My day is terrible so far

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I haven't been able to keep anything down and I have to go to dialysis where I will sit in a chair for 3.5 hours and not be able to get up, even if I feel sick. I'm afraid that if they see I am sick they're going to raise a huge fuss and try to send me to the hospital, because that's what they do there for any little thing.

I wonder if I can be slick, walking in with saltines and ginger ale and pepto?

Aside from the nausea, I am happy for the fall like weather. Wouldn't want to be sick if it were 90 degrees outside.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

actionfigurestepho wrote: I haven't been able to keep anything down and I have to go to dialysis where I will sit in a chair for 3.5 hours and not be able to get up, even if I feel sick. I'm afraid that if they see I am sick they're going to raise a huge fuss and try to send me to the hospital, because that's what they do there for any little thing.

I wonder if I can be slick, walking in with saltines and ginger ale and pepto?

Aside from the nausea, I am happy for the fall like weather. Wouldn't want to be sick if it were 90 degrees outside.
Mind over stomach, Steph. We're pulling for you. Use this positive energy. If you feel things shifting where they shouldn't go, think of me...

And SMILE!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Can't you eat whatever you want during dialysis? So you have some goodies to look forward to, besides the yuchy stuff?
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

Nausea is the worst- and dialysis, yet. I feel terrible for you!

My wife always puts me on a BRAT diet when I get sick- Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Tea.

Hang in there!
Look what the cat dragged in.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

We are pulling for you girl...Hang in there-- ACCT. is right though- when you feel a little queasy - just think of his BUTT and laugh.........:-4 Seriously though - be tough- you have made it so far...waiting for this kidney is going to be tough - but the outcome will be fantastic...

:yh_hugs :yh_pray Praying for a quick match for you..........

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

my heart goes out to you. fighting that nausea is so miserable. i hope your ordeal will be over soon!
valerie

Post by valerie »

telaquapacky wrote: Nausea is the worst- and dialysis, yet. I feel terrible for you!

My wife always puts me on a BRAT diet when I get sick- Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Tea.

Hang in there!

Hmmm I always thought the "T" was for Toast!!

Glad you at least know about ginger ale, stepho!! Hang in there!! We're

all rootin' for ya here!!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

valerie wrote: Hmmm I always thought the "T" was for Toast!!

all rootin' for ya here!!I thought it was T for two

and two for tea...
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

valerie wrote: Hmmm I always thought the "T" was for Toast!!

all rootin' for ya here!!Hear hear! Let's charge our glasses and toast Valerie for her correct observation! It is toast! Cheers!:D
Look what the cat dragged in.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Accountable wrote: I thought it was T for two

and two for tea...

"Me for you, and you for me"

:o
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

actionfigurestepho

Thanks, guys! I discovered they make pepto bismul TABLETS...I chewed a few right before I went in and I came home so hungry I was able to eat actual meat! Woo! Although the last few posts make me think of tap dancing, and I'm definately not ready for that yet.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

actionfigurestepho wrote: Thanks, guys! I discovered they make pepto bismul TABLETS...I chewed a few right before I went in and I came home so hungry I was able to eat actual meat! Woo! Although the last few posts make me think of tap dancing, and I'm definately not ready for that yet.
AHA! I knew it would work! Glad to see you eating. :yh_flower
abbey

Post by abbey »

Hope your nausea is a little easier and you feel a little better today Steph x:yh_flower
actionfigurestepho

Speaking of comically bad days---

This morning I wasn't sick, but I still managed to sleep through my alarm. This was very bad.

What happened was I borrowed a camera from work, and I needed to have it returned by this morning, because the videographer was getting on a plane this morning and needed the camera for his out-of-state shoot. Not a problem, right?

By Tuesday I'm done with the camera, and it is sitting in the boyfriend's apartment. (We used his computer to edit the pictures.)

Unfortunately, I am po' and gas is expensive. So I have not been to the office or the boy's apartment for DAYS. I assume that since the camera is sitting on the floor in the apartment, that The Boy will take the camera to work with him (we work for the same small company.)

I am aware that as I borrowed the camera, it is technically my responsibility to give it back. However, I was thinking of the numerous times The Boy had left videos and what not at my house, and of those times I'd returned stuff for him.

Well of course The Boy is extremely busy, working two jobs and all...so he does not return the camera either.

I set my alarm for early this morning, thinking I would be up at the office before the videographer's flight left...plenty of time to make sure the camera had found its way home.

I was woken by a call from the videographer. "Where's my camera?"

"The Boy has it...it's been on his floor for three days"

"Where's The Boy?"

The Boy is apparently at his second job...Home Depot (the "HD" as I call it). He says he "doesn't care" what I do but I need to get that camera back ASAP.

Now I live maybe 20 minutes from the office, if it's early morning or late at night and there's no traffic. Unforunately, every route possible that I can take to get up there is infested with traffic...and every route happens to be a truck route. Estimated drive time at 9:30 am is 40 minutes.

I rolled out of bed and grabbed my bag...and by "bag" I mean the oh-so-discreet Cleveland Clinic bag that houses a huge jug I'm supposed to be collecting my urine in for 24 hours. It's oh so much fun trying to widdle into a jug. I think everyone should do it. But that's not my point.

I made it up there in 20 minutes. I drove so fast I burned 1/4 of a tank of gas. The videographer is not returning any phone calls. So I pick up the camera...drive to his house. He's not there. I call again. No answer. I drive to the office...he's not there, no answer.

I locate our animator and discover that the plane doesn't technically take off for a number of hours. Furthermore, the videographer is just running some errands and will be back in "a little while." Meaning that I tore up there for absolutly no reason. I was totally disgusted. I was still wearing pink sweatpants and a college t-shirt, had bedhead, had not even washed my face, no bra...bad stuff.

On my leisurly way home I get a text message from The Boy. It said "Oh yeah, get that memory card out of the removable drive."

Ha!

Like I was going back for THAT.

So I don't know what's on that memory card, but I have determined it is Not My Problem anymore.

Now I'm going to drive all the way baaaack up there for an ultrasound. Which I have been fasting all day for.

At least I'm not throwing up like I was on Tuesday.
minks

Post by minks »

And furthermore, the next person who dares to gripe about a bad day I will direct to this thread promptly hehehehe Oh Action life has it's ways of really pi$$ing us off don't it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Ohh that all sounds shi**y, you really are having a rough time :(
actionfigurestepho

Actually I'm laughing about today. There are days that can be over-the-top annoying, but since nothing tragic actually happens, it's OK. It's not like anyone died or anything. This was just...comedic.
BTS

Post by BTS »

Accountable wrote: I thought it was T for two

and two for tea...

naw both wrong......... it is "T" for TEXAS

(jimmy rodgers)

Give me a t for texas, give me a t for tennessee

Give me a t for texas, give me a t for tennessee

Give me a t for thelma, woman made a fool out of me

If you don't want me baby, mama you sure don't got to stall

I've had more pretty women than a passenger train could haul

I'm gonna buy myself a shotgun, one with a long shiny barrel

I'm gonna buy myself a shotgun, one with a long shiny barrel

I'm gonna shoot me a rounder oh that stole away my gal

I'd rather drink your muddy water, sleep down in a hollow log

Than to be in atlanta, georgia, treat me like a dirty dog

(i don't have to go for that)

'cause i've had more pretty women than a passenger train could haul

And that ain't all

Than to be in atlanta, georgia, treated like a dirty dog

Oh give me a t for texas, give me a t for tennessee

Give me a t for texas, give me that t for tennessee

One more time

Give me a t for thelma, oh that woman made a fool...

I said said oh, that woman made a fool

Out of me, yeah
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”