Bad, Bad Day

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
l.plates

Bad, Bad Day

Post by l.plates »

Have you ever gone to work, and wished you'd not bothered? Now I'm not saying I'm perfect but clean yes. How do you tell a fellow worker that they st--k, every plug socket has got an air freshener it, I cannot wait for the cold weather.

It's worse than the muck spreading the farmers put on there fields, we all went in with pegs hooked to our noses, but still did'nt get message, we all just looked like idiots. and just to make it worse been invited to a party at the house yuk OH help.

l.plates :eek: :eek: :eek:
CountryDweller

Bad, Bad Day

Post by CountryDweller »

An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips....

just come out and tell him. Do you honestly think cold weather will drive the odor away? Not.

If you all were able to walk infront of him with pegged noses...maybe a bag full of soap, shampoo, etc., left on his desk would do the trick????

Take him aside and just tell him, is what I'd do.
Accountable

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Accountable »

Wouldn't you be grateful if you stank & someone told you privately rather than leaving hints?
chonsigirl

Bad, Bad Day

Post by chonsigirl »

Just tell him, in a nice way. We have that problem sometimes with kids-as they reach puberty, they change, they come out of the gym class and..............they usually don't know unless you tell them. Just say it in a nice way!
actionfigurestepho

Bad, Bad Day

Post by actionfigurestepho »

It'll be embarassing and awkward but they probably don't even realize it. I agree with talking to this person one on one in private. And don't mention that other people have noticed it, that would be embarassing!
lady cop

Bad, Bad Day

Post by lady cop »

flopstock wrote: could be medical.yes...i was reading the AMA Journal and Lancet about this....the latin name is iamallergictosoapandwaterandcouldnotbebotheredbecauseiplayvideogamesallnightuntilthebeerrunsout. it is a devastating disease. we need to have a telethon.
l.plates

Bad, Bad Day

Post by l.plates »

Hi

We have been polite, I did a one to one and nearly got a black eye, rather a large person must do keep fit and weight training, yer likes the Boooze as well, you may be right Lady Cop.

The fire hose seems a good idea, Ill mention that to one of the others though, not risking a black eye a second time.

I cannot think of a medical problem for not using soap and water. I'm not horrible to people but this one dont listen to anyone.
Accountable

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Accountable »

When I was stationed in England, my squadron commander's secretary had a medical problem that manifested in her slurring her speech and reeking. I don't mean a bad body odor; I mean we knew if she was at work the instant we entered the building. She was at the far end separated by 2 doors! (that sentence looks funny alone, but you know what I mean)

I complained to the commander once. He asked me "I'm in here all day. Do you really think I haven't noticed?" That's when he explained her condition as much as he could without violating her privacy.
Bez

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: Wouldn't you be grateful if you stank & someone told you privately rather than leaving hints?

We are dealing with a fellow human being here.....there may be many reasons why this person has an odour problem (stinks)...even a medical problem. Someone needs to take him/her for a quiet coffee and explain the situation....sure he/she will be upset short term but what is happening at the moment is a tad spiteful to say the least. ....just make sure that the person who does the explaining is a 'people person' (team leader or supervisor) and doesn't make the situation worse and is prepared for tears or anger in the first instance...honestly is the best policy and a lot kinder.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
abbey

Bad, Bad Day

Post by abbey »

Take it to your supervisor or boss, let them deal with it.

Its highly unlikely he'll give them a black eye!
observer1

Bad, Bad Day

Post by observer1 »

Won't the boss take charge & tell him to please keep clean?
l.plates

Bad, Bad Day

Post by l.plates »

Hi

Yer a lot of good points there, and I agree I am talking about another human being here, I agree with you Bez kindness is probably the better way, we dont mean to be horrible we are not like that rearly, but it does take some putting up with, cannot get away from it.

So I'M backing out on that, let the boss do the worrying and risk the black eye, cause everybody has got or had a problem of some sort. none of us are perfect after all. are we?

