Many moons ago

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Soberano

Many moons ago

Post by Soberano »

Hi, I was a member here many moons ago. I have had an email asking if I wanted to return so I thought I would poke my nose in and see if any one remembers me or Barman 🍺.
spot

Re: Many moons ago

Post by spot »

Soberano wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:20 am Hi, I was a member here many moons ago. I have had an email asking if I wanted to return so I thought I would poke my nose in and see if any one remembers me or Barman 🍺.
I'm glad the invite email reached you, not everyone has the same email address fourteen years later. We chatted in a pub in London that long ago, it was the second London meet, I'm sure others there recall it too. Gordon Brown was Prime Minister at the time, there's been a lot of downhill since then and we weren't at a pinnacle of political triumph to begin with.

Your account had, if I remember, lots of interesting observations interspersed with some of the worst jokes ever told - I hope you put up a few more examples. Or you could focus on Liz Truss or David Cameron which would have a similar effect.

It's good to see you here again.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:47 am
Soberano wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:20 am Hi, I was a member here many moons ago. I have had an email asking if I wanted to return so I thought I would poke my nose in and see if any one remembers me or Barman 🍺.
I'm glad the invite email reached you, not everyone has the same email address fourteen years later. We chatted in a pub in London that long ago, it was the second London meet, I'm sure others there recall it too. Gordon Brown was Prime Minister at the time, there's been a lot of downhill since then and we weren't at a pinnacle of political triumph to begin with.

Your account had, if I remember, lots of interesting observations interspersed with some of the worst jokes ever told - I hope you put up a few more examples. Or you could focus on Liz Truss or David Cameron which would have a similar effect.

I remember the London meet, was it really that long ago, how time travels.
We now have Grandchildren, pensions and slower cars, we are down to one car only as of last weekend.
No longer going abroad for holidays, I just can’t manage that any longer. We have a Caravan permanently sited in Cornwall, we spend a lot of time there from April through October.
We also have 2 dogs, a Westie and a Maltese Cross, both rescues so quite a lot of time and effort spent on them, worth it with every new trick they learn. We sadly lost our first Westie to Westie lung August 10th just gone, we had her for nearly 13 years and we miss her terribly, she has left a massive hole in our lives.
Well I’ve gobbed off enough for now, I’ll try and have a look around the garden, it seems an awful lot bigger and more complicated then it used to be, or maybe I’m just an old duffer now.
It's good to see you here again.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Welcome back to FG, waves from Cornwall. I bet you don't come down this far though, end of the world where I live :lol:
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Betty Boop wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:22 am Welcome back to FG, waves from Cornwall. I bet you don't come down this far though, end of the world where I live :lol:
We will be there sometime this summer, we try to cover as much as we can 🙂.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I'm off to Bude for a few days in March. not got any other Cornish visits sorted this year yet. Went to Boscastle last year, love that place we'll probably day trip there or call in there on the way home from Bude.
Have you made it over to the Scilly Isles ?
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Betty Boop wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:16 pm I'm off to Bude for a few days in March. not got any other Cornish visits sorted this year yet. Went to Boscastle last year, love that place we'll probably day trip there or call in there on the way home from Bude.
No, we do have to cater for two little dogs, both rescued from many tears animal rescue. One travels quite well but is shut down, the other, the baby gets terrible travel sickness, we are hoping she will get over this eventually but until she does we do everything in short journeys which means stopping every 15 minutes and letting her walk about for 10 minutes.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Soberano wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:25 pm
Betty Boop wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:16 pm I'm off to Bude for a few days in March. not got any other Cornish visits sorted this year yet. Went to Boscastle last year, love that place we'll probably day trip there or call in there on the way home from Bude.
No, we do have to cater for two little dogs, both rescued from many tears animal rescue. One travels quite well but is shut down, the other, the baby gets terrible travel sickness, we are hoping she will get over this eventually but until she does we do everything in short journeys which means stopping every 15 minutes and letting her walk about for 10 minutes.
Poor thing, you certainly don't want to be taking her on the Silly Onion then to the Scillies, most people can't stomach that boat ride.

Can you not get travel sickness pills for her? My youngest son, not a dog, gets travel sickness too, he's best in the front of the car looking out, I guess that's a bit difficult for a little dog. I found him a pair of glasses with liquid in them, strange things, but he says they help.

Return to “Introductions”