NC Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

NC Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Amber Alert Issued for 12 Year Old North Carolina Girl

Posted: Friday August 26, 2005 3:49 PM CT

The Rocky Mount North Carolina Police Department has activated tha Amber Alert after the girl was reported missing on Friday morning. Authorities say she was discovered missing from her home Friday at about 6:50 a.m. Authorities suspect that she was abducted by a registered sex offender.

Jodie Renee Collie is described as a white female, approximately 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 114 pounds. Authorities say the girl has blonde hair and green eyes.

Police say the abductor, Phillip Daniel Denkler , 27, is a registered sex offender. He is described as a white male with straight, short, black hair and brown eyes.

The two were last seen in a beige 2005 Hyundai Sonata with North Carolina license plate number NMN-2630.

anyone who has information about this case is asked to call the Rocky Mount Police Department at (252) 972-1411 or 911.

lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

i just checked Amber Alert site, no photo of girl yet. which is odd.
Peg

NC Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

I'm wondering if that Denkler is her mother's boyfriend.
Peg

NC Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Jodie Renee Collie
lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

i am bewildered that there have been NO details, no media coverage, NOTHING out there on this case. ...not that i have found anyway. have you seen anything?
Peg

NC Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Nothing. I even googled the child's name yesterday and came up with nothing about the case.
lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

have you ever seen anything like it? i haven't! we'd be pulling out all the stops. this smells like a big dead fish. :(
BabyRider

NC Amber Alert

Post by BabyRider »

I just googled the abductors name and got no more than what is already posted here. Weird....
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

:popUp('/slideshow/news/4913226/detail.html','width=750,height=640,scrollbars');">

Missing N.C. Child May Have Been Lured Away By Sex Offender

POSTED: 6:14 am EDT August 30, 2005

UPDATED: 6:43 am EDT August 30, 2005

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- A 12-year-old girl is missing in North Carolina and police say they're concerned she may be with a convicted sex offender.

Jodie Collie was last seen at her home in Rocky Mount, N.C., Thursday night. There was no sign of a struggle, and relatives said she left a note saying goodbye.

But, authorities in Alabama said Jodie may be in "extreme danger" and are seeking the public's help. Police think she was lured away by 27-year-old sex offender Phillip Daniel Denkler, who served a prison sentence for taking indecent liberties with a child. The two apparently had talked by telephone for months.

The girl's mother says she knew of Denkler, but no one in the family was aware of his criminal record or that he had been in touch with Jodie.

A felony kidnapping warrant was issued for Denkler on Aug. 26.

Jodie is a 5-foot-4, 114 pound white girl with blonde hair and green eyes. Denkler was described as a 6-foot-1, 150 pound white man with short black hair and brown eyes. A police photograph released as part of an Amber Alert showed him wearing glasses and a light mustache.

A police alert said the pair may be in a 2005 beige Hyundai Sonata with North Carolina license plates NWN2630 or PSA2000.

Anyone with information can contact the Rocky Mount police at 252-972-1411, the FBI in Charlotte, N.C., at 704-377-9200, or the Alabama Department of Public Safety at 334-242-4128.
mominiowa

NC Amber Alert

Post by mominiowa »

ohhh that makes me sick to think about her actually "wanting?" to leave with him.. What has that wonderful man:mad: been telling her this whole time...It makes you think of your own children and what they believe and don't at this age! I hope she realizes that he is trouble and isn't ALL THAT and calls some one..SOON.

** our local paper states the reason nothing was known was because she had told them she was running away - but nothing was said about the note or if his name was in it..Phone records showed phone calls to him***

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

just coming across the wires, no details yet...the girl has been found.
Peg

NC Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Any news yet? Was she found or her body?
lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

found alive is all i know. in fact the bulletin just said 'found', i hope that meant alive.
mominiowa

NC Amber Alert

Post by mominiowa »

Anything???????

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
lady cop

NC Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

...•

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — A 12-year-old North Carolina girl reported missing since last week was found Tuesday in Iowa, authorities said.Des Moines police found Jodie Collie of Rocky Mount at the city's bus station shortly after 8 p.m. She had called her grandfather, who called the FBI, which notified police in Des Moines. She was by herself and unharmed, officials said.

"The hughest weight has been lifted off my shoulders," said the girl's mother, Kim Baker. "All the prayers I've been praying have been answered. She's safe and she'll be back soon.

"I think we'll all be fighting to see who hugs her first. I don't think I'll let her go for a couple of hours."

Authorities issued warrants for Phillip Denkler 27, charging him with felony child abduction and probation violation. Denkler is a registered sex offender who served a prison sentence for taking indecent liberties with a child.

Police in Des Moines said there was no sign of Denkler at the bus station.

Collie was taken to a hospital to be examined, but her condition was not available late Tuesday.

Des Moines Police Sgt. Brian Vance said he was told there were no signs of physical injury."Of course, she was emotionally distraught at this time," Vance said.

The girl told officers she had been dropped off at the bus station. Police put out an alert for the Hyundai Sonata in which she and Denkler may have been traveling.

Collie and Denkler apparently had talked on the telephone for months. Baker said she knew of Denkler, but no one in the family was aware of his criminal record or that he had been in touch with her daughter.
Peg

NC Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

I am so relieved she is safe. I hope they catch him and soon. A bullet between the eyes would be true justice.
actionfigurestepho

NC Amber Alert

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Yay! I love when Amber Alert stories have happy endings. She's so lucky to be alive.

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”