Welcome to my day!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Tombstone

Welcome to my day!

Post by Tombstone »

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
valerie

Welcome to my day!

Post by valerie »

My only complaint is the WEATHER. Gray and depressing, AGAIN. Week after

week of the same old stuff. Constant drizzle on my morning walk. Really

brings me down. I feel terrible bringing it up when so many have so much

worse to deal with!!

The upside is I got to chat with a handsome young police officer this

morning! Somebody took a golf cart and dumped it... AGAIN!!

Here's some sun for myself: :-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

abbey

Welcome to my day!

Post by abbey »

Apart from my head looking like i've had a pudding basin on it,

i've had a good day thanks, hope all you garden folk are enjoying your day x. :-6
Accountable

Welcome to my day!

Post by Accountable »

I like pudding :)
Lon

Welcome to my day!

Post by Lon »

It's a great day so far, as I sit here eating my lunch. The sun is shining, it's 85 F and dry, and I am on the right side of the grass. Going for a bit of swim after lunch, then a bar-b- q with friends and off to the movies later tonight.
valerie

Welcome to my day!

Post by valerie »

Far Rider wrote: Val this is the coolest weather??? whatcha talkin bout! No complaint here about our weather! I love it!

I'm in the minority, I know Far. But I hate it. No sense in getting riled

about it 'cause it isn't gonna change any time soon!! But I would a

million times rather have the hot sunny mornings I used to have growing

up than this junk. It's like winter all summer long. Last year we only had

11 total sunny mornings between July 1st and August 15th. I didn't

even count up this summer because I really don't want to think about it

any more than I do already! ACK!! I'm a mess, I know.

More sun

:-6 :-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Betty Boop

Welcome to my day!

Post by Betty Boop »

Not a bad day all in all, until this evening, have spent the day defrosting a fridge/freezer, my freind came to help me move it and I managed to get my right hand slammed up against a granite wall, ouch!!!

It still hurts now, sitting here with a cold wet teatowel wrapped around it feeling sorry for myself!!:-1
mominiowa

Welcome to my day!

Post by mominiowa »

My day was fine until I got a phone call from my daughters friends mother (follow me? ) this morning saying she had gotten hurt on thei farm last night after falling into a creek...:confused: ..That was last night and now today she has eyes that are swollen shut - where she got scratched has red and nasty things around it - and her tummy hurt...So I went out and got her - and took her to the doctor..Held her down as they gave her 2 very big shots in order to ward off infection that has started to get into her blood from all the damn run off of pesticides, now we wait till 6:00 to have another blood draw and see if she needs an over night in the hospital to be on IV's for infection resons! Can u imagine? ...and I wonder why people have cancer! Kids can't even enjoy a fun filled after noon out on the farm with out getting into a meth lab in a creek or poison from one thing or another!!!!! I am becoming AMISH - or better yet moving to Alaska!:mad:

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Accountable

Welcome to my day!

Post by Accountable »

Betty Boop wrote: Not a bad day all in all, until this evening, have spent the day defrosting a fridge/freezer, my freind came to help me move it and I managed to get my right hand slammed up against a granite wall, ouch!!!

It still hurts now, sitting here with a cold wet teatowel wrapped around it feeling sorry for myself!!:-1
Should'a checked with me. I could've given you a better process.
Betty Boop

Welcome to my day!

Post by Betty Boop »

Accountable wrote: Should'a checked with me. I could've given you a better process.

No, AC you could have moved it for me, instead of two headstrong women determined to get the job done!!!

We'd have made coffee for you and maybe have baked you a cake in appreciation! :)
minks

Welcome to my day!

Post by minks »

I have gas :(
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Welcome to my day!

Post by Betty Boop »

minks wrote: I have gas :(

:yh_rotfl Really!!!

I have indegestion.
minks

Welcome to my day!

Post by minks »

Betty Boop wrote: :yh_rotfl Really!!!

I have indegestion.

Care for a ginger tablet

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Welcome to my day!

Post by Betty Boop »

minks wrote: Care for a ginger tablet

Can I have a ginger biscuit instead??
nvalleyvee

Welcome to my day!

Post by nvalleyvee »

I went for a second opinion to a dentist today. The only reason I went was so the dentist could tell me the first dentist was wrong, wrong, wrong in his treatment suggestion. Raspberries!!!!!!!!!!!! The first dentist was right, right, right. The only difference was the second dentist was going to charge $2,500.00 less. So that was good news. The bad news - it's going to take a year or more to save up enough money to get the work done. Note to self - never ride an ATV - even with a helmet on.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
theia

Welcome to my day!

