The Wonders of Youtube

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

The Wonders of Youtube

Post by cars »

. . . . . . . Were wonderful, as it allowed us to see our Grandson play soccer on his soccer team (in Missouri) via live streaming on Youtube!! Ain't Technology grand!

It was amazing, seeing him and his team mates playing soccer for over 1-1/2 hours! I got tired just watching him run full gate for the entire game! He did kick a goal, but they lost anyway.
(They did have a 10 minute break between halves)

It was next best thing to being in the actual stands with the socially distanced fans.
Cars :)
Bryn Mawr

Re: The Wonders of Youtube

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am . . . . . . . Were wonderful, as it allowed us to see our Grandson play soccer on his soccer team (in Missouri) via live streaming on Youtube!! Ain't Technology grand!

It was amazing, seeing him and his team mates playing soccer for over 1-1/2 hours! I got tired just watching him run full gate for the entire game! He did kick a goal, but they lost anyway.
(They did have a 10 minute break between halves)

It was next best thing to being in the actual stands with the socially distanced fans.
Live streaming is truly amazing in these Covid times.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I've just had epoxy resin lessons and guitar lessons from youtube. To think I haven't payed a cent for each time I've sat and learnt something amazes me.

Oh and egg carving I've learnt how to carve eggs as well.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Youtube has been my go-to site for figuring out all sorts of things.
From fixing my Towed vehicle braking system, to setting a tile countertop for the daughter's kitchen, and how to build an RV docking station.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Jowan's learning suturing off YouTube at the moment, with a small kit off Amazon with the right shaped needles and a pad of fake skin covered in stab wounds..

Though one of the YouTube videos used a pig's leg from the butcher.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

YouTube is now offering network TV access, as well.
similar service to the Satellite systems.
A much lower cost that Dish or DTV.
So, traveling, it seems ideal. The Mrs can watch TV anywhere we can get network connection
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:40 am Jowan's learning suturing off YouTube at the moment, with a small kit off Amazon with the right shaped needles and a pad of fake skin covered in stab wounds..

Though one of the YouTube videos used a pig's leg from the butcher.

sorry but I actually find that interesting. I did watch an operation to see what they were going to do to me ...it was very interesting . And then told by a recent surgeon they shouldn't have done that with my condition. HO hum.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

I'm always puzzled that medics can have such different opinions when it comes to treatments. You'd have thought it was more of a science.

The suturing videos are clearly educational but a lot of them are blatantly being done on cadavers.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I'm thinking as practice a cadaver is probably better...Or pig . but also animals are sutured too ..so a dead animal would be good practice
spot

Post by spot »

The local pet shop sells rats for very little money. I wonder what a general anaesthetic for a rat is.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

you know what's hysterically funny? I did know that once. High school teaches us such things ,
spot

Post by spot »

Isoflurane in air, apparently, and a note to ventilate the operating area.

Or, of all things you can put in a syringe, Ketamine. There's a chap in town sells that at the weekends.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Needless to say, Covid has screwed up the plans for our choir - this year was supposed to be our 50th Anniversary Concert, and the title track for the concert, "Gold" was my own arrangement (personally approved by Gary Kemp). However, not to be scuppered, we've still be doing rehearsals via Zoom, and have even produced a Virtual Choir song. Currently awaiting the edit of You Raise Me Up for the next one.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I loved that. RIGHT ON MR COTTER!!!!
spot

Post by spot »

It's an astonishing coordination, even the BBC's finding that sort of production difficult to achieve.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I'm feeling well chuffed. I completed my latest arrangement, Memories (as performed by Maroon 5) & uploaded it to SheetMusicPlus.com for online publication last Thursday. I've just received notification of my first sale. That has to be my shortest interval between Publication & Sale yet.

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am I'm feeling well chuffed. I completed my latest arrangement, Memories (as performed by Maroon 5) & uploaded it to SheetMusicPlus.com for online publication last Thursday. I've just received notification of my first sale. That has to be my shortest interval between Publication & Sale yet.

Congratulations. I don’t know the original but yours sounds good.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:18 am
FourPart wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am I'm feeling well chuffed. I completed my latest arrangement, Memories (as performed by Maroon 5) & uploaded it to SheetMusicPlus.com for online publication last Thursday. I've just received notification of my first sale. That has to be my shortest interval between Publication & Sale yet.

Congratulations. I don’t know the original but yours sounds good.
This is the original - although one could say that the 'original' original is the Canon in D, by Johann Pachelbel.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I wonder what his real singing voice is like?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The choir's 2nd Virtual piece...

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Rock-A-Bye Your Bear lyrics
If you'd like to sing along

Everybody clap.
Everybody sing. La, la, la, la, la.
Bow to your partner. G'day. G'day.
And then you turn around. Yippee.
Hands in the air, rock-a-bye your bear.
Bear's now asleep. Shh, shh, shh.
Bear's now asleep. Shh, shh, shh.
Everybody clap.
Everybody sing. La, la, la, la, la.
Bow to your partner. G'day. G'day.
And then you turn around. Yippee.
Hands in the air, rock-a-bye your bear.
Bear's now asleep. Shh, shh, shh. (repeat to end)
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I've just been watching the Choir's Premiere of our first ever Virtual Christmas Concert, raising money for Mountbatten Hampshire. Even got me doing a Solo / Quartet in it.

spot

Post by spot »

FourPart wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:57 pm I've just been watching the Choir's Premiere of our first ever Virtual Christmas Concert, raising money for Mountbatten Hampshire. Even got me doing a Solo / Quartet in it.
That's quite an achievement. I'd not be surprised if the method continues even when this pandemic is over.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:56 am
FourPart wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:57 pm I've just been watching the Choir's Premiere of our first ever Virtual Christmas Concert, raising money for Mountbatten Hampshire. Even got me doing a Solo / Quartet in it.
That's quite an achievement. I'd not be surprised if the method continues even when this pandemic is over.
I'm not sure what happened to my non attendance for The First Nowell. I know I submitted my recording.
Most members only managed a few recordings. I did them all (plus the solo) apart from Most Wonderful Time of the Year, which I hate with a passion.

The amazing thing here is that 80% of those included here were previously utter technophobes who were convinced that they couldn't manage with anything that involved technology. Then came Covid, and things were driven by necessity and their full potential began to bloom. So bear in mind, that most of of those included in the video had never used a computer before March.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

One of my former coworkers apparently liked this. She shared it on her Facebook feed.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

If I might be allowed the use of the thread for a moment, I strongly recommend this to anyone passing by. I hadn't heard of it until today and it's worth the time and thought.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:09 pm If I might be allowed the use of the thread for a moment, I strongly recommend this to anyone passing by. I hadn't heard of it until today and it's worth the time and thought.

THAT IS FUCKING STUNNING!!!!
I'm only up to 102:41 I've cried, got angry and in awe. Those Mongol girls on the horses is the most artistic beautiful footage I've ever seen . Those two little girls are serene .

My god what a exceptional movie. I'll watch the rest later.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I have to agree with Mags. I am only about halfway through, so far. Too many interruptions. Hope to finish today.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, finished it tonight.
Pretty deep.
Will take some pondering, I reckon.
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I shall take a look at that this week.
Tonight's viewing was 'A United Kingdom' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_United_Kingdom
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:14 pm Well, finished it tonight.
Pretty deep.
Will take some pondering, I reckon.
I really want to talk about it but I'll wait for everyone to watch it first. That would be polite. ;)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The sound track to the movie and the film footage is here as well. I've been playing it all afternoon.

Return to “General Chit Chat”