Roe v. Wade

LarsMac

Roe v. Wade

Post by LarsMac »

Well, now, the US Supreme Court has now handed down the decision that "Roe V Wade" is unconstitutional.
States are now free to prohibit abortion in any manner that they see fit.

I remember, before that original decision, girls using all manner of self mutilation, or taking various drugs, to get rid of a potential child.

I was never one in favor of such thing, but then, I never had to worry about turning up pregnant.

I think this is just another turn to the hard right in the US.
We are soon to be more of a confederacy of unaligned states, rather than a United Federation with a common cause.

I begin to look at the future with a certain dread.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Re: Roe v. Wade

Post by spot »

It will be interesting to see whether the supreme court will move eventually to declare unconstitutional all State laws which permit abortion. I'm sure there are people pushing that way.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Today's news:
Illinois Republican tells Trump rally that Roe verdict a ‘victory for white life’

Mary Miller’s remarks are greeted with cheers by crowd, though spokesman claims she meant to say ‘right to life’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... life-trump

I have no reason at all to disbelieve Representative Miller inadvertently mis-spoke, but the cheers of the crowd are undeniably indicative.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

A number of states have bills coming up that are some variation of this: any case of miscarriage, or other loss of a child during pregnancy could be investigated as a homicide.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”