Daily mail apologises.

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Daily mail apologises.

Post by gmc »

But you won't see it as a main story in the daily mail

Daily Mail apologises to Nicola Sturgeon over incorrect Union flag story | The National

They didn;t have a leg to stand on

http://www.thenational.scot/news/158972 ... nonsense_/
Clodhopper

Daily mail apologises.

Post by Clodhopper »

I suspect they were quite happy to apologise because it raised the issue of the flag again and what they really object to is the use of the Scottish flag rather than the Union one. Whether it was Sturgeon or Salmon who ordered it is a minor issue.

...whole thing is fishy if you ask me...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Daily mail apologises.

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1517569 wrote: I suspect they were quite happy to apologise because it raised the issue of the flag again and what they really object to is the use of the Scottish flag rather than the Union one. Whether it was Sturgeon or Salmon who ordered it is a minor issue.

...whole thing is fishy if you ask me...

No they apologised because if the matter went to court they would lose the case not to mention the publicity would benefit the snp. It's not that minor it was a made up story - just like frenchgate - designed to attack the snp an prevent discussion of the very real issues surrounding brexit and the promises made at the referendum that swayed many of the more gullible voters. Five minutes research would have shown this to be nonsense, the matter even came up in the house of commons but you don't see the apology getting the same level of coverage. To say the press is hostile to the snp is to put it mildly.

Maybe we should ban the flying of the emglish and welsh flags as nationalist symbols hostile to the union.
Clodhopper

Daily mail apologises.

Post by Clodhopper »

Shrug, well, I couldn't argue against it.

...I thought Salmon authorised it years back and the Mail made a fuss then...and your report from the Record seems to confirm it, + Queen's assent.

Lies, distortion, bigotry: standard Mail content.

gmc

Daily mail apologises.

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1517583 wrote: Shrug, well, I couldn't argue against it.

...I thought Salmon authorised it years back and the Mail made a fuss then...and your report from the Record seems to confirm it, + Queen's assent.

Lies, distortion, bigotry: standard Mail content.

I just do not understand why so many give credence to what that rag prints. I suppose people just tend to notice what reinforces their prejudices in which regard I suppose I am no different.
Clodhopper

Daily mail apologises.

Post by Clodhopper »

I suppose people just tend to notice what reinforces their prejudices in which regard I suppose I am no different.

That is human nature.

I have honestly been trying to find anything positive about brexit and I really can't. The closest I get is powers returning to Parliament but even there the powers are NOT returning to Parliament, they are being given to Ministers. The positive thing is that it looks as though MPs might claw those powers back from Ministers. Possibly. If they don't we have far right ministers with dictatorial powers allowing them to change our laws without needing to consult Parliament.

Return to “United Kingdom”