Bigots stir up more trouble.

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I have direct personal experience of how seperate faith based schools cause sectarian bigotry.

Minister's plans to allow more religious discrimination in schools 'will increase prejudice' | The Independent

Religion shlpuyld have np lace in a school except as part of the curriculum.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Those who cannot learn from the mistakes of history - or who forget the lessons - are doomed to repeat them. I have the most horrible sense of deja vu with all this. It looks like setting up minorities, it's a form of apartheid heading rapidly towards scapegoating. It also sits very nicely with the idea of a far right restructuring of as much of the UK as they can, brexit being a necessary start rather than the goal.

With the Henry VIII powers they have they are in a position to do pretty much all they need to complete a far right revolution without bothering Parliament or the people. All they need are the PM and Exchequer to have far right extremists in control of the whole Government and no need to consult Parliament to make the Law changes they need. One of the few things they can't touch directly is the Minimum Wage because that was domestic, not EU Law but they can make it irrelevant in a few years of inflation by not updating it.

I mentioned in another thread the analogy of choosing the racecourse and the runners: that is what the far right have done very successfully, it seems to me.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Post by gmc »

I tend to agree with you -it's like being in an unlikely political drama. The daft thing is most people in this country do not want what is happening but we seem to have lost the language of political discourse left is now bad right is good. I saw on gmtv the interviewer asking the head of that renew that new party seeking to overturn the referendum about who was funding it and was george soros involved. Now why don't they ask who funded ukip and the tories? Unions fund labour that's bad, megarich and russian oligarchs fund the tories that is good make sure nobody asks.

SNP MP Alan Brown told to sit down after asking about controversial Tory party fundraisers | The National

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-sto ... -1-5395833

Fleet Street’s outrage over Soros anti-Brexit donation

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-sto ... -1-5395833

Return to “United Kingdom”