An untimely whoops

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
actionfigurestepho

An untimely whoops

Post by actionfigurestepho »

This doesn't really have to do with my day, but it has to do with my pastor's and I thought it was a little entertaining.

We have a church newsletter that comes out once a month. The articles go to print about a month in advance.

All last month they'd been psyching us up on the weather about huge storms and terrible flooding and tornado warnings...essentially stuff that never ended up happening. So my pasor wrote an article about "entertainment weather" and how it's a lot of hooey and we shouldn't be sheep and fall for it, and we didn't need to evacuate at the sign of a little wind.

The article came out today. Obviously in bad taste.

Naturally there was a public explanation about how it had nothing to do with the current situation, that it was about Ohio three weeks ago, and there was a lot of smoothing over.

Now whenever I think my day's going badly, I'll think back to my pastor and say "at least I didn't have an article published about scare tactic weathermen during the week of one of the worst hurricane disasters ever."

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”