Vikings

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
tabby

Vikings

Post by tabby »

We've gotten hooked on the series "Vikings". I think it ran for 8 seasons and after a few years it was brought back for an 2 additional seasons. Hopefully it will continue to be renewed.

We''re only on Season 4 so have a ways to go.

Any other fans?

Bryn Mawr

Re: Vikings

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:37 pm We've gotten hooked on the series "Vikings". I think it ran for 8 seasons and after a few years it was brought back for an 2 additional seasons. Hopefully it will continue to be renewed.

We''re only on Season 4 so have a ways to go.

Any other fans?

I watched one or two episodes but never really got into it - to be honest I didn’t realise it ran for so many seasons.
spot

Post by spot »

I thought they were a sport team. Possibly a baseball team but I'd not stake a lot of money on that.

If it was a series of television programs about shirtless fair-haired sailors trading with neighbouring islands then I've seen photos, I suspect. But not any clips. More of a documentary than drama, I'd assumed. I did watch several HBO programs about - perhaps entitled - Rome a long time ago and that was good, but Vikings? Did it have Doug McClure in it?

Would you recommend the first four seasons, having watched them?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tabby

Post by tabby »

The program I'm watching is a series but isn't a documentary. I'm sure some of the events were based on real events but it's mostly fictionalized. I wasn't sure I'd like it because I'm not a big fan of violent scenes and well, they're Vikings after all. I do like it though!

I'm always hesitant to recommend books or movies to anyone because people's tastes can be so varied. I'd never make it as a book or film critic!

P.S. The Minnesota Vikings are an American football team although I couldn't tell you if they're a good one or not!

Return to “General TV Shows”