This was my yesterday

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
observer1

This was my yesterday

Post by observer1 »

Let me start by saying that my cat, Spooky, is like my baby. I don't think he even realizes he's a cat!

Yesterday, while I was getting ready for work, I noticed he took a long time in his litter box. I knew that he'd previously had major problems with his UT. But he hadn't been laying around or anything & was still eating. When I got to work, one of the girls here asked how my cat was doing. I told her how he'd "done #2" in my bedroom twice in the last couple of days & I had to scold him for it & close my bedroom door to him. I also told her how he'd taken so long in his litter box & had only tinkled a little. She said, "You have to get him to the doctor immediately!". So I called my vet right away & they wanted me to bring him in. But they required a $50 deposit. I get paid once a month & don't have 2 pennies to rub together right now. This wonderful woman (from work) LENT me the money! I took him in & they kept him for the doctor to look at. I hadn't even gotten a mile down the road when the doctor called me. It seemed that Spooky was very sick & had a bladder the size of a baseball!! My options were to do surgery to clean him out (costing between $500 & $1000), open him up (make him a female) (costing between $1000 & $1500), or put him down. Of course, I don't have a lot of money, but qualified for a credit line with them through another company (credit care) for up to $1000. Well, I bawled. In the end, I just couldn't bear to have him put to sleep. He's all I have left. So, Spooky went under the knife last evening. I'm happy to report though, that he's doing better & still at the vet's, recuperating.

One more thing... I also broke my glasses yesterday morning while trying to clean them. Now I have to wear old contacts & don't have the money to get new glasses/contacts. Next thing ya know, my car's gonna go kaput! :(
actionfigurestepho

This was my yesterday

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I'm so glad your cat is going to be OK!

They say things come in threes, so be careful about that upcoming third expense! The car always goes at the worst possible time.
Hang Man

This was my yesterday

Post by Hang Man »

that sucks bad.
observer1

This was my yesterday

Post by observer1 »

actionfigurestepho wrote: I'm so glad your cat is going to be OK!

They say things come in threes, so be careful about that upcoming third expense! The car always goes at the worst possible time.

I'd say with the price of gas right now, that would be the third thing! Who can afford anything??? :mad:
minks

This was my yesterday

Post by minks »

observer1 wrote: I'd say with the price of gas right now, that would be the third thing! Who can afford anything??? :mad:

Geeze 1OBee that is awful, and who ever has money put aside these days for these things. Gosh I hope that is the end of all the bad things, but I guess good news is kitty is ok. And bless you for being so kind as to have kitty fixed as opposed to put to rest. That on it's own is a grand thing.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
observer1

This was my yesterday

Post by observer1 »

minks wrote: Geeze 1OBee that is awful, and who ever has money put aside these days for these things. Gosh I hope that is the end of all the bad things, but I guess good news is kitty is ok. And bless you for being so kind as to have kitty fixed as opposed to put to rest. That on it's own is a grand thing.

Thanks Minks. It really was a tough decision, because I'm definitely not rich. But I bawled & kept remembering how he came to me when I came home & loaded him up to take him in. It wasn't like he was too sick to move or that there wasn't any hope at all. I know some will think I'm crazy, but he's my baby. ;)
robinseggs

This was my yesterday

Post by robinseggs »

None of my business, but think I'd switch vets. And by the way...you can check out your local humane society too as they have the cheapest rates in town for vet visits. Hope this helps!
Nature laughs Last
observer1

This was my yesterday

Post by observer1 »

robinseggs wrote: None of my business, but think I'd switch vets. And by the way...you can check out your local humane society too as they have the cheapest rates in town for vet visits. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info robin, but I adopted a puppy from our local humane society years ago, who ended up having parvo virus. I wound up paying another vet $300 to make him well (he was near death). I called the humane society & asked, since the dog was sick when we got him, how they were going to help me. Their response was, "You can bring him back & get another one." Yeah, I'm going to go get ANOTHER SICK dog!!! Parvo is VERRRRY contagious. I was furious & vowed never to do ANY business with them again. :mad:
jasmund

This was my yesterday

Post by jasmund »

-I am so glad that spooky is ok!, alot of us have pets(children) to us, and understand.

-On the side of MONEY-

-who the heck has any!!!! It takes all week to make and 20 minutes to send out to creditors

-I told my boss, Hey kevin, (I work in pharmacy) "were a multi-billion doallar a year industry, pretty soon a gallon of gas will cost more than you pay us an hour!!

-he gave me a look(raised eyebrow) I said ya, didnt like that one did ya?

-The truth hurts doesnt it pal"

-Then he cracked up

-take care , Jasmund
observer1

This was my yesterday

Post by observer1 »

Wow! That was a daring thing to say to your boss, but very true! But if your boss is like mine, he'd just have a smart (kidding) comment back. My boss is a riot!
observer1

This was my yesterday

Post by observer1 »

Well, I just spoke with the vet. Spooky is getting better, but they still want to keep him til Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. He still has a cathater in & they're trying to get him to eat more. I'm gonna try to go visit him tomorrow. :-6
actionfigurestepho

This was my yesterday

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I'm so glad your cat is getting better! They really are like family members and it's so troublesome when they get sick. I hope you can take him home soon.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”