'Tide Pod Challenge'

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
tude dog

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by tude dog »

My generation did stupid like eating LSD and other drugs.

Who am I to look down on this generation?

Teens are daring each other to eat Tide pods.

We use that stuff for its intended purpose, somehow it never occurred to me to even lick one.

Is the 'Tide Pod Challenge' a Real Thing?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Wandrin

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by Wandrin »

Really stupid.
magentaflame

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by magentaflame »

Whats a tide pod?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Wandrin

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by Wandrin »

magentaflame;1517318 wrote: Whats a tide pod?

Concentrated laundry detergent.
LarsMac

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1517318 wrote: Whats a tide pod?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 045446001/
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Clodhopper

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by Clodhopper »

Down Betty's way the teenagers had a craze for tombstoning: Jumping off cliffs into water that might not be deep enough. Not sure if anyone actually died but there were some nasty injuries. I think it was boys trying to impress the girls but am open to correction on that (I don't recall any girls being mentioned but maybe that's my male bias operating).

Is this a unisex challenge or boys only? Interesting I assume that girls aren't that stupid...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Betty Boop

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by Betty Boop »

Clodhopper;1517323 wrote: Down Betty's way the teenagers had a craze for tombstoning: Jumping off cliffs into water that might not be deep enough. Not sure if anyone actually died but there were some nasty injuries. I think it was boys trying to impress the girls but am open to correction on that (I don't recall any girls being mentioned but maybe that's my male bias operating).

Is this a unisex challenge or boys only? Interesting I assume that girls aren't that stupid...

Boys and girls I'm afraid. They all jump off the piers around these parts. There's also an inner harbour part where as long as the tide is in its deep enough to jump in from Ross Bridge.

Not seen anyone foolish enough to jump off the high wall round the corner that has rocks underneath recently, years ago they built metal gates on the wall to stop you getting up there. When I was growing up my friend had an older brother who crippled himself jumping off that bit of wall.
Betty Boop

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by Betty Boop »

Clodhopper;1517323 wrote: Down Betty's way the teenagers had a craze for tombstoning: Jumping off cliffs into water that might not be deep enough. Not sure if anyone actually died but there were some nasty injuries. I think it was boys trying to impress the girls but am open to correction on that (I don't recall any girls being mentioned but maybe that's my male bias operating).

I think girls are that stupid, peer pressure is unbelievable nowadays, it's relentless. There was a time when you could come home from school and escape such pressure overnight or over the weekend but now with social media that peer pressure is there 24/7.
AnneBoleyn

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1517313 wrote: My generation did stupid like eating LSD and other drugs.

Who am I to look down on this generation?

At least with drugs one gets high! :-6
magentaflame

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by magentaflame »

THEY WANT TO EAT LAUNDRY DETERGENT??????? WFT? WHAT KIND OF WEIRDOES ARE YOU BREEDING OVER THERE?????

Dont they realise detergent is expensive? Dope is cheaper.....enciurage them to smoke dope....i think they need to chill out a bit.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by AnneBoleyn »

magentaflame;1517341 wrote: wft? What kind of weirdoes are you breeding over there?????

The kind that votes for trump!!!!!!!
tude dog

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by tude dog »

There are more challenges for the wild bunch.

Dishwasher Soap

The ultimate challenge.

LarsMac

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1517341 wrote: THEY WANT TO EAT LAUNDRY DETERGENT??????? WFT? WHAT KIND OF WEIRDOES ARE YOU BREEDING OVER THERE?????

Dont they realise detergent is expensive? Dope is cheaper.....enciurage them to smoke dope....i think they need to chill out a bit.

It's not about eating them.

The game is see how much they dare bite down on it before it bursts.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by gmc »

How bored do you have to be before that sounds like an interesting way to pass the time? Mind you I think the same about golf - how bored do you have to be before hitting balls down a hole is exciting or to go back to it's origins hitting stones down rabbit holes.
magentaflame

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by magentaflame »

Actually i have to take the side of golf here. I get really bored walking to get fit. If you tell me to hit a ball around inbetween those walks im all for it.
magentaflame

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac;1517351 wrote: It's not about eating them.

The game is see how much they dare bite down on it before it bursts.

So they just want chemical burns down their gullets......what are doctors saying are the dangers?
magentaflame

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by magentaflame »

tude dog;1517346 wrote: There are more challenges for the wild bunch.

Dishwasher Soap

The ultimate challenge.

Ahhhh Cascade....good drop that. We have a detergent called "Ultimate"......would that be the Ultimate challenge?

Quite frankly i see it as just an excuse to get out of doing chores......."oh woops!...sorry mum, ate the detergent again, cant do the laundry, stack the diswasher or wash the dishes"....things kids will do to get out of a bit of work!
Clodhopper

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by Clodhopper »

Betty Boop;1517334 wrote: I think girls are that stupid, peer pressure is unbelievable nowadays, it's relentless. There was a time when you could come home from school and escape such pressure overnight or over the weekend but now with social media that peer pressure is there 24/7.

Ah well, another fond illusion gone...

It will be interesting to see the effects of our connectedness on this generation of kids. There will be down sides as you have mentioned, such as peer pressure, but I do hope the fact they can talk to anyone anywhere might help our world in the future.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
FourPart

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by FourPart »

I imagine it's just another fad that's started out on FaceBook & will die out in it's own due course - although, no doubt, not without a few idiots dying out in the process. Still - I guess it's all good for the Gene Pool. People of that mentality shouldn't be allowed to breed.
tude dog

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by tude dog »

FourPart;1517386 wrote: I imagine it's just another fad that's started out on FaceBook & will die out in it's own due course - although, no doubt, not without a few idiots dying out in the process. Still - I guess it's all good for the Gene Pool. People of that mentality shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Seems there are some who see a role for the nanny government to make what we all need, more laws.

NY lawmakers: Make Tide Pods look less appetizing

Not to forget ambulance chasers.

Three Tide Pod Lawsuits Filed Against Proctor & Gamble
tude dog

'Tide Pod Challenge'

Post by tude dog »

Return to “General Chit Chat”