Post by theia »

nvalleyvee wrote: I went for a second opinion to a dentist today. The only reason I went was so the dentist could tell me the first dentist was wrong, wrong, wrong in his treatment suggestion. Raspberries!!!!!!!!!!!! The first dentist was right, right, right. The only difference was the second dentist was going to charge $2,500.00 less. So that was good news. The bad news - it's going to take a year or more to save up enough money to get the work done. Note to self - never ride an ATV - even with a helmet on.

That sounds like a lot nv. We have to pay for dental treatment here now and it's becoming very expensive. It's really hard to find an NHS dentist anymore.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
minks

Welcome to my day!

Post by minks »

nvalleyvee wrote: I went for a second opinion to a dentist today. The only reason I went was so the dentist could tell me the first dentist was wrong, wrong, wrong in his treatment suggestion. Raspberries!!!!!!!!!!!! The first dentist was right, right, right. The only difference was the second dentist was going to charge $2,500.00 less. So that was good news. The bad news - it's going to take a year or more to save up enough money to get the work done. Note to self - never ride an ATV - even with a helmet on.

Gosh I feel like I just watched the old PONG game hehehe

Oh fine you guys have worse days than mine ... leaves thread in shame. hehehehehe

― Mae West
nvalleyvee

Welcome to my day!

Post by nvalleyvee »

minks wrote: Gosh I feel like I just watched the old PONG game hehehe

Oh fine you guys have worse days than mine ... leaves thread in shame. hehehehehe

Sorry - I get carried away when I get excited :-5
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
minks

Welcome to my day!

Post by minks »

nvalleyvee wrote: Sorry - I get carried away when I get excited :-5

No sorry needed just struck me as sooo.... me

I pity you and your dental visits bleck

― Mae West
Peg

Welcome to my day!

Post by Peg »

My day was fine. Work was okay. Now my daughter is on her first date. I'm a wreck. My son is at a skate park. I'm a wreck. I showed the gardeners I'm an idiot, and I'm laughing again. I'm just a laughing wreck tonight!
KritterLover

Welcome to my day!

Post by KritterLover »

My day started off by getting up to go to work, went into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee and had none to make! Always have a can in reserve. Guess I had better stock up.

Then, unexpected Floridian friends show up at work to spend the day while they are in town.
It's hard to keep a straight face....

around here!
nvalleyvee

Welcome to my day!

Post by nvalleyvee »

I just spent 5 hours canning the veggies from my garden. I taught a neighbor. I takes hours and hours to pick, prep, cook canning juices, get the canner ready and do the sterilization process. I would really hate to kill myself :driving:
minks

Welcome to my day!

Post by minks »

I am ripped from getting my telephone bill last nite when I got home from work.

A GD $4.50 charge on it, what was it for you ask, Long Distance Admin Fee, what the heck are they administrating when I have not made any LD calls oooooooo the jerks, And currently they are on strike so guess I only pay what I want ahahahaha Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

― Mae West
Bez

Welcome to my day!

Post by Bez »

I've had a good week..had 5 days off and spent them gardening, walks in the country......it's been very hot and I'm taking a good tan back to work...(some heat bumps too).

This morning I wake up to a thunderstorm, lots of rain and the temperatures dropped 5 degrees. Went to the super market which was heaving with people and crying kids. The queue at the checkouts were l o n g and when I got out to the car it was still raining....got home....still raining... Unpacked shopping...hate that job... and logged on to FG.....everything has looked up since...thank you FG. and all you lovely people for brightening my day.

Bez :-6 :-6 :-6
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
buttercup

Welcome to my day!

Post by buttercup »

i need to pee & cant get into my toilet :-5
LottomagicZ4941

Welcome to my day!

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

Well I slept till the chitlin needed to be fed. He went back to sleep I did not.

Ate posted some posting on some forums. Then set up some auto surfs. Ate and then back to forums. When I get tired I'll try and sleep again.

Hum better let the dog out.

Prior to going to sleep had a very romantic evening with the wife but that was actually part of yesterday.

Have an appointment to get the cable fixed from 1 to 3 and also need to get a wedding present for my blister. Brothers are bothers and sisters are blisters.

Lotto

http://surfboardblogsite.jconserv.net/v ... c.php?t=34

MagicZ4941A
LottomagicZ4941

Welcome to my day!

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

buttercup wrote: i need to pee & cant get into my toilet :-5

LOL there has to be more to that story.

Did that to our poor cat last week.

Tried to get the toilet located near her cat box fixed.

