Pig Sty

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

My house is a MESS! I haven't gotten to any cleaning for 3 weeks. Granted I am not the neat freak from hell but there was the BTS heart attack and then 2 weeks as a sub teacher. My kids are grown and gone - but I used to keep a neat house even when I was working then and raising my kids. I feel like the slob from hell everytime I come home from work now. It is depressing!!! I can WRITE my name on furniture tabletops in the DUST!! I have done the laundry and the kept the kitchen clean BUT.........nothing .......and I mean nothing else is done, no dusting, no vacuuming, no mopping.......I can't even mention the other little things that need to be done..... .Sad but true. HELP get me organized again. :-5 :wah:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

OH COME ON - Am I the only house difficient person here?
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

I blow raspberries.......................
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

Thanks ladies........ just needed confirmation :D
PurpleChicken

Pig Sty

Post by PurpleChicken »

Yeah, don't be stressed about it NVV, we all get like that at times. I'm usually a neat freak, and like my house to be in order. But there are still times when you get really busy with lots of stuff on, and it gets rather disasterous!! Don't worry - you'll get to it eventually. Right now, there are more important things to do!
chonsigirl

Pig Sty

Post by chonsigirl »

NV, do not stress. As long as the area around the patient is clean, the rest of the house can be cleaned as you get to it! You are working at the same time, do not take it to heart. I work, have a patient, and some things must wait until the weekend, or the kid's get off their lazy rears to help! I will admit, I washd the 3 cars and waxed one this weekend, while they did homework, but they could have helped me out! That was on top of my regular housework..................sorry to gripe on your venting thread.......................
Peg

Pig Sty

Post by Peg »

MESSAGE TO BTS: Dusting is not strenuous activity. Your woman has helped you, now help her!

I know the feeling NV. Everyone around here seems to think why bother when they know I will do it. I try to do at least one thing before work, then one thing besides supper dishes after work. The house still drives me insane, but at least it is livable. My days off, I can't wait to get back to work to get a break.
minks

Pig Sty

Post by minks »

Oh NV this hits way to close to home for me.... I just got out of that slump, I was finding the house so depressingly messed I was not inclined to care therefore it stayed a mess. It is only the kid and I, but what I failed to realize is how very happy the clean house made me. So it was this silly endless circle. Come home to the sad house, be sad about the dis-array, but to down to do anything about it. It never felt like a good time to tidy. Kind of a depressed house depressed minks thing going on. But after discussions about my tidy up skills I came to realize, I so Hated my house like this and just this week I went crazy on it. The work kept my mind off other issues and the satisfaction of a job well done picked up my spirits hugely. It also sets a good example for Minks Jr. hehehehehe NV likely you are in a slump, you have so much on your mind housework becomes irrelavent and the messiness adds to the depressing feeling. It will change. If not you will find it less stressing when you accept it as a minor thing to stress over.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

I cleaned today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I feel sooo much better now. There are no floor crusties stuck on my bare feet. I can no longer write my name on the dining room table. I have a kitchen counter again. It doesn't take much to make me happy. :wah:
orangesox1

Pig Sty

Post by orangesox1 »

Good on ya,

when I saw your post I was going to write, " Arn't you supposed to be cleaning instead of chatting" Well my house is a mess today too , it happens to most of us from time to time when we get so busy with other things. I shouldn't be sat here either I have lots to do today.

Well done NV:-6 :-6 :-6
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

orangesox1 wrote: Good on ya,

when I saw your post I was going to write, " Arn't you supposed to be cleaning instead of chatting" Well my house is a mess today too , it happens to most of us from time to time when we get so busy with other things. I shouldn't be sat here either I have lots to do today.

Well done NV:-6 :-6 :-6

I would have deserved that little sarcastic comment and might have even laughed... I'd rather chat than clean any day of the week.
orangesox1

Pig Sty

Post by orangesox1 »

nvalleyvee wrote: I would have deserved that little sarcastic comment and might have even laughed... I'd rather chat than clean any day of the week.

I agree, I'm still logged on, I have done my exersice DVD in the mean time but haven't cleaned up the breakfast stuff yet, I think I'll go do that now :lips: for a while anyway.;)
BTS

Pig Sty

Post by BTS »

nvalleyvee wrote: I blow raspberries.......................

Tell the truth now..............
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

flopstock wrote: Ya know BTS sometime in the near future you're going to get me bannished from the garden....but not yet!:lips:

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Thanks Flop - I WAS telling the truth. He just told me that he put his clothes in the laundry basket and put the dishes in the dishwasher........Why wasn't I defending him.....:driving:
chonsigirl

Pig Sty

Post by chonsigirl »

Good for you NV! A little help around the house is always nice.
nvalleyvee

Pig Sty

Post by nvalleyvee »

chonsigirl wrote: Good for you NV! A little help around the house is always nice.

Yeah - it's been very little lately but he did walk in from work and comment about how nice the house looked. :D
chonsigirl

Pig Sty

Post by chonsigirl »

Need to work on mky kids about this now....................

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”