Can this possibly be true?

Discuss the latest political news.
Bryn Mawr

Can this possibly be true?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Does Trump still have so much control?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57090202

ETA. The last paragraph is probably the only good news to come out of the article.
spot

Re: Can this possibly be true?

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm Does Trump still have so much control?
It's a consistent aspect of demagogues, it's what such groups do when they're led by one. Anyone turning traitor gets ripped apart by the pack as a sign of loyalty. Legitimate debate is led from the top.

Given the long-term permanent damage the chap has wrought I can't imagine why you disapprove of him. I'd not call anyone that self-obsessed a patriot.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Cheney was, indeed, ousted from her committee seat because of her criticism of the Rethuglicans claiming that the election was "stolen" .
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm
Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm Does Trump still have so much control?
It's a consistent aspect of demagogues, it's what such groups do when they're led by one. Anyone turning traitor gets ripped apart by the pack as a sign of loyalty. Legitimate debate is led from the top.

Given the long-term permanent damage the chap has wrought I can't imagine why you disapprove of him. I'd not call anyone that self-obsessed a patriot.
I disapprove of him because of the long-term permanent damage he has caused
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:27 am
spot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm Given the long-term permanent damage the chap has wrought I can't imagine why you disapprove of him.
I disapprove of him because of the long-term permanent damage he has caused
America will never again have the credibility it once insisted on. It might be broken internally but the world is a lot healthier.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Political Events”