Obama Says Women Make Best Leaders

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

It's an interesting statement to make now since he'll have to endorse someone sooner or later.

Obama is a calculating person and his use of "old" and "men" leaves me to think he could be preparing to endorse Amy Klobuchar. Elizabeth Warren, though not even close to being politically progressive, is probably too far outside the mainstream-middle for Obama. I suppose it's possible he might be referring to Buttigieg since he's gay, though not referring to Buttigieg as a male might be dangerously close to alienating an entire segment of democratic supporters.

Is Obama correct in asserting that females make better leaders than their male counterparts? Is his statement a prelude to his endorsement, or did he mouth off indiscriminately?

"Now women, I just want you to know; you are not perfect, but what I can say pretty indisputably is that you're better than us [men].

"I'm absolutely confident that for two years if every nation on earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything... living standards and outcomes."

Obama also said this: When asked if he would ever consider going back into political leadership, he said he believed in leaders stepping aside when the time came. "If you look at the world and look at the problems it's usually old people, usually old men, not getting out of the way," he said. "It is important for political leaders to try and remind themselves that you are there to do a job, but you are not there for life, you are not there in order to prop up your own sense of self importance or your own power."

Which some might see as contradicting his recent participation in the public dialogue surrounding democratic party politics, and if his first statement is, in fact, a prelude to his endorsement, that sort of criticism might appear more valid. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50805822
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1528795 wrote: It's an interesting statement to make now since he'll have to endorse someone sooner or later.

Obama is a calculating person and his use of "old" and "men" leaves me to think he could be preparing to endorse Amy Klobuchar. Elizabeth Warren, though not even close to being politically progressive, is probably too far outside the mainstream-middle for Obama. I suppose it's possible he might be referring to Buttigieg since he's gay, though not referring to Buttigieg as a male might be dangerously close to alienating an entire segment of democratic supporters.

Is Obama correct in asserting that females make better leaders than their male counterparts? Is his statement a prelude to his endorsement, or did he mouth off indiscriminately?

Obama also said this:

Which some might see as contradicting his recent participation in the public dialogue surrounding democratic party politics, and if his first statement is, in fact, a prelude to his endorsement, that sort of criticism might appear more valid. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50805822

My only experience of life under a female leader was the Thatcher era and I would suggest that sweeping generalizations should be avoided.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bryn Mawr;1528799 wrote: My only experience of life under a female leader was the Thatcher era and I would suggest that sweeping generalizations should be avoided.I agree and was surprised that Obama did that, which is another reason I think he was being politically tactful rather than philosophical.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr;1528799 wrote: My only experience of life under a female leader was the Thatcher era and I would suggest that sweeping generalizations should be avoided.

Good point imagine letting the likes of Michele Bachman, or Sarah Huckaby Sanders running the show
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1528807 wrote: Good point imagine letting the likes of Michele Bachman, or Sarah Huckaby Sanders running the showOr Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Donna Brazile, Amy Klobuchar or a host of other female corporate-democrates.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Keb Mo': Put a Woman in Charge
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1528860 wrote: Keb Mo': Put a Woman in ChargeGood singer.

For the record, we have a woman in charge of the House of Representatives who has done and continues to do everything she can to deny American people Universal Health Care Coverage.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Only had one female prime minister . The mysogeny that came out of every man was exceptional. It will be a long time before we see another in this country.

But at the same time what makes people think that women aren't politically motivated just like the men for their own gain?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1528862 wrote: Good singer.

For the record, we have a woman in charge of the House of Representatives who has done and continues to do everything she can to deny American people Universal Health Care Coverage.

You must be thing of tRump's Bitch McConnell in the Senate.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

But then, Mr Obama seems to be overlooking Michelle Bachman, Nicky Haley, Tomi Lauren, Ann Coulter, Susan Collins... the list goes on.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Societal Issues News”