Local council member "screaming, shouting and bellowing on" after War Memorial "desecration"

spot

Local council member "screaming, shouting and bellowing on" after War Memorial "desecration"

Post by spot »

I almost hesitate to start the thread. One could scarcely make this stuff up. An ex-UKIP member of a local council declaring the war memorial had been desecrated by careless hedge trimming.
The worker told the investigation the Lanigans said they had been taking care of the area for several years and he described her as "screaming, shouting and bellowing on".

Mr Lanigan then threw a 3ft-tall tree at the worker's head causing soil and grit to enter his eye, the panel heard, with Mrs Lanigan keeping a "poker face" and only apologising 15 minutes later.

The panel heard the worker found the council leader's behaviour "astonishing, shocking and appalling".

Later the same day another officer received a "direct, very angry, very loud phone call" from Mrs Lanigan demanding he turn up at the council-owned memorial because the hedge had been destroyed.

The panel said this was "unwarranted and disrespectful".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-64777698
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Events”