You are what you watch and read .

Raphael

Post by Raphael »

THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU

A general read which is well put together , if you have the attention span to last more than a couple of paragraphs .

I am only the messenger though I support the piece 100%

'What You Think' Is Controlled By 'What You Watch', And 'What You Watch' Is Controlled By 'The Elite'

Authored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog,

Why do you believe what you believe? Some people have a really solid answer to that question, but much of the population never thinks much about deeper questions such as this. In fact, for most Americans it is simply easier to let others do their thinking for them. Today, most of us spend multiple hours each day absorbing information through a screen, and most of the content that is fed to us through our televisions, phones, tablets and computers is controlled by the elite. And if you allow anyone to feed information into your mind for several hours every day, it is going to have a dramatic impact on how you view the world.

When I was younger, one of my favorite movies was “The Matrix”, and I think that it is a really good metaphor for what is going on in our society today. In the film, nearly the entire human population was plugged into a system which continuously fed a computer-generated reality into their minds that wasn’t real at all. Later on, I eventually came to realize that we are willingly doing the same thing to ourselves. Our personal interactions with one another are extremely limited, but we willingly “plug in” to the enormous matrix of news, information and entertainment that the elite have constructed for many hours each day.

It’s official: This year marks the first time that Americans will spend more time staring down at their phones and tablets than they will watching television.

The average U.S. adult will spend three hours and 43 minutes on mobile devices this year, according to EMarketer Inc., which is eight minutes longer than the three hours and 35 minutes that will be spent in front of the TV.

If Americans from previous generations could visit our society right now, they would probably be horrified that we are all constantly staring at our screens like some sort of zombies.

And perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad if we were feeding our minds healthy things, but instead most of what we are absorbing is garbage that has been produced by the elite.

Today, nearly all of the news, information and entertainment that Americans consume is produced by a small cluster of giant corporations. The following summary of the current state of affairs comes from Wikipedia…

In the United States, movie production has been dominated by major studios since the early 20th century; before that, there was a period in which Edison’s Trust monopolized the industry. The music and television industries recently witnessed cases of media consolidation, with Sony Music Entertainment‘s parent company merging their music division with Bertelsmann AG’s BMG to form Sony BMG and Tribune’s The WB and CBS Corp.’s UPN merging to form The CW. In the case of Sony BMG, there existed a “Big Five” (now “Big Four“) of major record companies, while The CW’s creation was an attempt to consolidate ratings and stand up to the “Big Four” of American network (terrestrial) television (this despite the fact that the CW was, in fact, partially owned by one of the Big Four in CBS). In television, the vast majority of broadcast and basic cable networks, over a hundred in all, are controlled by eight corporations: Fox Corporation, The Walt Disney Company (which includes the ABC, ESPN, FX and Disney brands), National Amusements (which includes CBS Corporation and Viacom), Comcast (which owns NBCUniversal), AT&T (which owns WarnerMedia), Discovery, Inc., E. W. Scripps Company, Cablevision (now known as Altice USA), or some combination thereof.[92]

When you have an almost totally monopoly on news, information and entertainment, it is not too difficult to manipulate a society. At this point, most of the population is made up of extremely pliable “NPCs” that are more than happy to go along with whatever “societal norms” are set by the elite. The term “sheeple” has been used to describe those that allow the elite to do their thinking for them, and we need to do what we can to help those individuals wake up and to get them to start thinking for themselves.

Let me give you an example of the immense power of the media. One recent survey found that those that watch Fox News tend to think that the U.S. economy is in great shape, while those that watch MSNBC tend to be quite pessimistic about the economy…

American voters face the same set of economic facts, from low unemployment to the risks from a trade war, but the survey’s index of overall sentiment – at 108 just above the 100 line that separates positive from negative impressions of the economic outlook – masked the huge divide between those who approve of Trump, whose views measured a far rosier 136, and those who disapprove of the president, with a reading of 88.

The results, weighted by factors like age, race and sex, to be nationally representative, were similarly skewed based on media consumption. Viewers of conservative-leaning Fox News registered 139 for current sentiment about the economy; viewers of MSNBC, an outlet often critical of Trump, registered 89. Readers of the New York Times sat in the middle at 107, near those who get their news from Facebook (110) and Twitter (112).

But the truth is somewhere in between. We haven’t officially had a recession in recent years, but the U.S. economy has definitely not been “booming” either. In fact, we haven’t had a full year of 3 percent GDP growth since the middle of the Bush administration. That is the longest stretch of slow growth in American history by a very wide margin, and now it appears that the next recession is rapidly approaching.

