How Do You Spend Your Time?

Lon

Post by Lon »

I am asked this question all the time by people that are thinking about retiring and are worried about how to spend their time. My day started with breakfast at 6 AM and then onto the computer to check email, the markets, send a few emails, read online news and do a few posts to Forum Garden. At 7 AM I sat down to watch the completion of the PGA Golf Tournament on TV that was rained out and suspended on Sunday. 9:30 Am I went grocery shopping and stopped by Blockbuster to pick up a couple of DVD's. 11 AM I went swimming and swam laps for 45 minutes. At noon I played water volleyball with a group until 1 PM. 1:30 PM ate lunch and back on the computer to check email, the markets and a few posts to Forum Garden. 2:30 PM to 3:45 I finished reading a novel that I started last week. 4 PM to 4:15 PM I got dinner ready to go for tonight because my wife and I have a 4:45 PM tee time to play nine holes of golf. We will be home by 7 PM, have dinner and then watch one of the DVD's that I rented (Million Dollar Baby). I'll check emails and do a couple posts to Forum Garden on my laptop while watching the movie. Off to bed around 11 or 11:30 PM.

Tomorrow I have a 8 PM tee time to play in a tournament and that will take up my time until about 1 PM. And so it goes. I love retirement.
pina

Post by pina »

If thats what retirement is....then I can't wait. :D

abbey

Post by abbey »

Lon, you have made us so envious, live life to the full my friend :-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Sounds sweet to me!:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Sounds like my life. No stress - no worries.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Xxena

Post by Xxena »

Vast majority of it working... the little not working.. sleeping so I can get back to working after sleeping. Retirement is like vacations.. I know I'm suppose to get it but somehow my turn never gets here :-5

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:
rhiebert-fg

Post by rhiebert-fg »

Since taking an early package from public service, I spent two years assisting the wife in her three hip surgery's recovery. Now that she's back on her feet in more ways than one, I've taken on self-employment, including Amsoil, for some revenue, (six days a week) and do a variety of things as volunteer in a couple of situations. Once spring come to stay, I'll take up some photography but that would only be Sundays, which is a day of rest but can't resist talking about my passion, Amsoil

Replying to emails, writing articles, checking some discussion groups and going out for a Tim Horton's with a coffee buddy is a big chunk of my "free" time.
Xxena

Post by Xxena »

Xxena wrote: Vast majority of it working... the little not working.. sleeping so I can get back to working after sleeping. Retirement is like vacations.. I know I'm suppose to get it but somehow my turn never gets here :-5

Good grief... I was speed reading through the posts and not looking at dates or names and came across above and thought... GEE that person sounds like

my life - IT WAS MY POST LAST YEAR.. that is so pathetic, but its so true !

I guess we're going to take an extended leave of absence according to husband starting in June this year since we need it or this business is going to kill us.

Should be interesting to see how the company does without us wiping everyone's noses and holding hands daily BUT - most have worked for us 10 years or more and if they don't know their jobs NOW they never will. That being said.. we are

going to the RV show this weekend looking for a 5th Wheel Travel Trailer.. finish

up some projects in the retirement house on the lake and then take off in the truck/trailer with the dog kids and check out a few states we have wanted to visit and consider for retirment for years.. no schedule - no set times for anything for the first time I think in probably our lives.. when husband is bored beyond tears we will come back and see if the business is still standing and running.. of course if my paychecks stop arriving i guess that's a good idea of the situation huh :-3

and we will just take it one day, one week at a time and see what comes down

the pike next !

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:

Return to “Retirement Activities”