is doing a lot better (she hurt her knee really bad last week.) Found out my nephew doesn't have heart problems. Thank GOD! My daughter and I go to leave to the Gas Station to fill up the car and to put air in the tires & i took her to Mcdonalds. Well I noticed this woman sitting in her car parked right next to me.. She has been there since 7:30 this morning. When we left it was about 11am I went up to her and asked if she was alright and if she needed to call someone. Thinking that maybe her and her SI got into a fight & he has the keys.. You know that B*tch had the nerve to say F*uck you to ME! :-3 I was in total shock. I really wanted to hit her but what kinda role model would I be to my daughter. I said whatever and walked away. What is this world coming too. I was just trying to help her. I was even willing to give her a ride to wherever she needed to go!!! Sorry I had to vent.. She made me really mad!:mad: :-5

Whoa! That's surely not what anyone would expect to hear when offering help. Can't even imagine the story that is behind that outburst........
lady cop

Just Venting.

Post by lady cop »

i keep telling everybody there's a lot of nutjobs out there. it's not safe to approach strangers regardless of your intentions.
Accountable

Just Venting.

Post by Accountable »

tmbsgrl wrote: Geez Lc.. I was just trying to be nice.
Keep trying. LC's a professional cynic and we need them like we need thumbs (we need'em alot!). We also need gentle people just as badly. We'd all be dead if we didn't have a balance of both.
lady cop

Just Venting.

Post by lady cop »

tmbsgrl wrote: Geez Lc.. I was just trying to be nice.Susie i KNOW you were being nice! it's just that we can't be nice to strangers anymore, a sad state of affairs i agree. she might have been sitting in that car waiting for her armed boyfriend who was robbing the 7-11. i know i'm a cynic. and you are very sweet! :-4
lady cop

Just Venting.

Post by lady cop »

domestic violence calls are the DEADLIEST calls for LE...and i hope you will never do a thing like that again. the fighting partners will turn on whoever tries to intervene. we lost three deputies in one morning due to that very situation. (see my old thread 'manhunt')
Nomad

Just Venting.

Post by Nomad »

I was shocked today too ! I was walking out of a business with my arms full trying to open the door when a lady walks in brushes past me knocking items out of my arms then actually kicks the items out of the door causing one of them to come unwrapped. She friggin kicked them out of the door !

I just stood there dumbfounded.

It takes great effort to get me upset but she really did.:-5
I AM AWESOME MAN
SOJOURNER

Just Venting.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Nomad wrote: I was shocked today too ! I was walking out of a business with my arms full trying to open the door when a lady walks in brushes past me knocking items out of my arms then actually kicks the items out of the door causing one of them to come unwrapped. She friggin kicked them out of the door !

I just stood there dumbfounded.

It takes great effort to get me upset but she really did.:-5

Nomad:

There is one major error in your story. THAT WAS NO LADY!
ubetta

Just Venting.

Post by ubetta »

Did ya kick her back? My god, how RUDE!
Jives

Just Venting.

Post by Jives »

tmbsgrl wrote: You know that B*tch had the nerve to say F*uck you to ME! :-3 I was in total shock.

I was taught (at McDonald's actually, my first job) that when you deal with unknown people, you should be careful to take anything too seriously. You see....you don't have any idea what might have happened to them just before you speak to them.

For example, the rude guy that screams at a McDonald's counterperson, may have just been divorced, lost custody of his children, wrecked his car, and accidentally run over his dog. Now the first person he interacts with is the poor McDonald's worker.

So when he screams, "Give me a big Mac and make it snappy!" at the worker, he isn't really mad at the worker, he's mad at the world and just taking it out on the first person he sees.

This doesn't excuse rude behavior by any means, but it does help to understand it.

It's all about perception. The other day a car went by me in the school parking lot making a terrible clunking noise. I called to the driver, "You'd better have that checked out!" thinking that they might either not have noticed it, or not know what to do.

The driver said, "Go f**k yourself!" When I interviewed them later, I asked them why they had said that, politely. (and that upset their perception of me, since they were expecting me to be angry.) They told me that they knew about the problem, but didn't have the money to solve it. So since they were already frustrated, they thought I ws making fun of them.

We both walked away with a greater respect for each other. I am more careful how I tell people their car is malfunctioning, and they don't expect every authority figure to be mocking them now.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Nomad

Just Venting.

Post by Nomad »

I completely understand that chives, we dont know what its like to walk in others shoes for sure. Regardless........rude is rude !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Jives

Just Venting.

Post by Jives »

Blast it all Slo-mad! Stop calling me "chives" or I'll start calling you "gonad":mad:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Nomad

Just Venting.

Post by Nomad »

:wah: You shouldnt have said that.................really ! :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
LilacDragon

Just Venting.

Post by LilacDragon »

You know, my life really sucks right now, but I can't imagine being rude to someone offering me a helping hand.

My brother is the kind of person that, when he is all worked up over something forgets about manners and such. I can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks he has called me yelling or screaming about one thing or another. Well, you know what, I haven't done anything to cause his problems! Now, I just hang up on him when he calls yelling and he can call back when he can talk to me like a human being and not his servent. (Sorry, I guess I really needed to get that off my chest!)
Sandi

Accountable

Just Venting.

Post by Accountable »

I consider myself a nice guy, and I always do my best job no matter how much of a knucklehead the recipient may be. Once when I was an office manager (that's a secretary who doesn't know shorthand) a contractor came in upset, late, in a hurry, and no time for niceties. He demanded something, I forget what, probably a stapler or something else of vital national security. I gave it to him and he stomped out of the office. I said in a normal voice - as I've done a thousand times - "You're welcome." Apparently he had very good hearing because he came right back in at the same pace, headed straight for me. I braced myself. He said, "That was very rude of me. I'm normally not like that. I apologize." And he was off. I was dumbfounded. He actually came back later & we had a nice conversation about nothing in particular.
Accountable

Just Venting.

Post by Accountable »

"officer I don't know what's going on. The guy let's me in and then starts shooting at me. It's almost like it was planned." :yh_rotfl
Wolverine

Just Venting.

Post by Wolverine »

it's all right there in my signature

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

jasmund

Just Venting.

Post by jasmund »

Sweetie, you sound so much like me when I was young, first of all yes I would help anyone too. But , dont just let anyone in your home, you have a child correct.

I come from an abusive marriage, and LC is 100% correct. Things get heated, and when a man is in that mind frame he can justify just about anything, and that can and does mean harming you or your daughter, remember it takes 1 second to change your life forever.

-Once I was in a department store with my then 3 year old and this guy was really drunk and causing a scene, he had purchased these 2 shirts, and obviously they had been well worn, and wanted to return them, and when he couldnt, he let that clerk have it, whew, the language that was used would make a sailor blush. My son started crying, I said "sir why are you swearing at this poor girl, she doesnt make the rules" I got a right up in my face"Mind your own F*&^%^* business!?

-I did

as for helping someone who is in an abusive relationship, alot of us went back because thats all we know, or are so darn afraid.Control of someones emotions, and way of thinking, is the most hanous form of torture.

Only when we are out, can we begin to heal and shine.

-Jasmund

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”