And without a doubt, tens of millions of American families are deeply struggling right now. As I noted yesterday, 50 percent of all American workers make less than 33,000 dollars a year, and a survey that was just released found that 70 percent of Americans “have cried about money”…

Pass along the tissues, because Americans aren’t afraid of letting the tears roll when it comes to finances.

Seven in 10 Americans said they have cried about money in their lifetimes, according to a recent online survey of 1,004 Americans by Compare Cards.com. Many cited worries over their job or making ends meet.

And household debt, which peaked at $13.86 trillion in the second quarter, weighed the heaviest on Americans. Almost a third admitted to crying over this looming concern, according to the survey.

One of the reasons why my articles upset so many people is because I just don’t follow the herd.

In this day and age, it is absolutely imperative that we all learn to think for ourselves. Because if you don’t actively take control, the elite will be more than happy to do your thinking for you.

Question everything. Everyone that is feeding you news, information and entertainment has an agenda, and in most cases it is not a positive agenda.

We are in a battle for hearts and minds, and the elite have an overwhelming edge because of the colossal system that they have created.

But we have the truth on our side, and in the end the truth shall prevail.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Narratives matter. They shape us as individuals and as a society. Today's globalism with all these trade deals and so forth is an attempt by capitalists to direct the narrative that democracy and freedom is found in consumerism because consumerism is the creator of jobs.

The irony is that while American corporations are pushing this narrative of globalism abroad, here at home a popular narrative is one of suspicion and paranoia with us all shooting the sh!t out of each other.

I suppose the argument might be that while globalism is an important narrative to push outside the states, it also invites the "bad elements" of other societies and so we have to be prepared to confront that aspect of creating a harmonious consumer world. That is, of course, a complete lie, because it is really just using the established rank and file of the more conditioned slaves to feel empowered by establishing control over the incoming ships delivering the new slaves.

Make no mistake that in spit of his isolationist agenda, Donald tRump disagrees with any of the above. He agrees wholeheartedly with the concept of consummerism's slavery. tRump's problem is multifaceted having to do with so many personal issues such as racism, xenophobia, narcissism, ADS and more. But with tRump being in the "hospitality business that caters solely to the rich and powerful (try affording one of the rooms at any of his resorts), he's also completely ignorant of retail consumerism where the slave trade is dominant, which is at the heart of consumerism. Don't get me wrong, tRump is familiar with the slave trade regarding maids and janitors ( the likes of which he stiffs out of pay whenever he can). This is one of the several issues capitalists have with tRump. That said, they would pick him in a heartbeat over a seasoned politician who actually wants to empower the slaves - not really by all that much really either.

The thing about globalists and tRump is that they never give an inch, it's always up to the other side to make compromises.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

The Donald is implacably anti Globalist, and they are, of course , progressive Communists .

And who are these crazed left wingers / communists / globalists ?

They are people who believe in imaginary money and spend it before they even contemplate trying to earn or produce it in the first instance . Selfish and wicked people .

Of course The Donald is a Capitalist . What person with a functioning brain is otherwise ?

The acid test is operating a capitalist and free market model in ways which genuinely provide equal opportunities at every level and to every sort of community .

The Donald is completely opposed to corruption , blackmail and trafficking -- the present ways of operating in government and corporate business and used right across the planet .

As such he is already the greatest political figure seen in the USA from at least the end of WW2 .

If he can show the treason of Obama and HRC et al , and remove some of our shackles from Fascist Intelligence agencies who thrive on the profits of Drugs and Trafficking , the world might become a better place .

I could not care a monkey if he has character and personality defects . Set against the objectives I have already described , such imperfections are trivial and when scaled are irrelevant .

Will the Donald become a religion one day ? It's possible
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Raphael;1526664 wrote: The Donald is implacably anti Globalist, and they are, of course , progressive Communists .

And who are these crazed left wingers / communists / globalists ?

They are people who believe in imaginary money and spend it before they even contemplate trying to earn or produce it in the first instance . Selfish and wicked people .

Of course The Donald is a Capitalist . What person with a functioning brain is otherwise ?

The acid test is operating a capitalist and free market model in ways which genuinely provide equal opportunities at every level and to every sort of community .

The Donald is completely opposed to corruption , blackmail and trafficking -- the present ways of operating in government and corporate business and used right across the planet .

As such he is already the greatest political figure seen in the USA from at least the end of WW2 .

If he can show the treason of Obama and HRC et al , and remove some of our shackles from Fascist Intelligence agencies who thrive on the profits of Drugs and Trafficking , the world might become a better place .

I could not care a monkey if he has character and personality defects . Set against the objectives I have already described , such imperfections are trivial and when scaled are irrelevant .

Will the Donald become a religion one day ? It's possibleDo you swallow on the first date? It appears tRump's already a God-like figure to you.

