Vehemus interuptus

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

Our travels seem to have been put on hold.

A Windstorm managed to cause a seam on the Dancer to pop loose, allowing water to get in, just in time for Monsoon Rains to bring plenty of water.

Turns out that the plywood they use in these things is NOT made to deal well with being wet.

It will take a week's work, or more to repair.

Of course, we got off lucky, compared to my nephew, whose barn fared far worse.

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Vehemus interuptus

Post by spot »

Someone stole the barn's wheels during the storm, too?

Presumably you'll be looking for new manufacturer panels pre-shaped and pre-decorated, but I'm only guessing. That doesn't look like something to build up from scratch.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Vehemus interuptus

Post by magentaflame »

Oh dear god! Are you in the path of that storm?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1511938 wrote: Oh dear god! Are you in the path of that storm?

No, not at all. This all occurred a week or so back.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Vehemus interuptus

Post by magentaflame »

Oh....thats good. :)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
along-for-the-ride

Vehemus interuptus

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I know you will be glad when it's finally fixed so you can travel again before summer is gone.

Will your nephew have a barn re-raising?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

along-for-the-ride;1511980 wrote: I know you will be glad when it's finally fixed so you can travel again before summer is gone.

Will your nephew have a barn re-raising?

Hopefully. He is carefully collecting all the wood that is salvageable. and waiting on the insurance report.

The barn is over 100 years old. Hopefully it can be restored.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Vehemus interuptus

Post by Wandrin »

Other than the repair work to the coach, how is the planning coming? Have you figured out how you will get the phone and network access you'll need in your early locations? Have you picked a target first location?
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1512277 wrote: Other than the repair work to the coach, how is the planning coming? Have you figured out how you will get the phone and network access you'll need in your early locations? Have you picked a target first location?

We have a Verizon Mi-Fi hub. That should serve our needs for now.

We are still planning on going to Maine before the cold weather sets in. Then follow the Autumn change down the Appalachian foothills to Atlanta for a long overdue visit with family there. Holidays in Florida and perhaps slide along the southern route to California for the winter. We'll see how that works.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Vehemus interuptus

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1512282 wrote: We have a Verizon Mi-Fi hub. That should serve our needs for now.

We are still planning on going to Maine before the cold weather sets in. Then follow the Autumn change down the Appalachian foothills to Atlanta for a long overdue visit with family there. Holidays in Florida and perhaps slide along the southern route to California for the winter. We'll see how that works.

Sounds like a great trip!
melissacooper

Vehemus interuptus

Post by melissacooper »

Yes, such trip is always great. I want to spend my holidays in Florida too this summer
I will ride at vuelta club races this year!
spot

Vehemus interuptus

Post by spot »

melissacooper;1518158 wrote: Yes, such trip is always great. I want to spend my holidays in Florida too this summer

How easy a trip is that?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

melissacooper;1518158 wrote: Yes, such trip is always great. I want to spend my holidays in Florida too this summer

Summers in Florida. Riiiight.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

That reminds me.

Due to multiple health-related adventures, and the aforementioned repair, we actually never got anywhere before Winter set in, and we are just now dusting off the Dancer and preparing to set off for the Eastern lands.

Hopefully, we set will set out for Florida in April. A 50th High School reunion is set for mid May, and then we are headed North to Maine, and perhaps on to St Johns Newfoundland to visit some friends there. (assuming that the Dancer survives the near-hurricane force winds we are experiencing, today. )
- DH Lawrence
spot

Vehemus interuptus

Post by spot »

You went to High School??
Wandrin

Vehemus interuptus

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1518165 wrote: That reminds me.

Due to multiple health-related adventures, and the aforementioned repair, we actually never got anywhere before Winter set in, and we are just now dusting off the Dancer and preparing to set off for the Eastern lands.

Hopefully, we set will set out for Florida in April. A 50th High School reunion is set for mid May, and then we are headed North to Maine, and perhaps on to St Johns Newfoundland to visit some friends there. (assuming that the Dancer survives the near-hurricane force winds we are experiencing, today. )

It sounds like a good shake-down trip for the Dancer. Any particular area in Maine? I'll be leaving early June, headed in that direction. As usual, I'll stay off the big roads as much as possible and explore the backroads along the way, so there's no tellin' when I'll actually get to Maine. I have roots in Bucksport and Bangor, so I know I'll be around there, at least for awhile. Who knows, we may cross paths.
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1518168 wrote: It sounds like a good shake-down trip for the Dancer. Any particular area in Maine? I'll be leaving early June, headed in that direction. As usual, I'll stay off the big roads as much as possible and explore the backroads along the way, so there's no tellin' when I'll actually get to Maine. I have roots in Bucksport and Bangor, so I know I'll be around there, at least for awhile. Who knows, we may cross paths.

We will be in the Sanford/Waterboro area, and then Boothbay region. If we go for the St Johns run, we will be going through Bangor.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Vehemus interuptus

Post by Wandrin »

Have you ever stopped by the LL Bean home store in Freeport? It is a very interesting experience, and not just for the bargains. Tour companies run busses up there every day from Boston. It is one of the places I stop any time I'm in the area.
LarsMac

Vehemus interuptus

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1518179 wrote: Have you ever stopped by the LL Bean home store in Freeport? It is a very interesting experience, and not just for the bargains. Tour companies run busses up there every day from Boston. It is one of the places I stop any time I'm in the area.

We've stopped there a couple of times on the way to Boothbay. We always drive up on US 1. We used to like to stop at Red's in Wiscasset, as well, but last time, the line around the block.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Vehemus interuptus

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1518165 wrote: That reminds me.

Sounds like a great trip, enjoy :-)

Return to “Travel Vacation”