Quiltbag

spot

Quiltbag

Post by spot »

The BBC has started making reference to the LGBTQIA+ community.

This is beyond unsayable. I have tried reeding the passage aloud and whether I use the letters or the full text (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex or asexual and others) it screws up my sentences.

From now on I'm going to quite legitimately add myself to the acronym as an undecided, and the term for the entire lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual or undecided community is QUILTBAG. It became silly when the acronym passed three letters and I now declare the issue permanently solved.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Quiltbag

Post by spot »

I googled it just to see and yes, it's not new at all, I can easily trace it back to 2011.

183 hits.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Quiltbag

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I am amazed that queer has re-entered the English language in this context.
YZGI

Quiltbag

Post by YZGI »

I've always heard the "Q" stands for questioning.

Return to “Societal Issues News”