Actually paying attention to what tRump has been espousing, one comes away with the realization that tRump doesn't oppose globalization, he merely wants to renegotiate all the contracts so to have his name attached to them. That's tRump the egotist in a nutshell.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

See response below

Ahso!;1526677 wrote: Do you swallow on the first date? It appears tRump's already a God-like figure to you.

YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO RECOGNISE BRITISH HUMOUR AND SEE WHEN YOUR LEG IS BEING TUGGED . I HAVE YET TO MEET AN AMERICAN WITH A WELL DEVELOPED SENSE OF THE ABSURD

Actually paying attention to what tRump has been espousing, one comes away with the realization that tRump doesn't oppose globalization, he merely wants to renegotiate all the contracts so to have his name attached to them. That's tRump the egotist in a nutshell.

JUST PLAIN SILLY .

IF HE FIXES NOTHING , HE IS A DUNCE IN YOUR EYES

BUT IF HE DOES , THEN HE IS A VAIN BRAGGART .

NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING IN THE US , SAVE HIM , BECAUSE THE DNC ARE MENTALLY DERANGED AND UNDER DEEP STATE CONTROL . THEY HAVE BEEN A DISGRACE TO THE COUNTRY. AND HISTORY WILL TREAT THEM WITH RIDICULE AND DISGUST .

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Raphael;1526654 wrote: THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU

OH OH, fairly warned.

Raphael;1526654 wrote: A general read which is well put together , if you have the attention span to last more than a couple of paragraphs.

I have plenty of attention span but little patience for nonsense.

Raphael;1526654 wrote: I am only the messenger though I support the piece 100%

'What You Think' Is Controlled By 'What You Watch', And 'What You Watch' Is Controlled By 'The Elite'

That may work in your world but I decide what I watch, read, listen to, etc. and so forth

Authored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog,

Why do you believe what you believe? Some people have a really solid answer to that question, but much of the population never thinks much about deeper questions such as this. In fact, for most Americans it is simply easier to let others do their thinking for them. Today, most of us spend multiple hours each day absorbing information through a screen, and most of the content that is fed to us through our televisions, phones, tablets and computers is controlled by the elite. And if you allow anyone to feed information into your mind for several hours every day, it is going to have a dramatic impact on how you view the world.

When I was younger, one of my favorite movies was “The Matrix”, and I think that it is a really good metaphor for what is going on in our society today. In the film, nearly the entire human population was plugged into a system which continuously fed a computer-generated reality into their minds that wasn’t real at all. Later on, I eventually came to realize that we are willingly doing the same thing to ourselves. Our personal interactions with one another are extremely limited, but we willingly “plug in” to the enormous matrix of news, information and entertainment that the elite have constructed for many hours each day.

It’s official: This year marks the first time that Americans will spend more time staring down at their phones and tablets than they will watching television.

The average U.S. adult will spend three hours and 43 minutes on mobile devices this year, according to EMarketer Inc., which is eight minutes longer than the three hours and 35 minutes that will be spent in front of the TV.

If Americans from previous generations could visit our society right now, they would probably be horrified that we are all constantly staring at our screens like some sort of zombies.

And perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad if we were feeding our minds healthy things, but instead most of what we are absorbing is garbage that has been produced by the elite.

Today, nearly all of the news, information and entertainment that Americans consume is produced by a small cluster of giant corporations. The following summary of the current state of affairs comes from Wikipedia…

In the United States, movie production has been dominated by major studios since the early 20th century; before that, there was a period in which Edison’s Trust monopolized the industry. The music and television industries recently witnessed cases of media consolidation, with Sony Music Entertainment‘s parent company merging their music division with Bertelsmann AG’s BMG to form Sony BMG and Tribune’s The WB and CBS Corp.’s UPN merging to form The CW. In the case of Sony BMG, there existed a “Big Five” (now “Big Four“) of major record companies, while The CW’s creation was an attempt to consolidate ratings and stand up to the “Big Four” of American network (terrestrial) television (this despite the fact that the CW was, in fact, partially owned by one of the Big Four in CBS). In television, the vast majority of broadcast and basic cable networks, over a hundred in all, are controlled by eight corporations: Fox Corporation, The Walt Disney Company (which includes the ABC, ESPN, FX and Disney brands), National Amusements (which includes CBS Corporation and Viacom), Comcast (which owns NBCUniversal), AT&T (which owns WarnerMedia), Discovery, Inc., E. W. Scripps Company, Cablevision (now known as Altice USA), or some combination thereof.[92]

When you have an almost totally monopoly on news, information and entertainment, it is not too difficult to manipulate a society. At this point, most of the population is made up of extremely pliable “NPCs” that are more than happy to go along with whatever “societal norms” are set by the elite. The term “sheeple” has been used to describe those that allow the elite to do their thinking for them, and we need to do what we can to help those individuals wake up and to get them to start thinking for themselves.

