ask ladycop almost anything thread

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

well in the spirit of BabyRider, i am going to leave myself open...but i was smart enough to foil Nomad by saying 'almost' :D ...got cop questions? or whatever! i am a font of useless info!:rolleyes: on a forum i used to inhabit there was a sticky of 'ask the cop', it was fun. i got all kinds of confessions! :cool:
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Hrm...*strokes chin*

How to ask things without incriminating myself.....:rolleyes:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

actionfigurestepho wrote: Hrm...*strokes chin*

How to ask things without incriminating myself.....:rolleyes:that's the beauty of it! i can't arrest you! spill your guts to the nice police lady :)
actionfigurestepho

Ok. Having sex in a public place. Is that an arrestable offense or just a ticketable one?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

How many tickets a month do you write?
actionfigurestepho

How much over the speed limit does someone actually have to go before you can pull them over and give them a ticket?
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

lady cop wrote: that's the beauty of it! i can't arrest you! spill your guts to the nice police lady :)

I lied to a police officer in our town loast month. I didn't have my license on my when I was pulled over, he said "did I know I was supposed to carry my license on me at all times", I said 'no' but I was booked about 6 mth ago for not producing my license. I then saw him in church and thought maybe I should confess my sin to him.

I always carry my license now. Do you think I should turn my self in at the police station? :confused:
CountryDweller

Post by CountryDweller »

Why did you choose a career in law enforcement?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

sex in public place, misdemeanor. i could arrest for disorderly conduct, but would not unless you gave me trouble.....how far over speed limit...depends on if you are sticking out like a sore thumb, or going with the flow. or doing 85 in a school zone. then i will nail your butt. we have no ticket quota, it really varies. depends a lot on where you patrol. we leave rte.95, florida's main artery, to the highway patrol state trooper guys (AAA of the hwy. as we fondly call them :D ) orange sox...no, do not confess, i absolve you. now behave.:)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

CountryDweller wrote: Why did you choose a career in law enforcement?wow. i started out as a nurse. went to law school. was a law librarian. taught law at police academy. but my whole life i wanted to be an avenging angel for the abused and weak. so when my kids were adults i went to police academy. everyone thought i was crazy, but i did it. i am obsessed with homicide cases.
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

orange sox...no, do not confess, i absolve you. now behave.:)

I feel so much better now LC :D
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

lady cop wrote: wow. i started out as a nurse. went to law school. was a law librarian. taught law at police academy. but my whole life i wanted to be an avenging angel for the abused and weak. so when my kids were adults i went to police academy. everyone thought i was crazy, but i did it. i am obsessed with homicide cases.
You believed in yourself, and that's what counts!
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Far Rider wrote: ever shoot anyone?:-2yes.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ever want to shot some bad guy, and didn't because you knew you could nab them harmlessly?
CountryDweller

Post by CountryDweller »

lady cop wrote: wow. i started out as a nurse. went to law school. was a law librarian. taught law at police academy. but my whole life i wanted to be an avenging angel for the abused and weak. so when my kids were adults i went to police academy. everyone thought i was crazy, but i did it. i am obsessed with homicide cases.

Fantastic! Kids have to be very proud of their mom!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Far Rider wrote: odd feeling isn't it? never mind you dont have to answer that one! ;)
LC, is that the weirdest friggin' thing in the world??????? :yh_ooooo
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

CountryDweller wrote: Fantastic! Kids have to be very proud of their mom!actually they were horrified mom was a cop, they didn't get away with anything! poor guys.:D ..but seriously they were at my swearing-in and were proud. ...shooting....chonsi, that's why we have pepper spray and tasers, to save lives. we don't want to shoot people. but to protect the public or myself i will shoot to kill. Far and BR...you know what i am talking about. when you shoot another human being,nomatter how justified, it is a trauma on some level. we get sent to the shrink automatically.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

How long have you been a cop? And why have I never thought to ask you that before???? :confused:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: How long have you been a cop? And why have I never thought to ask you that before???? :confused:since 1998.prior to that i did investigative work for a Mass. DA. i started out doing undercover busting shoplifters and perverts, which i LOVE. they never suspect me when they are committing a crime, i just look like some cute lady :D and they invariably freak out when i bust them. heh heh. i love it.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

How long did it take you to come out of the depression you felt when you had your heart attack.... Get real with me - the fear went on how long? When did you finally relax and were able to say to yourself - you are OK again? Thanks LC. :-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Far Rider wrote: Well LC on my first adventure in shooting... there was no shrinks analyzin my buddies and I, we just dealt with it. the army wasnt prepared to deal with us, and quite frankly I could have dealt a lot better with out those guys prying into what I "felt" or was suppose to "feel" for the others. There aint no text book way to feel. and Ive felt differently about each incident.

but thanks for sharing.of course your situations and reactions would be different than mine. our training is much different for one thing. and i know what you mean, you can deal. we are required to take a week off and be evaluated. i was fine with it. train me to kill and then think i'll cry? nope.
cars

Post by cars »

What is your most favorite food currently? (and don't say donuts!) :)

What is your favorite color? (and don't say Black!)

When are you moving to England? (Not that I want you to go)

Sounds like you're back on the job, How's your health holding up? (good I hope)

When you're driving in your personal car, do you speed excessively, like when in the Crown Vic? If so, did you ever get pulled over?

