One For The Mathematicians

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I came across this on YouTube the other day. I found it mind blowing. Any mathematicians are sure to see the elegance of it - one particularly for Saint.

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1522061 wrote: I came across this on YouTube the other day. I found it mind blowing. Any mathematicians are sure to see the elegance of it - one particularly for Saint.

That is absolutely beautiful - blue and brown duely bookmarked with my thanks.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1522061 wrote: I came across this on YouTube the other day. I found it mind blowing. Any mathematicians are sure to see the elegance of it - one particularly for Saint.

That was terrific, enlightening, and very entertaining, as well.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Someday I may find a use for this information, till then I will simply remain amazed.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

that was astounding, but honestly ....it didn't surprise me at all. I often speak to my students on the fascinating and beautiful underlying mathematics of the universe. Here's an example: How does a honeybee know that a hexagonal honeycomb is the absolutely perfect shape for building its hive with no wasted material (after three honeycombs are built, the remaining ones only need three walls to complete!) and the strongest, most lightweight design?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Saint_;1522124 wrote: that was astounding, but honestly ....it didn't surprise me at all. I often speak to my students on the fascinating and beautiful underlying mathematics of the universe. Here's an example: How does a honeybee know that a hexagonal honeycomb is the absolutely perfect shape for building its hive with no wasted material (after three honeycombs are built, the remaining ones only need three walls to complete!) and the strongest, most lightweight design?

That much is easier to understand. Nature is lazy & will take the simplest route. If you blow a load of bubbles, they, too, will form into hexagons.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

FourPart;1522179 wrote: If you blow a load of bubbles, they, too, will form into hexagons.

Yes! Because....That's mathematical!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Saint_;1522181 wrote: Yes! Because....That's mathematical!

Technically there isn't anything in the Universe that isn't Mathematical.

Return to “General Chit Chat”