May I retract that, PLEASE???

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
CountryDweller

Post by CountryDweller »

My husband and I manage an auto and truck repair facility. One day Pastor Brent phoned and asked to set up an appointment for him. I asked what service he needed. He told me that his serpentine belt on his Jeep Cherokee was falling apart and needed replaced. I told him to bring his Jeep down and we would take care of it.

Pastor left his Jeep with us and walked over to his Church. We popped the hood, took a look at the belt and sure enough it was fraying. I phoned the local part store and had a belt sent down to replace it. Looking around the motor, I noticed nests of leaves starting, with seeds and walnuts here and there. I cleaned the debris up, replaced the belt, ran the invoice, then phoned Pastor that his Jeep was ready for pick up.

When Pastor Brent arrived, I told him how the mice were starting to build nests in his motor because of the cooler weather arriving. Pastor told me that he believes it was from red squirrels because they have this huge walnut tree in their yard and the fallen walnuts are a real mess to contend with and he has seen the squirrels making off with them. Pastor pays his bill, and on his way he goes.

Next morning, Pastor phones me and says, "I think that serpentine belt was defective because it's frayed again." I tell him to bring it right down, that if it is defective, it would be covered under warranty. He dropped his Jeep off and walks to the church again.

Upon inspection of this belt, we notice that the squirrels have been jamming those walnuts between the belt and tensioner, so when the Jeep is started, the walnuts won't let the belt go round, thus fraying the belts. So, we replace the belt again, I phone the Pastor to tell him once again his Jeep is ready.

He comes to get it right away and asked what happened. I stupidly blurt out to him, "You need to keep your nuts out of your motor!" The Pastor starts laughing like crazy, it dawns on me what I said, and oh boy...was I ever embarrassed!

Has anyone had one of those days that the words just didn't come out of your mouth just the right way?
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Welcome to my life!!!! I tend to say what I think even when it isn't for the best. :-5
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Sounds like he has a great sense of humor at least.:wah:
Bez

Post by Bez »

I had a work colleague that worked at another site. her name was Lucy and she was very pretty.....the guys used to call her 'Juicy Lucy'....anyway after a phone conversation with her one day i said " bye Juicy"....I was mortified...just hope the line was bad !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
CountryDweller

Post by CountryDweller »

actionfigurestepho wrote: Sounds like he has a great sense of humor at least.:wah:

Yes he does! He loves to just stop by and talk, trying to find new stuff to put into his sermons. Sometimes when I hear him on his 15 minute radio program, I'm surprised to hear him speak of some of the things we spoke about in my office.
NursiePoo

Post by NursiePoo »

A number of years ago I had a raging yen for peanuts. I normally don't eat them, but I just HAD to have some! So, I ran down to the neighborhood convenience store, and all I could find was a tiny bag of peanuts, and I needed to have a large bag, in the shell please. There was no one else in the store except for myself and the clerk. He looked at me and asked what I wanted. I had brain freeze all of a sudden...I couldn't think of a thing to say except for "Do you have large nuts?" I stared at him for several very long seconds, knowing that I couldn't say that, but the right words just wouldn't come to mind! So, I finally blurted out "Do you have large nuts?"

The look on his face was priceless, like he couldn't believe I'd said that, and I just doubled over and laughed until I couldn't breathe. Then I ran out of the store laughing hysterically with tears streaming down my face. He must have thought I'd escaped from some institution. I sure looked the part!
Think positive. And if you can't, fake it 'til you make it.

Living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”