Lotto

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... post107419

MagicZ4941A
SweetDarlin

Welcome to my day!

Post by SweetDarlin »

I'm trying to process invoices with the company's new Online software *(&#&*#$. worked fine last week. Today it keeps shutting me out... system errors and junk.

the upside is, I get to post while waiting for pages to load.
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
mominiowa

Welcome to my day!

Post by mominiowa »

Oh here I am again.....This morning started with the phone call from school informing that one of our teachers had passed away - due to cancer the night before..I had just gotten done telling the kids about it - as she has a girl in my 11 year olds class....when the phone rang and we had found out - just 3 hours later - that another young mother was taken by it also...So here is my 6th grader wondering when does her class get the break - she lost a friends mother, a teacher -and now another class mates mom too? Where does this stuff stop? and wonder why women needs anti depressants...so longer story - she doesn't get her chores done because she went with some friends to pick out a gift from the class for both girls - and the hubby screams at her because the dishwasher -(her chore today) wasn't unloaded..she bursts into tears and runs to her room - and now says she HATES her step dad.....:( I just don't get life somedays............I really don't.

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

nvalleyvee

Welcome to my day!

Post by nvalleyvee »

Well Mom - the step needs a little compassion - even if it is just for today. I am sure your daughter is very frightened for you and that is part of it.
mominiowa

Welcome to my day!

Post by mominiowa »

Hey NV- How did your kids take it when you knew some one that had died of cancer..because my girls just break down for days and days...I don't know how to console them - because as both know - All I can say is..Mommy has no plans of dying and that God has a plan for everything and today isn't my day- I also tell them Mommy will fight a long time before it beats her...I will not tell them I won't die becuase I could be lying and we all know that...What did you say and do? I am looking for the words of comfort but not fairy tale - as they are 13 and 11 -

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

nvalleyvee

Welcome to my day!

Post by nvalleyvee »

Mom - my daughter was living on her own - 19 - when she moved back home after my 5th chemo. I didn't ask her to do that but she knew how sick I was and thought it might be her last times with me. She had gone to several of my chemo's and saw me comfort the other newbies. She never got over the fear that I might die. I don't think she is over the fear yet. I just kept talking to her - yes - I'm sick now so I can get better. Your daughter has to be scared now - for YOU - her Mom. I am not sure how you can comfort her except to tell her how many women DO recover. I know you are aware of the % of women who do recover. I could talk to her if you like. I'm just sure she has seen all this death from cancer and it is tearing her heart apart because she loves you soo much. She needs some stories of recovery now.
mominiowa

Welcome to my day!

Post by mominiowa »

Oh what a wonderful idea...I will pm her email address if you don't mind...:):-4 THANKS!

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

Majenta

Welcome to my day!

Post by Majenta »

I think this is going to be one of those days...

I didn't sleep well last night and you know that feeling you get some mornings when you know the entire day is just going to be a write-off? I've only been at work for an hour and a half but it already feels more like three days, and I'm getting stressed about so many things... I just want to go back to bed :(
Bez

Welcome to my day!

Post by Bez »

I'm glad it's the end of the week and we have a long weekend. I've got a bad case of the blues today and I'm going to bed early to sleep it off ....not just yet though.....

Just after Christmas I plucked up courage to go to the Gym because despite healthy eating, I couldn't lose 1 1/2 stone i need to lose....anyway got signed in filled in health form..the guy took my blood pressure ...too high to exercise....go to DR.....DR sends me to hospital for blood tests....everything OK except cholestrol....also told to give up smoking. Go to 'Quit smoking clininc'....start on patches etc. ....don't smoke for 22 weeks..it's really hard...I have been smoking for 42 years.....tempted to have a ciggy a couple of weeks ago....now smoking a couple + everyday....have put on weight too. son & fiance having baby in October so want to feel fit....they're getting married in June 2006 so want to look slim and glam.....don't want to smell like an old ashtray.....why does it get harder to quit the further along the road you go...it was easy to start with.Feeling really sorry for myself, but know it is all down to my own willpower.....sorry to off load onto you guys, but thanks for being there. Any advice on slimming and quitting smoking gratefully recieved......Bez

A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
actionfigurestepho

Welcome to my day!

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Wow, congratulations on deciding to give up smoking! That's a huge step. One day you'll wake up and realize how great things smell when they're not covered in smoke, and your car will smell better...and your teeth will be whiter and you'll have more spending money. Those are all great things that come along with quitting! Plus it's getting colder...you won't have to huddle outside buildings in the wind, desperately trying to light one up with your gloves on. These are all things I focused on!

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”