L.Plates
Accountable

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Accountable »

No, but Bez is close. :-4
Peg

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Peg »

we all went in with pegs hooked to our noses
For the record, I was hooked to absolutely noone's nose.:p

We had the same problem where I used to work. I used to take body spray and "accidently" overshoot and get the odorous person, or I'd say, "This smells really good. Want some on?" and just spray it on her before she had the chance to say no. It helped a bit.
actionfigurestepho

Bad, Bad Day

I worked in an office with a woman who was a bit of a hippie and didn't wear deoderant for her own moral or phisolophical reasons or whatever they were. She was very clean in terms of showering regularly but it still got to be a bit much, especially when the weather was warm. Since she was open about being against such products, we asked her to bring in a little fan. She did and it really helped. She'd aim it at herself so the air would go into a corner, away from us. If you work at a desk, a well placed fan can make a lot of difference.
Jives

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Jives »

I'm with Bez on this one. I used to work as a chef and they are notorious for not caring what they smell like (since they will smell like a dozen different foods by the end of the day anyway).

I will say this, though. i stopped using anti-perspirants and switched to deoderants only after I saw the research on breast cancer in men and women. Apparently, It's not good for the body to not sweat out poisons and toxins. Those poisons remain in the underarm area, in the lymph nodes and cause cancer.

Get rid of the smell....but still let your body get rid of the poisons!:o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
actionfigurestepho

Bad, Bad Day

Jives wrote:

I will say this, though. i stopped using anti-perspirants and switched to deoderants only after I saw the research on breast cancer in men and women. Apparently, It's not good for the body to not sweat out poisons and toxins. Those poisons remain in the underarm area, in the lymph nodes and cause cancer.

I thought that was exposed as a myth since we have sweat glands literally over our entire bodies, not just under our arms. But that was years ago. Has there been any new research on that?
Accountable

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Accountable »

I only wear stick deodorant. I tried to find a female variety for my beloved, but I could only find stick antiperspirant. I think that's odd.
Jives

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Jives »

actionfigurestepho wrote: I thought that was exposed as a myth since we have sweat glands literally over our entire bodies, not just under our arms. But that was years ago. Has there been any new research on that?

Yes, I saw some new correlations on the subject, but I never trust that anyway. My instincts on this are that it just makes common sense. Therefore...myth or no...I make my own way.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
actionfigurestepho

Bad, Bad Day

Jives wrote: Yes, I saw some new correlations on the subject, but I never trust that anyway. My instincts on this are that it just makes common sense. Therefore...myth or no...I make my own way.

It's so hard to be a consumer nowadays. First something causes cancer, heart disease, impotency, whatever, then it doesn't. Then years later it's considered good for you. Then it causes cancer again. Very confusing. I heard a theory going around that underwires cause breast cancer which doesn't seem quite plausable to me.
Accountable

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Accountable »

But beer & chocolate are good for ya!! :wah:

Bad, Bad Day

Post by 911 »

actionfigurestepho wrote: It's so hard to be a consumer nowadays. First something causes cancer, heart disease, impotency, whatever, then it doesn't. Then years later it's considered good for you. Then it causes cancer again. Very confusing. I heard a theory going around that underwires cause breast cancer which doesn't seem quite plausable to me.

Ain't it the truth. You go with your heart, ya die, you go with the docs and ya die! I say go with your stomach and your nose everytime!

As far as the underwires goes. . . it probably causes cancer cuz it makes your bazooms higher than the good Lord intended. I hate those things. There is nothing more excruciating than having one of those wires pop out when you least expect it and at some formal time when you can't grab your bazoom and yell OUCH!:mad:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Bez

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: But beer & chocolate are good for ya!! :wah:

In moderation ACC...in moderation :yh_youkid
Accountable

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Accountable »

Bez wrote: In moderation ACC...in moderation :yh_youkid
Party Pooper! :p
Bez

Bad, Bad Day

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: Party Pooper! :p

Oh....go on then........;)
l.plates

Bad, Bad Day

Post by l.plates »

911 wrote: Ain't it the truth. You go with your heart, ya die, you go with the docs and ya die! I say go with your stomach and your nose everytime!

As far as the underwires goes. . . it probably causes cancer cuz it makes your bazooms higher than the good Lord intended. I hate those things. There is nothing more excruciating than having one of those wires pop out when you least expect it and at some formal time when you can't grab your bazoom and yell OUCH!:mad:

Hi

Talking of boosoms, I new a girl that arrived at a party with a flat chest, two minutes later she emerged from the ladies room looking like Dolly Parton, only trouble was she had pumped one side up larger than the other, wasnt long before they went bang, now that was painfull so she reckoned??
chrisb84uk

Bad, Bad Day

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ouch I bet she felt really stupid when that happened.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”