I USUALLY DON'T BRAG ABOUT GOING TO EXPENSIVE PLACES . . .

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

I USUALLY DON'T BRAG ABOUT GOING TO EXPENSIVE PLACES . . .

Post by cars »

. . . . . BUT I JUST LEFT THE GAS STATION!!!! :shock:

(And my car had already had 1/4 tank full)
Cars :)
spot

Re: I USUALLY DON'T BRAG ABOUT GOING TO EXPENSIVE PLACES . . .

Post by spot »

That's interesting.

If I fill my tank today in England it will cost me on average $7.57 per US gallon.

What did you pay?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:13 am That's interesting.

If I fill my tank today in England it will cost me on average $7.57 per US gallon.

What did you pay?
$4.54 gal, it used to be $3.09 a little over a month ago! And 6 months ago it hovered around $2.49 to $2.59

What did it cost you 2 months ago?
spot

Post by spot »

cars wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:14 pm $4.54 gal, it used to be $3.09 a little over a month ago! And 6 months ago it hovered around $2.49 to $2.59

Six months ago it was a third less, and it's increased in a linear fashion between then and now. You seem to have had an 80% rise over that six months compared to our 50%.

We still pay 66% more than you do today though.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/fuel-watch/
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

spot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:08 am
cars wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:14 pm $4.54 gal, it used to be $3.09 a little over a month ago! And 6 months ago it hovered around $2.49 to $2.59

Six months ago it was a third less, and it's increased in a linear fashion between then and now. You seem to have had an 80% rise over that six months compared to our 50%.

We still pay 66% more than you do today though.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/fuel-watch/
Give it a little time, the way it's going here we'll catch up soon! :(
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Russia was selling on the Cheap for years, keeping the price low, and then COVID caused a significant drop in usage for the last couple years.
With Russia out of the market for the now, OPEC is going to take full advantage.
And the producers here in the US are planning to make the most of it.
They are already calling in all the idled oil workers to pick up production again.
But of course, at the local café, the word is that all of this is Biden's fault.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:22 am But of course, at the local café, the word is that all of this is Biden's fault.
And so it damn well is. Biden backing a NATO guarantee to Russia would have prevented the war before it started but no, old clever-clogs had to stand on his hind legs and mouth off instead because that's what people like him were brought up to do.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:32 am
LarsMac wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:22 am But of course, at the local café, the word is that all of this is Biden's fault.
And so it damn well is. Biden backing a NATO guarantee to Russia would have prevented the war before it started but no, old clever-clogs had to stand on his hind legs and mouth off instead because that's what people like him were brought up to do.
Not convinced by that.

It might be what Putin said he wanted but what he wanted was an excuse for invasion so he asked for what he knew he would not get.

If the US had given him everything he was asking for he just have asked for more and then invaded anyway.
spot

Post by spot »

That hypothesis was, of course, at one point, testable, but it wasn't tested. I can't see that testing it would have cost anyone anything.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:32 am
I don't recall anyone at NATO guaranteeing Ukraine a NATO membership. At least, not until after Vladimir launched the current offensive.
But now, I think they may very well get that membership after Vlad has been dealt with.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

With all that is going on with soaring gas prices, I can't believe I drove by my station today and the gas price listed was "$4.38"! :o
That station owner, has scruples!!!
cars

Post by cars »

Well I passed by my gas station today and guess what, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the price of gal regular gas went "down" to $4,28!!! :o
spot

Post by spot »

We've drifted upward, the best price I saw yesterday was $8.09. The worst was $8.59. The government tax dropped $0.066 at the same time to try to offset the rapacious middle men who are laughing all the way to the bank, they appear to have kept the reduction for themselves.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Our local station jumped up to about 4.05 at the start of this thing, but now has settled down to 3.90
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

Finally stopped at my gas station to day to fill up m car's tank. And guess what, I paid $4.08 a gal reg!!! :o

Return to “General Chit Chat”