leaping lizards !

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
lady cop

leaping lizards !

Post by lady cop »

it has long been known that many south american creatures have been let loose in the everglades. but now we have another small problem...7-FOOT MONITOR LIZARDS HAVE TAKEN OVER SARASOTA! :eek: they are not indigenous. the cat population has practically reached extinction levels (boo hoo) , people are actually building fences against them! and the good news is, they are multiplying like bunnies. (maybe this will solve the feral cat and obnoxious ankle-biting poodle probem we have as well.) ..............i did not mean to put this in paranormal science forum! i am NOT imagining this! they are not ghostly figments of my fevered brain! ! :yh_pumpkn :yh_ghost

Attached files
Tombstone

leaping lizards !

Post by Tombstone »

lady cop wrote: it has long been known that many south american creatures have been let loose in the everglades. but now we have another small problem...7-FOOT MONITOR LIZARDS HAVE TAKEN OVER SARASOTA! :eek: they are not indigenous. the cat population has practically reached extinction levels (boo hoo) , people are actually building fences against them! and the good news is, they are multiplying like bunnies. (maybe this will solve the feral cat and obnoxious ankle-biting poodle probem we have as well. ..............i did not mean to put this in paranormal science forum! i am NOT imagining this! they are not ghostly! :yh_pumpkn :yh_ghost

I just saw this story on FOX news. Amazing...especially the report about all of the cats that are missing.

Are you allowed to kill these things? Or will PETA come knocking?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Accountable

leaping lizards !

Post by Accountable »

O'Reilly had a zoo guy on talking about this yesterday. Apparently they're former pets, native of Africa, that got dumped and have reproduced into the thousands.

You're right Tombstone. PETA will probably try to call them an endangered species and call the Gulf Coast a native habitat. :thinking:
chonsigirl

leaping lizards !

Post by chonsigirl »

Multiplying like bunnies now....................................:wah:

Tombstone

leaping lizards !

Post by Tombstone »

Accountable wrote: O'Reilly had a zoo guy on talking about this yesterday. Apparently they're former pets, native of Africa, that got dumped and have reproduced into the thousands.

You're right Tombstone. PETA will probably try to call them an endangered species and call the Gulf Coast a native habitat. :thinking:

Let's see...hmm...PETA.

Doesn't PETA stand for:

People Eating The Animals?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
minks

leaping lizards !

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: it has long been known that many south american creatures have been let loose in the everglades. but now we have another small problem...7-FOOT MONITOR LIZARDS HAVE TAKEN OVER SARASOTA! :eek: they are not indigenous. the cat population has practically reached extinction levels (boo hoo) , people are actually building fences against them! and the good news is, they are multiplying like bunnies. (maybe this will solve the feral cat and obnoxious ankle-biting poodle probem we have as well.) ..............i did not mean to put this in paranormal science forum! i am NOT imagining this! they are not ghostly figments of my fevered brain! ! :yh_pumpkn :yh_ghost

Do they like snow? We could use a couple up here to control our cat problem, maybe if peoples precious pet cats vanished they would get a clue.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
gmc

leaping lizards !

Post by gmc »

Never mind cats I would worry about little kids in prams-assuming you leave them outside
lady cop

leaping lizards !

Post by lady cop »

in a related area, this snake is not native to the everglades...click on the pic, it's incredible! Burmese python is thought to have died after swallowing an alligator in the Everglades.

Python Eats Gator, Stomach Ruptures

Snakes, Gators Compete In Everglades

POSTED: 11:25 am EDT October 5, 2005

MIAMI -- A python's eyes were apparently bigger than its stomach.

Scientists in Florida are puzzling over a Burmese python that scarfed down a six-foot alligator before its stomach ruptured.

They found the carcasses in an isolated part of Florida's Everglades National Park. Photos show the gator's hind legs and tail sticking out of the 13-foot snake's ruptured gut.

The Miami Herald reported that scientists can't figure out how the snake got the critter down. The snake's head is also missing.

Experts say the clash is interesting, but it also shows the exotic snakes are competing with gators to top the food chain in the Everglades.

Park biologist Skip Snow said he's documented 156 python captures in the last two years.

Attached files
abbey

leaping lizards !

Post by abbey »

Bugger me LC! bet that pic went down like a lead balloon with Bothwell! :wah:
lady cop

leaping lizards !

Post by lady cop »

we have a bit of a problem down here.... Python devours family's house cat

A missing Siamese cat apparently was the snake's last meal

Like any cat, Frances, a 1-year-old Siamese named after the hurricane, had a simple daily routine. He slept, ate and enjoyed hunting lizards in the woods behind his owner's home. ............oh, and another thing, a deputy fire marshal was killed by a rattlesnake bite, despite 18 vials of antivenin. :(
nvalleyvee

leaping lizards !

Post by nvalleyvee »

Tombstone wrote: Let's see...hmm...PETA.

Doesn't PETA stand for:

People Eating The Animals?

Monitors are nasty carnivores. As head of the FG EPA I say shoot the bastardos.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Paranormal Science”