American men dying earlier and in greater despair

Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Slide In Life Expectancy For American Men Continues Amid Spike In "Deaths Of Despair"

It seems American men are dying earlier and in far worse mental health .

Which suggests that a general Karmic Law does operate .

But being fat and drug swilling does not help .

See full article , source below .

The National Center for Health Statistics' latest annual report dropped Wednesday morning. And like reports from the last few years, the takeaway from this year's batch of numbers is this: American men are in trouble.

Another drop in life expectancy for that demographic has brought the average life expectancy for American men to 76.1 years in 2017, the year for which the data have been finalized and released. That's compared with 76.5 in 2014, according to the data - a not-insignificant drop.

END QUOTE

Opening words from a full report in the planet's leading news source , Zero Hedge . Published today .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I don't necessarily doubt such a thing, but I would find you far more credible if you took the time and effort to actually post a link to the article which you use for a reference, rather than just copy and paste a quip from some obscure wing-nut site.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

A lot of us Baby-Boomers are are realizing the error of our ways, and finding that we should have done a better job of securing the Future.

We now find ourselves facing a future of Nationalism, and over-consumption, and are leaving our children to clean up the disaster that we worked so hard to create.

And we created such a fine healthcare system that insures our doom, since most of us cannot pay for the cures we are going to need.

As the boomer population fades into the sunset, we will probably guarantee that future such statistical reports will show a marked increase in the average Life span for the next generation.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Zero Hedge is an independent news site, and, as such, I support it, though I rarely visit it because it leans pretty heavily to the right. But it is gutsier and more informative than most corporate sites.

As for the thread topic - It doesn't matter how long we live, and in fact, I think we live too long as it is. What matters, for the sake of the species is how well we reproduce when we are within that age group. I say judging from the number of us, we're very proficient.

ETA: as to the "fat" bit - nature has us fatten up to make a hearty meal for other species after we pass, we don't honor that, though.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1526909 wrote: I don't necessarily doubt such a thing, but I would find you far more credible if you took the time and effort to actually post a link to the article which you use for a reference, rather than just copy and paste a quip from some obscure wing-nut site.

Now you are being unnecessarily abusive and silly for the sake of it .Cut it out .

If there is a better written and more comprehensive daily news source anywhere on the planet , name it .

You are ignorant of Zero Hedge's economic , financial and political stance because it is not Right wing and and is extremely unbiased , researched and with an international reputation for accuracy and attention to detail .

Aren't you capable of entering the sources I gave you -- Zero Hedge and the National Centre for Health Stats ?

God help us all .
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Raphael;1526919 wrote: If there is a better written and more comprehensive daily news source anywhere on the planet , name it .Obsess much? And please give the space bar a break.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahso!;1526914 wrote: Zero Hedge is an independent news site, and, as such, I support it, though I rarely visit it because it leans pretty heavily to the right. .

This is simply untrue .

The proof is in the eating .So go sample .

It is as unbiased as anything else you might look at . And I read British , US , Russian and Ukey ( Ukraine ) news sites daily plus many independent sites where there is no advertising or You Tube support .

True independent journalism of the highest order .

The Left may spin it differently because they are literally scared rigid by the ZH presence and its ability to print material that escapes them or that they deliberately hide and suppress .

It makes the MSM look so stupid and unrepresentative .

Like badly written kids comics .
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahso!;1526921 wrote: Obsess much? And please give the space bar a break.

I rightly did not expect a sensible reply .

If you have nothing to say of any value , say nothing .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526919 wrote: Now you are being unnecessarily abusive and silly for the sake of it .Cut it out .

If there is a better written and more comprehensive daily news source anywhere on the planet , name it .

You are ignorant of Zero Hedge's economic , financial and political stance because it is not Right wing and and is extremely unbiased , researched and with an international reputation for accuracy and attention to detail .

Aren't you capable of entering the sources I gave you -- Zero Hedge and the National Centre for Health Stats ?

God help us all .

Well, yes, I am certainly capable of going out and finding such things, when I am truly interested.

But it has long been common courtesy for folks to provide such links when posting on forums. This has been SOP for decades, now. Like, pretty much since the invention of the Web.

If you lack an interest in such courtesy, why on earth should we GAF about anything you have to say?

And, I did actually go out and hunt down the report that I presume was the basis for your comment.

I really have little faith or confidence in the reliability or veracity of "Zero Hedge", thank you.

The first I ever heard of it was when you showed up.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Ahso!;1526914 wrote:

ETA: as to the "fat" bit - nature has us fatten up to make a hearty meal for other species after we pass...

:D
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Saint_;1526946 wrote: :D It works for me.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1526935 wrote: Well, yes, I am certainly capable of going out and finding such things, when I am truly interested.

But it has long been common courtesy for folks to provide such links when posting on forums. This has been SOP for decades, now. Like, pretty much since the invention of the Web.

If you lack an interest in such courtesy, why on earth should we GAF about anything you have to say?

And, I did actually go out and hunt down the report that I presume was the basis for your comment.

I really have little faith or confidence in the reliability or veracity of "Zero Hedge", thank you.

The first I ever heard of it was when you showed up.

I love the older generation and your funny ways -- my mum and dad are still coping famously .

Fancy you never having heard of Zero Hedge .How sweet .

I could give you twenty other great sources but one thing I have learned from dealing

with older generations is that you can lead them to treasure but if their hearing and

eyesight are failing , the odds are that other things are as well .

Return to “Health Wellness”