Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, RIP

spot

Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, RIP

Post by spot »

In any list of the people who made cricket exciting to watch, Rod Marsh and Shane Warne would stand out. England might offer A P E Knott and Derek Underwood, but those two Australians were mesmerizing.

To lose Shane Warne today at the age of 51 is immensely saddening.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Re: Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, RIP

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:55 am In any list of the people who made cricket exciting to watch, Rod Marsh and Shane Warne would stand out. England might offer A P E Knott and Derek Underwood, but those two Australians were mesmerizing.

To lose Shane Warne today at the age of 51 is immensely saddening.
To loose both of them so close together is tragic.
spot

Post by spot »

If you get four minutes into this clip, which is a match well worth remembering anyway, you'll see Rod Marsh call back Derek Randall when Randall was on 150 and the umpire had given him out to a catch which hadn't carried. That's proper sportsmanship at any level, much less an England Australia test match.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I felt it more with Marshy..........not so much with Warney.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

A blokey kind of conversation only a year ago
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Current Events”