Have you ever been sued, for using excessive force on the perps?
Cars :)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

nvalleyvee wrote: How long did it take you to come out of the depression you felt when you had your heart attack.... Get real with me - the fear went on how long? When did you finally relax and were able to say to yourself - you are OK again? Thanks LC. :-4funny you should ask...i saw cardio guy monday, 9 months out from heart attack...he said 'you're depressed aren't you?'....first time it ever came up. i said yes, first time i ever told the truth. Bothwell had just gone back to england and also i am angry that i am not as strong as i was. i am not accepting it. whenever i have a chest pain i get scared.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

cars wrote: What is your most favorite food currently? (and don't say donuts!) :)

What is your favorite color? (and don't say Black!)

When are you moving to England? (Not that I want you to go)

Sounds like you're back on the job, How's your health holding up? (good I hope)

When you're driving in your personal car, do you speed excessively, like when in the Crown Vic? If so, did you ever get pulled over?

Have you ever been sued, for using excessive force on the perps?Cars you're a riot! i never ate donuts! i love shrimp and lobster. i am THE lady in red! red nails , red lips, pure 40's! i will go to england after i get all my job issues and health issues settled here. i want to go NOW! and i do not speed too badly, but a couple of my buddies have stopped me! LOL they wrote a big message in red on the briefing room blackboard'LC WHAT COLOR IS THIS????' HAHAHAHA...i have never been accused of excessive force. i will report people for excessive force.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

lady cop wrote: funny you should ask...i saw cardio guy monday, 9 months out from heart attack...he said 'you're depressed aren't you?'....first time it ever came up. i said yes, first time i ever told the truth. Bothwell had just gone back to england and also i am angry that i am not as strong as i was. i am not accepting it. whenever i have a chest pain i get scared.

What an insight to BTS - LC - thanks. At least he admitted it 1 week after the heart attack. I would really like to talk to you more about this.........it will help my understanding and maybe I can lend some support to you. Please talk to me more about this - it is important in my life and maybe yours..........I am very surprised by your answer - I never would have thought you still feel that way. I want to know all of your feelings about your heart attack. It will enable me to be closer to BTS and it will enable me to be a better friend to you.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Do you have any clue how totally kick-a$$ I think you are?? :-4
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Clint

Post by Clint »

Do you think you will ever move into LE administration?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

wow BR thanks xoxoxox-- i am honored. :-4 and Clint, i am recommended to be in charge of training when current person retires. that means i get stuck with new kids! aaagggghhhhhh!
Clint

Post by Clint »

lady cop wrote: wow BR thanks xoxoxox-- i am honored. :-4 and Clint, i am recommended to be in charge of training when current person retires. that means i get stuck with new kids! aaagggghhhhhh!
You will be excellent in training. The new kids will be getting the best.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Clint wrote: You will be excellent in training. The new kids will be getting the best.thanks Clint...but they are invariably gung-ho macho kids that i have to keep from shooting themselves! :wah:
Clint

Post by Clint »

lady cop wrote: thanks Clint...but they are invariably gung-ho macho kids that i have to keep from shooting themselves! :wah:
I don't know about you but I love being around young people just getting started out. They have so much enthusiasm and most of them are eager to learn.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

canaan wrote: If I see a policeman running a stop sign...can I do the citizens arrest on 'em?nope, if he is on a call he can run the sign. ... and Clint, me too, i love the kids, but honest to God, you have no idea what macho types police recruits are! testosterone overload! they need to be smacked down a bit and built up a bit. i like it even if i complain.
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Do you know how good you look in that uniform? Oops should have been a PM
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
xPaulx

Post by xPaulx »

in the Uk if someone is exposing theirselves in the street then it is not an arrestable offence unless somebody makes an official complaint, it thenbecomes 'indecent exposure'

is this the same in the states?

if not mind if i come streak!?!?!? :)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

xPaulx wrote: in the Uk if someone is exposing theirselves in the street then it is not an arrestable offence unless somebody makes an official complaint, it thenbecomes 'indecent exposure'

is this the same in the states?

if not mind if i come streak!?!?!? :)indecent exposure only needs a witness, not a formal complaint. if you want to run around naked over here be prepared for a.arrest and b.gales of laughter. :p
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Bothwell wrote: Do you know how good you look in that uniform? Oops should have been a PMalmost as good as YOU look in my uniform...want to play cops and robbers again? :D
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

I believe that the expression is " I take the 5th"
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Bothwell wrote: I believe that the expression is " I take the 5th":yh_chickn :yh_chickn :yh_chickn ....:wah:
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

have you ever arrested the wrong person? if so how do you feel after?
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

pink princess wrote: have you ever arrested the wrong person? if so how do you feel after?no i have not. and it's up to a jury to decide if it's the 'wrong person'.
Jives

Post by Jives »

If a distraught 13 year old pulled a gun on you....would you shoot him?:-2
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

do the wrong people get arrested as much as they make out they do on cop tv shows?
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Jives wrote: If a distraught 13 year old pulled a gun on you....would you shoot him?:-2that 13 year old can kill me dead...yes i would shoot to kill.
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

do you ever feel sorry for anyone you arrest?

like if there was someone who was down on their luck who stole a loaf of bread from a shop for his children....
life is what you make it

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

does it make you laugh when people call it a cop stick thingy? :yh_rotfl

Sorry, Canaan.

Return to “General Chit Chat”