iPod help please!

Ms Scarlett

iPod help please!

Post by Ms Scarlett »

Hi there

I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me with my new iPod.

I recently splashed out and bought a 20gb one which I'm very pleased with. I transferred around 500 songs over from my PC but am not happy with the way that the iPod has categorised them. With the potential for so many tunes to go on, I really feel that I need to put in my own categories. You know, like dance, disco, rock etc. Can I do this?

Also, I think I'm right in saying that the iPod will only recognise the song titles and artists if they are correctly "labelled" in my PC. Sometimes it seems to swop round the artist and song title and I'm guessing this is because it's not down right on my PC. I guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me to relabel them all!

Thanks in advance for any help. ;)
Ms Scarlett

iPod help please!

Post by Ms Scarlett »

Hi there and thanks for your response. So, basically what you're saying is that, even if I painstakingly go through and rename them all in my PC, they might still come up wrongly? :-5 Oh well, I can live with that I suppose.

To be honest, the bigger problem is how to categorise all the songs. It doesn't really matter what they're called as long as they're in the category I know they belong in, like disco, dance etc. If anyone out there knows whether or not this is possible, I shall be eternally grateful! :yh_hugs
abbey

iPod help please!

Post by abbey »

Hiya Ms Scarlett welcome into the Garden, hope you enjoy it here x.:)
tibsie

iPod help please!

Post by tibsie »

You need to right or ctrl click (depending on the system) the songs and select get info. You should be able to change the Genre of the song to whatever you want.

Regarding the stray ID3 tags, iTunes and the iPod should read the same tags so there really shouldn't be a problem. The only problem I've found with tags is getting the information in there in the first place.

---------------------------

Cheap Website Hosting and Domain Names

www.toms-hosting.com

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”