Let me give you an example of the immense power of the media. One recent survey found that those that watch Fox News tend to think that the U.S. economy is in great shape, while those that watch MSNBC tend to be quite pessimistic about the economy…

American voters face the same set of economic facts, from low unemployment to the risks from a trade war, but the survey’s index of overall sentiment – at 108 just above the 100 line that separates positive from negative impressions of the economic outlook – masked the huge divide between those who approve of Trump, whose views measured a far rosier 136, and those who disapprove of the president, with a reading of 88.

The results, weighted by factors like age, race and sex, to be nationally representative, were similarly skewed based on media consumption. Viewers of conservative-leaning Fox News registered 139 for current sentiment about the economy; viewers of MSNBC, an outlet often critical of Trump, registered 89. Readers of the New York Times sat in the middle at 107, near those who get their news from Facebook (110) and Twitter (112).

But the truth is somewhere in between. We haven’t officially had a recession in recent years, but the U.S. economy has definitely not been “booming” either. In fact, we haven’t had a full year of 3 percent GDP growth since the middle of the Bush administration. That is the longest stretch of slow growth in American history by a very wide margin, and now it appears that the next recession is rapidly approaching.

And without a doubt, tens of millions of American families are deeply struggling right now. As I noted yesterday, 50 percent of all American workers make less than 33,000 dollars a year, and a survey that was just released found that 70 percent of Americans “have cried about money”…

Pass along the tissues, because Americans aren’t afraid of letting the tears roll when it comes to finances.

Seven in 10 Americans said they have cried about money in their lifetimes, according to a recent online survey of 1,004 Americans by Compare Cards.com. Many cited worries over their job or making ends meet.

And household debt, which peaked at $13.86 trillion in the second quarter, weighed the heaviest on Americans. Almost a third admitted to crying over this looming concern, according to the survey.

One of the reasons why my articles upset so many people is because I just don’t follow the herd.

In this day and age, it is absolutely imperative that we all learn to think for ourselves. Because if you don’t actively take control, the elite will be more than happy to do your thinking for you.

Question everything. Everyone that is feeding you news, information and entertainment has an agenda, and in most cases it is not a positive agenda.

We are in a battle for hearts and minds, and the elite have an overwhelming edge because of the colossal system that they have created.

But we have the truth on our side, and in the end the truth shall prevail.[/QUOTE]
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

All true but I do give much weight to the messenger. If a case is being debated by one of intimidation and by the other of concern then I generally go with the intelligent approach. As an example: Jascha Fischer said there was no solid proof that Saddam had WMD's and that it was best to wait for the findings of the inspection team before pouncing with the mightiest weaponry known to man. Donald Rumsford's opposing argument was, "Even an idiot knows Saddam has WMD's!" I knew immediately upon which side I stood.

So yes, "I do allow anyone to feed information into my mind" and it does "have a dramatic impact on how I view the world" but I do have choices and I am ALWAYS seeking them out.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Your view is clearly considered , intelligent and concerned, HT .

Unfortunately a majority neither have a natural enquiring disposition , basic intelligence or perceived need to try and discover which or what narrative is closest to a truth .

Which is why we collectively need to guard so carefully against the fourth estate ever being manipulated , yet alone controlled .

Anybody who denies the colossal manipulation and control that presently exists is , I suggest , a lunatic .

Is a good solution possible ?

Frankly I do not know and feel that inevitably only some sort of revolution will define the near term future .

I suspect that this means warfare of some sort and to some degree which is ghastly .

However , very often we need martyrs to bring about progress .

And certainly with the benefit of hindsight . imho .
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Language & Communication.

The better you speak your own language the less chance you'll shoot one of your own countrymen. If you travel and keep your mouth shut you will hear other points of view and if you reside abroad you will begin to understand those views.

Propaganda, isolation and patriotism are intent on destroying the world.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

High Threshold;1526754 wrote: --------------------------------------

Propaganda, isolation and patriotism are intent on destroying the world.

Not ???????

Lack of clean water

Lack of food

Disease

Trafficking

Slavery

Get them sorted and then we can start looking at other , also important , matters , imo .
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Raphael;1526760 wrote: Not ???????

Lack of clean water

Lack of food

Disease

Trafficking

Slavery

No.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Had not previously thought of you as supporting torture and suppression .

Are you a Democrat?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Raphael;1526770 wrote: Had not previously thought of you as supporting torture and suppression .
But you do now, is that it?

Raphael;1526770 wrote: Are you a Democrat?
Sorry, but I do not believe that you are mature enough for this discussion.

Return to “Societal Issues News”